Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cinco NERF Ebonthrax

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Cinco NERF Ebonthrax

It’s waaaay to hard to farm there + the drop rate sucks. Either add higher drop rate or nerf ebonthrax. People won’t play that map if thats way to hard...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Not exactly the most constructive way to ask for it, but yes I agree something needs to change. Either Ebonthrax needs a nerf or drop rate needs a buff, probably both. Farmed 3-4 hours a day this weekend with +80% reroll and not only did I not get a single drop above green, no one in my party got above a pink (not a chest).

After about a week of gameplay, there are only three mythics (to my somewhat limited knowledge) in the game. Wowikr Looted the dex ring from the free chest, and bought the dex wing from another player. I forgot who, but someone also landed the dex amulet. This means the drop rates are insanely low. My own interest has already peaked is falling off quickly.

If it took the entire endgame community 4-5 days to farm 3 mythics, how long will it take for me to farm 6?
    Last edited by Faq; 08-04-2019 at 06:22 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Faq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I agree, drop rates are way too low at the moment and considering ebonthrax is buffed, runs take twice as long as they did before. I myself have done well over 200 runs (pre and post ebon buff included) and have only dropped 1 elite, and have not seen any mythic pieces dropped from Ebonthrax directly. Player base is shrinking everyday and it’s hard to find a fast an efficient farming group. The drop rate needs to be buffed or there wont be enough players to farm with, since most are discouraged to farm at the moment.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

I can understand the frustrations of farming and not getting anything.

But I am a farmer by nature and my attitude towards farming differs from most.

How I keep myself motivated is the adrenaline rush I do get from a legendary or elite drop. I do not farm with the desire to get the best drop each time. I enjoy farming and the skill of clearing a stage quickly with a group of friends. It relaxes me after a stressful day. My reward for farming is the gold loot that drops as well as the liquidation price of items I do not wish to keep. If you farm with the desire of receiving the best drop each run you will hate farming. Change your attitude towards farming and you too might find it more enjoyable.

Cinco has mentioned many many times that the Mythic drops in this campaign are super rare and our best chance to loot them are from indeed the gold dragon chests.

As well as his thought of rare drops to remain rare , so as the price in these items will be viable and retain their value. And it will take months to obtain an entire set.

This new campaign goes back to the old days of Pocket Lengends.

Where you had to grind and work hard to level up, to loot a rare drop.

Platinum assists you to gain experience faster. As well as opening the Gold Dragon Chests.

Time to co-ordinate grinding xp runs to level up and cap with friends in Map 1: The Isle of Night, as well as getting a group of level 110 friends together to farm Ebonthrax.

Let us build stronger friendships and work on this daily and we all will get these sets we desire.
    Last edited by Fwend; 08-04-2019 at 07:25 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post

How I keep myself motivated is the adrenaline rush I do get from a legendary or elite drop. I do not farm with the desire to get the best drop each time. I enjoy farming and the skill of clearing a stage quickly with a group of friends. It relaxes me after a stressful day. My reward for farming is the gold loot that drops as well as the liquidation price of items I do not wish to keep. If you farm with the desire of receiving the best drop each run you will hate farming. Change your attitude towards farming and you too might find it more enjoyable.

Cinco has mentioned many many times that the Mythic drops in this campaign are super rare and our best chance to loot them are from indeed the gold dragon chests.

As well as his thought of rare drops to remain rare , so as the price in these items will be viable and retain their value. And it will take months to obtain an entire set.

Platinum assists you to gain experience faster. As well as opening the Gold Dragon Chests.

Time to co-ordinate grinding xp runs to level up and cap with friends in Map 1: The Isle of Night, as well as getting a group of level 110 friends together to farm Ebonthrax.

Let us build stronger friendships and work on this daily and we all will get these sets we desire.
    I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

Not to point you out specifically, but gameplay often constructs a strong dichotomy that divides PvE and PvP communities.

On one hand, the passionate PvErs enjoy the lengthy, arduous task of farming for months. On the other hand, passionate PvPers are eager to hop into the arena. These are the aspects of the game that appeal to us, and I believe we should brainstorm ideas to help achieve this healthy balance rather than say things like "We should just enjoy the content we have and move on." Until Cinco completely and utterly says "I will not change my mind, this is final" then I do think we should keep pushing him to develop the content. We're still customers after all.

No, I do not believe this is like the 'Old Pocket Legends'. It certainly did not take months on end to acquire full sets, but it did not take a mere day either. The PvE experience years ago was very rewarding, but now it's just dull and lingering.

The community will dwindle drastically, or at least become significantly idle, if the correct measures are not taken to address those who don't yearn for such a tedious grinding experience. Many forget, PL teemed with middle-to-highschool players 9 years ago. The player base that exists now consists of those who have grown up (PL doesn't really attract new players anymore). My time is extremely limited and valuable, and I'd rather player other games in my 60 minutes of down time rather than spend hours farming hard-to-get gear. I play PL to quickly hop into PvP games, and that's what makes PL fun for me and many others. I picked up PL years ago because it wasn't like playing WoW or Runescape that demanded hours of gameplay. It was always intended to be a pick-up-and-go game.

I wholeheartedly believe there are other ways to make PvE fun while listening to the PvP community. Vanities, for instance, would be extraordinarily fun things to farm -- yet Cinco has always been reluctant to implement ideas like this into actual gameplay.

I certainly hope the current content will be reworked into a more user-friendly endgame experience. I am very appreciative of Cinco's hard work and commitment; I will forever treasure PL. I hope Cinco sees this as a challenge and continues to be receptive of new ideas.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

This is ridiculous. It should never take months to get a full set to pvp with. This doesnt take me back to the good old days of PL; back then, there werent insanely OP mythics that only a handful of people can afford. Instead, this takes me to hell. WHY SHOULD YOUR WAY OF PLAYING PL (PVE ONLY) BE PRIORITIZED OVER MY WAY OF PLAYING PL (PVP ONLY)? There should be a balance between the two so that both styles are active. Cinco needs to buff the drop rates of elites/mythics (or make the boss easier) so that people can complete sets and pvp. TO BALANCE THIS AND CATER TO BOTH GROUPS, he should make vanities dropped in chests/from the boss itself very very rare. This will provide a worthwhile reward for people who solely want to farm, while allowing the very large pvp player base to actually pvp. I log onto PL a decent number of times per day. I have around 2500 people added on my friends list; this weekend, nearly every time I checked my list, there were only a handful (sometimes 0) of players farming Ebonthrax. Furthermore, I check cs almost every 2 hours for elite 110 dex items and havent seen new ones posted in almost a week. Literally 90% of the player base that is already capped just sits in town because farming Ebonthrax is currently a waste of time, effort, and plat. I feel like no one way of playing should be prioritized over the other, however this is the case right now. Plenty of great solutions have been posted and the argument that rare ENDGAME SET (pvp) items should stay incredibly rare just isnt healthy for the game.

Edit: Ghost said what I said in a great way 4 minutes before me (wasnt just copying his post)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

I can see and totally understand how the PvP community feels about the difficulty it takes to level up as well as completing those desired Mythic sets to pvp in.

Yes our player based has matured over all these years, I feel some have grown to be very demanding and unappreciative of all the hard work that is placed into our beloved game, and how much STS really do listen to our community more now than ever. Despite not appeasing us all the time they do read everything and consider what is best for the health of the game over all , and look at the bigger picture.

I have no easy fix solution that will please our entire community now as well as STS.

What I do attempt to achieve is having the best attitude towards the game and what is given to us.

We have all expressed our opinions as to why we felt it was difficult regarding capping to level 110 as well as the drop rate in looting Elite and Mythic sets, and why the EBONTRHRAX LAIR TICKET!! - 25 Platinum map is not successful and very expensive.

And Cinco kindly took the time to listen and read all our concerns and then he responded as to why STS has made leveling difficult and why the drop rate is rare. He added a chance of xp orb drops from all the bosses in the campaign. And addressed our concerns about a how easy it was to kill the Ebonthrax boss.

Let us all try this for another week or two? STS will see the activity on game, how much platinum is spent by our community and the effects of the mechanics of this campaign.
    Last edited by Fwend; 08-04-2019 at 09:20 PM.

-Helen Keller

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

You’re acting like we should all bow down to Cinco and STS for actually doing their jobs. They are supposed to make fun, popular games/updates that people enjoy playing. It shouldn’t be treated as some miracle when they introduce a new cap or update. Also, it isn’t incredibly amazing that they occasionally read our feedback and make changes; this is what should be expected of devs. They should cater to all play-styles and balance the game accordingly. I shouldn’t HAVE to be happy about every update they push out. Just because it’s an update and they put work into it doesn’t mean I have to be insanely grateful or positive about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Everyone has a different way to approach situations.

I just choose to remain positive and use non violent communication to express my opinions.

I will not bite the hand that feeds me. My opinions will not be heard effectively. Nor will I receive help when I need it.

Food for thought.

-Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I would have to strongly disagree on your statement this this cap brings us back to "old pocket legends". Going back to the sewers cap, I can't remember a single cap where one was expected to farm for months before aqcquiring the top tier set. Not only that, but pvp is completely unplayable right now, but that's a different story.

Right now you have mythic items going for in excess of 100m an item. Sure, with time those prices will drop but with enchantments, you are looking at least 500m for a complete mythic set. During the 56 cap you had useable gear at every level, green, purple, etc. You could pvp reasonably well against any other player if you had a bit of skill and timing. I know you are more pve focused, but to obtain a healthy player base you need both sides of the coin.

In the 61 cap you had the demonic sets, and while they took weeks to complete, they were a blast to complete. The process was incredibly engaging and the steels made it so even elixirs would only get to so far. But in the end you had an incredibly engaging pve experience rather than smashing your head against your screen for 5 minutes to kill a boss that'll drop you a trash item, and if your lucky you will reroll to a common.

Perhaps I am rambling, but my point is that this cap is missing the core elements of what made this game great. And at the core of this is in fact the drop rates. Without a healthy economy players will cease to log on and spend money to get a head. There is nothing ordinary about this cap and it is completely unsustainable in its current state. This is not reminiscent of the good old days of pocket legends, and from where I am sitting it feels like a blatant cash grab.

I hate to say this but you have a completely unplayable pvp situation, and a pve environment that is essentially a lottery, more so than it has ever been. Just feels like one giant squeeze to get us to empty our wallets attempting to farm virtual items that don't seem to exist.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Faq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

PvE has been needing new mechanics for a long long time. Though they may not interest avid PvE'ers, it definitely allows for the PvP'ers to enjoy farming. With that said, I do not think Ebonthrax was the way to achieve this. There are countless solutions on forums right now about how to make PvE more entertaining for everyone; it will forever baffle me why they get ignored.

While I agree that drop rates should be low for mythics, I definitely think that after two weeks of 110 there should be at least one full set of each stat in circulation. This is not the case and it is ridiculous. A low drop rate like this would be fine for things like campaign-vanities or other cosmetic items, but because they are literally a necessity for PvP this should not be the case. Myself and many others do not want to spend days farming just to compete in PvP. Endgame PvP should be the thriving PvP community but I haven't seen an unplanned full game in nearly three months.

Something needs to be done: Buff the drop-rates, make Ebonthrax somewhat weaker, and make Ebonthrax hostable for free.

Also, fix twink PvP.. lol.
    Last edited by water isnt wet; 08-04-2019 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Thank you for bringing up Demonic Sets, Faq. That is a perfect example of how it should be.
    I believe the comparison is Mythic and Demonic vs Elite and uncrafted Glyph. I will just add a few things, seeing as Faq has perfectly described the farming situation.

The Mythic parts this cap are way too overpowered. They add a 1k dmg bonus per piece over their Elite counterparts. It means that anyone with a Mythic Set, pr even just parts of it, can just waltz over any Player with an Elite set. As a result noone wants to play against said player or, what we see now, noone plays at all unless everyone has the same chance to compete aka Mythic equipment for everyone.
    I'm not saying increase the droprate of mythicals, if that's not what you, Cinco, see as benefitial for the economy. I say nerf the Mythical set severely, to a point where the Elite Set can realistically compete with the Mythic set.

The Demonic Set was only stronger than the Glyph Set by a neglectable amount. Still players would farm for it because it was still stronger than the Glyph Set, and PvP players will do anything to get an advantage over their enemy. And the Demonic Set had a unique Set effect which makes it popular to this day. In fact it's value has probably risen. If you would add such an effect to the Mythic Set as well, I'm positive that players will farm for it. PvP players will want to get it anyway becaude Mythic gear offers an additional enchantment slot. There is really no need for an 1k dmg bonus over the Elite couterpart.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tpfelblatt For This Useful Post:

Faq

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

My idea is a new map with multiple bosses that all have the chance to drop Elite/Mythic gear, like the mount fang room that everyone would farm dragon sets at. That way we get more chances at dropping in 1 run. There is still a map that isnt available yet maybe this could be it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HQNA View Post
    It’s waaaay to hard to farm there + the drop rate sucks. Either add higher drop rate or nerf ebonthrax. People won’t play that map if thats way to hard...

If you want to pvp go play honor stop crying and being soft! You can pvp you all just choose to complain when you could play honor while you are grinding pve until the mythic are populated enough. ALSO MOST PEOPLE WILL HAVE ELITE SETS SOON ENOUGH YOU CAN PVP WITH ELITE SETS BUT YOU STILL COMPLAIN NO MYTHICS (NO ONE HARDLY HAS A MYTHIC SO YOUR CRYING ABOUT IT IS INVALID)

NOTHING IS STOPPING YOU FROM PVP BUT YOURSELF! CINCO ADDED HONOR AND HE ISNT GOING TO RUIN PVE GRINDING FOR YOUR PVP NEEDS!

USE ELITES TO PVP YOU DONT NEED MYTHICS 99% of the people don’t have them

IF YOU PVP PEOPLE REALLY WANTED TO DO PVP THIS CAP YOU WOULD BE FARMING BUT I SEE 90% OF YOU LAZY PEOPLE SITTING IN TOWN TWITTLING YOUR THUMBS
    Last edited by Chaasivab; 08-05-2019 at 02:23 AM.

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaasivab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chaasivab View Post
    if you want to pvp go play honor stop crying and being soft! You can pvp you all just choose to complain when you could play honor while you are grinding pve until the mythic are populated enough. Also most people will have elite sets soon enough you can pvp with elite sets but you still complain no mythics (no one hardly has a mythic so your crying about it is invalid)

nothing is stopping you from pvp but yourself! Cinco added honor and he isnt going to ruin pve grinding for your pvp needs!

use elites to pvp you dont need mythics 99% of the people don’t have them

if you pvp people really wanted to do pvp this cap you would be farming but i see 90% of you lazy people sitting in town twittling your thumbs
    tYpiNg iN cApSlOcK aNd BiGgEr TeXt MaKeS mY oPiNiOn RiGhT aNd YoUrS wRoNg!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaasivab View Post
    If you want to pvp go play honor stop crying and being soft! You can pvp you all just choose to complain when you could play honor while you are grinding pve until the mythic are populated enough. ALSO MOST PEOPLE WILL HAVE ELITE SETS SOON ENOUGH YOU CAN PVP WITH ELITE SETS BUT YOU STILL COMPLAIN NO MYTHICS (NO ONE HARDLY HAS A MYTHIC SO YOUR CRYING ABOUT IT IS INVALID)

NOTHING IS STOPPING YOU FROM PVP BUT YOURSELF! CINCO ADDED HONOR AND HE ISNT GOING TO RUIN PVE GRINDING FOR YOUR PVP NEEDS!

IF YOU PVP PEOPLE REALLY WANTED TO DO PVP THIS CAP YOU WOULD BE FARMING BUT I SEE 90% OF YOU LAZY PEOPLE SITTING IN TOWN TWITTLING YOUR THUMBS
    typing in capslock and bigger text makes my opinion right and yours wrong!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chaasivab View Post
    if you want to pvp go play honor stop crying and being soft! You can pvp you all just choose to complain when you could play honor while you are grinding pve until the mythic are populated enough. Also most people will have elite sets soon enough you can pvp with elite sets but you still complain no mythics (no one hardly has a mythic so your crying about it is invalid)

nothing is stopping you from pvp but yourself! Cinco added honor and he isnt going to ruin pve grinding for your pvp needs!

use elites to pvp you dont need mythics 99% of the people don’t have them

if you pvp people really wanted to do pvp this cap you would be farming but i see 90% of you lazy people sitting in town twittling your thumbs
    typing in capslock and bigger text makes my opinion right and yours wrong!!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to burntoutdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    typing in capslock and bugger text makes my opinion right and yours wrong!!

can you hear me now Mr Crabs

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

can you hear me now Mr Crabs
    No, this is Patrick!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to water isnt wet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Daaaam... calm down budd