Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Cinco, please give me real explanations

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Default Cinco, please give me real explanations

1. One style of playing PL (pve only) should not be the only way of playing. Why is the LARGE pvp community being completely ignored? Hardcore PVERS aren’t forced to play PVP for multiple hours each day for multiple MONTHS to unlock PVE content, so why should I be forced to play PVE for multiple hours each day for multiple MONTHS to unlock PVP content? I obviously understand that to pvp, you need to at least play pve a little bit, whereas to play pve, you dont need to pvp at all. My point is that I literally have to spend weeks/months playing pve to unlock pvp if I dont have 300-500m. This is absolutely ridiculous and stupid.

2. Why cant the elite/mythic drop rates be buffed and in return, make certain vanities dropped from Ebonthrax be extremely, extremely rare? I don’t understand how this isn’t a great solution. People get to complete sets for pvp and hardcore pvers get to farm for exclusive items. This solution seems so freaking simple to me and I don’t understand why you won’t address it.

3. The argument you made about insanely rare set items staying insanely rare just isn’t healthy for the game. It lets super rich players, SOME (not all) of which buy gold/items using IRL money, be the only owners of such items. I’m fine with super rare VANITIES staying super rare because these things aren’t completely essential to enjoying the game.

4. The argument you made about hating the 105 economy doesn’t make any sense. All sets had value (15-35m, more during peak of pvp) and people were fine (imo) with the prices of these sets.

I just want a reasonable, non-smart-*** explanation by a DEV as to why I am wrong about these things. I can get on board with the current difficulty of Ebonthrax if the drop rates are adjusted. Points 1 and 2 are my main points. The idea that the drop rates of elite/mythic set items should be buffed and in return have extremely rare vanities drop from the boss seems like an obvious win-win.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Misfit For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I completely agree.

I don't think I have anything left to add to this discussion that hasn't already been stated.

It's just mind-boggling to me that Cinco won't budge even in the face of a majority of players providing valuable feedback as to how to simply fix things in a way where both PVE and PVP players will be satisfied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

We arent asking for it to be easy to the point the value is ruined, we just want it to be obtainable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzling View Post
    We arent asking for it to be easy to the point the value is ruined, we just want it to be obtainable.
    Obtainable, unlike any rewards for winning in one of your tournaments enough said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waydog View Post
    Obtainable, unlike any rewards for winning in one of your tournaments enough said.
    Yeah that’s right, I said it. Go Waydog! Go Waydog! It’s my birthday! It’s my birthday! Aw yeah!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    1. One style of playing PL (pve only) should not be the only way of playing. Why is the LARGE pvp community being completely ignored? Hardcore PVERS aren’t forced to play PVP for multiple hours each day for multiple MONTHS to unlock PVE content, so why should I be forced to play PVE for multiple hours each day for multiple MONTHS to unlock PVP content? I obviously understand that to pvp, you need to at least play pve a little bit, whereas to play pve, you dont need to pvp at all. My point is that I literally have to spend weeks/months playing pve to unlock pvp if I dont have 300-500m. This is absolutely ridiculous and stupid.

2. Why cant the elite/mythic drop rates be buffed and in return, make certain vanities dropped from Ebonthrax be extremely, extremely rare? I don’t understand how this isn’t a great solution. People get to complete sets for pvp and hardcore pvers get to farm for exclusive items. This solution seems so freaking simple to me and I don’t understand why you won’t address it.

3. The argument you made about insanely rare set items staying insanely rare just isn’t healthy for the game. It lets super rich players, SOME (not all) of which buy gold/items using IRL money, be the only owners of such items. I’m fine with super rare VANITIES staying super rare because these things aren’t completely essential to enjoying the game.

4. The argument you made about hating the 105 economy doesn’t make any sense. All sets had value (15-35m, more during peak of pvp) and people were fine (imo) with the prices of these sets.

I just want a reasonable, non-smart-*** explanation by a DEV as to why I am wrong about these things. I can get on board with the current difficulty of Ebonthrax if the drop rates are adjusted. Points 1 and 2 are my main points. The idea that the drop rates of elite/mythic set items should be buffed and in return have extremely rare vanities drop from the boss seems like an obvious win-win.
    Lol to be honest at this point , I don’t see what the hell is even going on , 90% of the community wants to see a change , a change that isn’t gonna have a negative effect on the “economy” when the plat dungeon didn’t harm 105 once so ever. Sets remained 30-70m from what I recall. Which is a great median, but now with this drop rate the average player can barely afford 1 piece of gear with the limited supply of elites that are out . Lol it’s just such a joke, never played a game where an administrator wasn’t willing to make changes based on what the vast majority of the actual players thought was the best for the game. And one player mentioned how “of course the devs have tested everything prior to their decisions”. Ok when? Unless they’re on the game seeing it all for them selves they have no way of knowing lol.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I, too, concur!

Like Dollo, there's little left to say. We've made our points very evident, and it looks as though Cinco intends to remain steadfast about his opinion of the content.

I'm sadly starting to see myself resort back to an "I don't play PL, I just hover around the forums" ordeal. PL will transition back to players lounging around in towne doing nothing, a handful of buddies playing the 110 endgame content, and even fewer hopelessly finding PvP games.

Despite the obvious changes that need to be made, I've been adamant about giving Cinco the benefit of the doubt . . . but I can't help but wonder the hell's the twisted motivation behind all this.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 08-06-2019 at 06:36 AM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,167 Posts

I'll make a new premium map that has great drop rates for Ebonthrax and two other mini-bosses. I'm going to leave the rest of the campaign as it is.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I'll make a new premium map that has great drop rates for Ebonthrax and two other mini-bosses. I'm going to leave the rest of the campaign as it is.
    That’s amazing, and making it trade friendly is even more amazing, because I have friends who’s devices do not allow them to make iTunes purchases. You have my applauds! Wow!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mastervoodoo View Post
    That’s amazing, and making it trade friendly is even more amazing, because I have friends who’s devices do not allow them to make iTunes purchases. You have my applauds! Wow!
    Whose*
    Applause*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Will this map also offer excellent exp gain?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Whose*
    Applause*
    I’ve been up for 24 hours*
    Don’t care to proof read my fast typing*
    You need a better life than grammar policing on a forum*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

great now more chest golden and mythics drops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

When can we expect this update to roll out? Once again, thank you Cinco!
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I’ve been up for 24 hours*
    Don’t care to proof read my fast typing*
    You need a better life than grammar policing on a forum*
    Its childish quips like those that build towards the inevitable decline of this already dwindling player base. Pat yourself on the back. You are the problem

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Its childish quips like those that build towards the inevitable decline of this already dwindling player base. Pat yourself on the back. You are the problem
    Makes two of us bud ! You’re an inevitable quip bro!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Makes two of us bud ! You’re an inevitable quip bro!
    I hate you!!!!