Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: DISREGARD THE OTHER POST —- this is the real solution. ENDGAME LOOT TABLE.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Exclamation DISREGARD THE OTHER POST —- this is the real solution. ENDGAME LOOT TABLE.

I honestly do not believe cinco believes us when we say just how bad the drop rate is. And I say this because I don’t believe the drop rate has been appropriately tested. The real solution is for YOU cinco, or any other dev, to test the drop rate your self since it’s your way or the highway at this point, and then tell the community what you really think about it being “fair” and challenging. I believe if you see for your self how the drop rate actually is, it might sway your mind a little bit. Gold chests do not drop, and elites are dropping 1 out of 100 kills if you’re lucky . I think everyone would have peace if you did your own assessment. Thank you for your consideration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Yeah, the current drop rates are quite frustrating. Since capping, I’ve done over 100 runs, all with 100% reroll, and my best drop has been just 1 pink. If the map preceding ebonthrax takes 4 minutes to complete and ebonthrax himself takes 10 minutes to kill, that’s 1400 minutes, nearly 24 hours, of pure farming just to receive one pink item. I understand Cinco wants the Mythic sets to be very rare, but when it takes 24 hours to receive one PIECE (not even the whole set!) of the THIRD best tier gear (not even second best!) then I start losing motivation.

Oh yeah, and the pink I received, I couldn’t even use lol. It was str and I am dex.

An ideal solution would be to decrease Ebonthrax HP/Armor (the issue is mainly the fight is taking too long. While his damage is strong, it still keeps the fight a challenge this way and not just a boring grind) and to (obviously) improve his drops in one way or another.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Maybe u dont need reroll for mythic items ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hai doods

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

I do believe you. You don't seem to believe that I believe you. Given how it's set up - it should take months to get a full set of the best gear. I think I already said this somewhere else.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I do believe you. You don't seem to believe that I believe you. Given how it's set up - it should take months to get a full set of the best gear. I think I already said this somewhere else.
    Even with the posts and comments over the weekend your position still stands? I understand if you need more time to observe the drop rates, but a good portion of the community is pretty unhappy with the current game state. I know for myself without any action from the development team, I.e. you, I wil most likely lose interest in the coming days and weeks.

Everyone is different, but I can’t justify spending time let alone money for something like this. Again, just my two cents.
    Last edited by Faq; 08-05-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    Yeah, the current drop rates are quite frustrating. Since capping, I’ve done over 100 runs, all with 100% reroll, and my best drop has been just 1 pink. If the map preceding ebonthrax takes 4 minutes to complete and ebonthrax himself takes 10 minutes to kill, that’s 1400 minutes, nearly 24 hours, of pure farming just to receive one pink item. I understand Cinco wants the Mythic sets to be very rare, but when it takes 24 hours to receive one PIECE (not even the whole set!) of the THIRD best tier gear (not even second best!) then I start losing motivation.

Oh yeah, and the pink I received, I couldn’t even use lol. It was str and I am dex.

An ideal solution would be to decrease Ebonthrax HP/Armor (the issue is mainly the fight is taking too long. While his damage is strong, it still keeps the fight a challenge this way and not just a boring grind) and to (obviously) improve his drops in one way or another.
    And this is said from one of the most passionate, dedicated PvErs I know

+1 !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Tbh pinks really aren’t even that hard to drop. It’s random luck yes, I’ve had 20 dry runs in a row with nothing dropping, others we received 6 pinks in 8 runs.

The whole saying “Ebonthrax takes 10 minutes to kill” is a bit overshot, even after the buff I’ve had groups where we take him down right at the 1 minute mark, yes we had x2/x3 daily combo’s, no we were not all fully geared in elite’s etc.

If someone truly loves PvE, as you claim he does above, then he should understand the hard grind with which he will cross paths during this cap. If it’s only 1 pink in 100 runs as a group total I find that extremely hard to believe, if you personally only get 1 pink in 100 runs then you can only blame your own luck, nothing else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Perhaps these drop rates would be fine in 2010 or 2011 but in 2019 when the playerbase is far less than what it once was, this is not okay. The way it is currently set up, it is the hardest of any cap in PL history thus far to drop the best gear. You could replace the setup with any other cap and have a better chance of dropping the best gear.

In a few days, maybe a few weeks, this new cap will become an afterthought - the cap that the community was so eagerly waiting on since early this year. Many of the playerbase will feel defeated and stop playing once more.

You have a chance to fix this right now, Cinco. Don't let the spark die out.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

As dolloway stated it’s dying already, and I’m hoping you’re giving me an honest response, why months? What makes in necessary to make it take months for more than just a couple players to finally have a full elite set? And for maybe a couple of mythicals to be floating about. We were teased with this cap for months on end with deadline changing constantly .. and what? 100 players or more fast capped form anticipation of how awesome the gear would be just to be let down knowing it’s going to take months of hard work? Not to mention I see the same players on a day by day basis. There’s maybe 75 dedicated players of pl that are on daily at random times.. other than that the game has become to difficult and is dying, what’s the point in letting this happen , I can’t even get into a full party because all my clan mates say it’s pointless to waste their time. And no one is pvping either . Was this a last hoorah to make sts a few grand then call it quits lol.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Perhaps these drop rates would be fine in 2010 or 2011 but in 2019 when the playerbase is far less than what it once was, this is not okay. The way it is currently set up, it is the hardest of any cap in PL history thus far to drop the best gear. You could replace the setup with any other cap and have a better chance of dropping the best gear.

In a few days, maybe a few weeks, this new cap will become an afterthought - the cap that the community was so eagerly waiting on since early this year. Many of the playerbase will feel defeated and stop playing once more.

You have a chance to fix this right now, Cinco. Don't let the spark die out.

First time I’ve ever seen so many restoration players disagreeing with how cinco has things set up. Many in apex are quitting as well , some I hardly ever see anymore, a couple who fast cap are refusing to even log on telling me to consistently check forums for them to let them know if things change lol.. I’m on my last string . Im spending a lot of my times on countless runs at this point. The orbs are nice and I’m almsot to 110, but out of maybe 47-60ish runs that I’ve done, I’ve received one legendary Dex armor lol, 3rd tier down. I’m fixing to give up as well and move onto console gaming .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Cinco u keep referring back to the 105 cap regarding sets but i dont really see the problem with it. Everyone had sets during 105 which gave people to the pleasure to PvE or PvP while they were reasonably priced 15-35m+(depending on enchats) our only problem was the procs in PvP when it was so obvious dex talon set was the most op. I dont think set farming and all that was ever the problem. But like we suggested keep vanitys on the loot table and others etc and people will be farming for ages (especially if there is 10 diff types of unique vanitys set at very low drop rates like mytbics atm).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

The hardest thing to determine about the entire PL community, and how they feel about this new cap is difficult. Considering many do no even voice their opinions on forums at all, even discord many are shy to speak out openly.

It is clear a apparent that many who have little time are finding the new mechanics of gaining xp and obtaining the best loot Mythic gear is very difficult especially when they do not have the time. Their motivation is being crushed by the difficulty in the huge amount of xp needed for each level as well as the little xp received the traditional way of leveling.

The xp orbs have returned but are only a chance drop from the bosses on each map.

With the nature of the game and the introduction of The Warlord's Prison map where xp orbs where looted easily from mobs and the boss dropped 20k xp orbs.

The addition of Oktal Odyssey Maps: Basin, Bayou and Bog, where the xp orbs where plentiful as well and from the boss.

Furthermore the Premium Platinum Map of MAXX CAVE TICKET for 20 plat.

All these wonderful new easy maps of gaining XP so quickly within a few hours, made it extremely easy to cap and level up.

I feel many within the community now want and expect the same time frame to level up now.

Cinco, I understand why the mechanics of XP and loot has been made more difficult for this campaign. It stems down to wanting our community to grind and work for what we desire with the purpose of keeping us occupied with the challenge.

Some of us are up to this challenge and have spent real life money on the game to gain the fast cap within the first week, others planned their time to grind hard and spend in game gold with the use of Xp Elixir Flasks to expedite their experience gain.

STS even introduced the most modest quest line in the new campaign to award any new character that unlocked the campaign and went through the quests over 6 million in gold and one free silver dragon chest and a gold dragon chest to open with no platinum.

My suggestion is a new premium platinum map for this campaign.

One which has more mini bosses as well as a boss that all have a chance to loot all drops on game including Mythic items and high xp orb amount 20k maximum, as well as mobs that drop xp orbs for those still requiring to cap to level 110.

This way the player base who are willing to spend real life money on the game can advance faster and are supporting the game.
    Last edited by Fwend; 08-05-2019 at 09:03 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Faq

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

This cap has SO MUCH POTENTIAL but it’s being crushed atm by the ridiculously low drop rate. This pvp has a chance to be so much better than what it has been. I played with an epic 110 talon set vs another 110 epic talon set and it was so much fun. But when you see people with not even full elites killing whole teams because they are so overpowered you realize just how strong and unfair mythic will be. I love exclusivity, it’s a wonderful thing but no set should cost 500m and take months to complete. When most of us are able to finally get mythic sets I truly believe that pvp will be so much fun again even with the enchants that I hate so much. Pve is fine and even ebon how he is now is fun to me. But it being fun and challenging is not going to get me to farm when the drop rate is so low that I won’t be able to get anything worth while. Currently it’s not worth wasting my time or plat/money to farm ebon. The community is only getting smaller and smaller day by day and we have all suggested ways to make it better before it’s to soon.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Duckypowerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Mastervoodoo, I find it funny that you continue to criticize the new cap, but you also support it by spending money and time grinding on it as well. That’s a bit hypocritical in my opinion. Obviously the devs have tested the drop rate for their own game. I’d like to think that Cinco has noticed that every time new content has been released for the game, the community is active for about a week, and then the in game population plummets to hell after everyone has gotten their new gear. Making the bosses and and loot much more of a grind would ideally create more community involvement over a longer period of time. You’ve been here since 2012, sport, it’s a bit funny that you don’t see that. That being said, even though community involvement staying consistent should be IDEAL with this model, another drought has once again started. STS should find a medium between the two extremes: the easy, pay to win content that we had before, and the seemingly impossible dull grind that we have now. This cap isn’t fun, it’s work. STS, You are not a AAA studio that can create an MMORPG expansion so compelling that people will want to farm for sets for MONTHS. I compliment you on your hard work in creating this new cap, but there is nothing that separates it from the rest of the game, and nothing that makes it any more interesting. Give us a reason to care, don’t just throw new vanity and gear at us and expect us to sacrifice tremendous amounts of money and time.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to water isnt wet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Default DISREGARD THE OTHER POST —- this is the real solution. ENDGAME LOOT TABLE.

I got a crazy idea. What if when you hit 110 you can do a quest for a complete mythic set. Obviously it wouldn't be easy but maybe have it require finding hidden Enemies In previous campaigns that drop scraps to craft with or something cool like that. Like a really hard easter egg hunt.
    Just a thought
    Last edited by plpr; 08-05-2019 at 09:07 PM.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to plpr For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Couldn’t have said it better my self duckie. Probably won’t see me on forums after this post, I’ve fought harder than anyone else who actually gets on forums it seems. Whether or not he believes it or not, but I’m voicing for over 30+ players that I personally know, and these are plat buying, farming/pvping maniacs that are now trying to get me to come play other games with them because of the “yes sets will take y’all months to obtain” feed back from the dev cinco. Waste enough time/ made enough sacrifices rushing to 110 just to be disappointed and let Down. But I gave it my best and if y’all wanna keep commenting / posting on what seems to be a lost cause, more power to ya, I have no argue left in me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    The hardest thing to determine about the entire PL community, and how they feel about this new cap is difficult. Considering many do no even voice their opinions on forums at all, even discord many are shy to speak out openly.

It is clear a apparent that many who have little time are finding the new mechanics of gaining xp and obtaining the best loot Mythic gear is very difficult especially when they do not have the time. Their motivation is being crushed by the difficulty in the huge amount of xp needed for each level as well as the little xp received the traditional way of leveling.

The xp orbs have returned but are only a chance drop from the bosses on each map.

With the nature of the game and the introduction of The Warlord's Prison map where xp orbs where looted easily from mobs and the boss dropped 20k xp orbs.

The addition of Oktal Odyssey Maps: Basin, Bayou and Bog, where the xp orbs where plentiful as well and from the boss.

Furthermore the Premium Platinum Map of MAXX CAVE TICKET for 20 plat.

All these wonderful new easy maps of gaining XP so quickly within a few hours, made it extremely easy to cap and level up.

I feel many within the community now want and expect the same time frame to level up now.

Cinco, I understand why the mechanics of XP and loot has been made more difficult for this campaign. It stems down to wanting our community to grind and work for what we desire with the purpose of keeping us occupied with the challenge.

Some of us are up to this challenge and have spent real life money on the game to gain the fast cap within the first week, others planned their time to grind hard and spend in game gold with the use of Xp Elixir Flasks to expedite their experience gain.

STS even introduced the most modest quest line in the new campaign to award any new character that unlocked the campaign and went through the quests over 6 million in gold and one free silver dragon chest and a gold dragon chest to open with no platinum.

My suggestion is a new premium platinum map for this campaign.

One which has more mini bosses as well as a boss that all have a chance to loot all drops on game including Mythic items and high xp orb amount 20k maximum, as well as mobs that drop xp orbs for those still requiring to cap to level 110.

This way the player base who are willing to spend real life money on the game can advance faster and are supporting the game.
    but I thought you said the power of friendship would help us drop mythics?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by water isnt wet View Post
    Mastervoodoo, I find it funny that you continue to criticize the new cap, but you also support it by spending money and time grinding on it as well. That’s a bit hypocritical in my opinion. Obviously the devs have tested the drop rate for their own game. I’d like to think that Cinco has noticed that every time new content has been released for the game, the community is active for about a week, and then the in game population plummets to hell after everyone has gotten their new gear. Making the bosses and and loot much more of a grind would ideally create more community involvement over a longer period of time. You’ve been here since 2012, sport, it’s a bit funny that you don’t see that. That being said, even though community involvement staying consistent should be IDEAL with this model, another drought has once again started. STS should find a medium between the two extremes: the easy, pay to win content that we had before, and the seemingly impossible dull grind that we have now. This cap isn’t fun, it’s work. STS, You are not a AAA studio that can create an MMORPG expansion so compelling that people will want to farm for sets for MONTHS. I compliment you on your hard work in creating this new cap, but there is nothing that separates it from the rest of the game, and nothing that makes it any more interesting. Give us a reason to care, don’t just throw new vanity and gear at us and expect us to sacrifice tremendous amounts of money and time.
    So you’re staying that last caps economy was trash? Sets were farmable at a decent rate and still exceeded costs of 50mil gold per set, where do you assume players will require such amounts of gold now? Nothing to farm ? Oh that also means nothing to sell too “sport”. And of course I support the game I love, and if you scroll up, it’s expected by the devs to take months to obtain a mythical set by chance. And you’re ok with that? That’s months assuming you’re grinding your *** off on a daily basis, not playing on and off maybe not even daily like most players do with a phone game “sport”. But good points you made at the end of your post. And you calling me out on me being a member since 2012 proves my point further, I’ve seen every caps economy pertaining to sets , last cap had no issues with economy. The player WOWIKR, spent 400mil+ on just two pieces of mythical gear. Should sets be worth this much? Oh wait the full set will be 1billion gold or more. Yikes . But that’s ok, good for the games economy lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    Gee thats weird, I wonder why nobody ever wants to be openly share their thoughts in your discord

?????

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    I got a crazy idea. What if when you hit 110 you can do a quest for a complete mythic set. Obviously it wouldn't be easy but maybe have it require finding hidden Enemies In previous campaigns that drop scraps to craft with or something cool like that. Like a really hard easter egg hunt.
    Just a thought
    And an excellent one at that. I love the feeling of completing actual REWARDING quests. I’d definitely to have some fun with that. Maybe we could set it up where we have to complete multiple quests and each quest offers a piece of the set you desire. Like the redbone one in Fathom Crypt lol
    Last edited by Waydog; 08-05-2019 at 09:24 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Waydog For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

I only help moderate the PL Central discord server.

Those who are toxic, cause drama, wish to troll, fight, argue with others and use an aggressive approach when voicing opinions are shut down.

The sever is family friendly for everyone.

Those like yourself have been given chances time and time again, yet you choose to be toxic and troll and cause mischief.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post: