Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Make Mythic items attainable through questing like cyber in 50 cap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Make Mythic items attainable through questing like cyber in 50 cap

I think if there was a quest to complete our mythic sets, there would be an incentive for people to do PvE without being discouraged by drop rates. For example, to get the mythic helmet you’d have to kill Ebonthrax 75 times, etc. Make PvE fun again, I miss the times when questing was essential to become geared in the game. People need a motive to do long runs, and this will give newer players a chance to be on the same level playing field as the older/richer players. I think if successfully implemented, many players would come back with a smile on their face. I personally would want to farm even more despite low drop rates since the quest would keep me motivated to grind hard for the best gear.
    Last edited by SuperGotenks; 08-06-2019 at 05:15 AM.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGotenks For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Cool suggestion

Granted, I don't see Cinco ever implementing something even remotely close to this. Maybe questing for elites, keeping mythics lootable? I could see this motivating endgame content -- then create mythic-free PvP zones!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I like this idea, but it does seem far fetched. Perhaps another idea, albeit far fetched as well, would be to make mythics craftable from their elite counter part. It would take time to implement but with a couple of basic crafting component introduced into the game I think it would alleviate the drop rate problem as well as incentivize pve play.

Doesn't have to be on the same level as demo sets but maybe a elite armor, with 2 pink crafting items, a handful of purples and greens and a pink recipe would give you the mythic armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

No no no....

Will it makes money for sts? No

Then it's a no

I have a better idea!!

Just put these Mythical items on the store for 2000 PLATINUM EACH ITEM! Just like Pure Stat Weapon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

At least give credit where credit is due!

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Before doing this sort of thing I'm going to see how things go with respect to item availability (after I make changes to Platinum players' options for drop rates with this week's update).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Make mythic item craftable you need elite and pink pieces l110 to craft mythic items that will be great thing to do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

I love the concept of a new quest line to make a set obtainable in this current campaign.

I do however, suggest that the rarity of the set be of Legendary (pink) or of Epic (Purple). Reason being, these sets are still desirable and will help you enjoy the campaign, whilst keeping the more desired sets Mythic and Elites harder to obtain and allow the community to continue to want to farm and spend platinum on the game.

If all we need to do this cap is to level up to 110, do a quest line and automatically be awarded the best set on game. How will this encourage the need to farm?

Once all pvpers get their Mythic sets through the quest line, will they farm anymore?
    Farmers will complete the set and what want to farm Elite rarity items? farm to craft the sets into vanity items? or farm for the rare vanity Admiral Service Dress and Admiral Dinner Dress?

The amount of the best end game sets will saturate the market, and players will create new alts to complete the quest again. But I do not feel the best set on game should be easily obtainable from a quest line alone.
    Last edited by Fwend; 08-06-2019 at 06:31 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    I love the concept of a new quest line to make a set obtainable in this current campaign.

I do however, suggest that the rarity of the set be of Legendary (pink) or of Epic (Purple). Reason being, these sets are still desirable and will help you enjoy the campaign, whilst keeping the more desired sets Mythic and Elites harder to obtain and allow the community to continue to want to farm and spend platinum on the game.

If all we need to do this cap is to level up to 110, do a quest line and automatically be awarded the best set on game. How will this encourage the need to farm?

Once all pvpers get their Mythic sets through the quest line, will they farm anymore?
    Farmers will complete the set and what want to farm Elite rarity items? farm to craft the sets into vanity items? or farm for the rare vanity Admiral Service Dress and Admiral Dinner Dress?

The amount of the best end game sets will saturate the market, and players will create new alts to complete the quest again. But I do not feel the best set on game should be easily obtainable from a quest line alone.
    No one is saying the quest should be easy to obtain mythics. Cyber took me weeks on end of constant grinding and farming was a bonus of questing. I started playing PL at a young age so I didn’t have access to platinum at the time, but since the cyber set was pretty much toe-to-toe equal to the rare dropping AO3 sets at the time, I quested my heart out for that cyber. That being said, leaving the drop rate low for mythics on the f2p side whilst also allowing a super long quest line to obtain the mythics would encourage more f2p gameplay. Newer players can easily be discouraged by high prices of in game items, especially when the current player base consists of players who have been playing for over a year now. Cinco could easily make the quest take months on end to complete—which goes with what his original plan intended for 110.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

I'm sorry but I still feel the cyber quest was still too easy for a farmer like myself.

I am all for this quest idea for either Legendary or lower rarity sets. But for the best set on game, I do not think this would be good for the nature of farming and the market on game.

-Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

I'm sorry but I still feel the cyber quest was still too easy for a farmer like myself.

I am all for this quest idea for either Legendary or lower rarity sets. But for the best set on game, I do not think this would be good for the nature of farming and the market on game.
    That isn't enticing at all. The Majority of the player base That is still level 105 that think this cap is a joke need some incentive. Not just to level up either. Honestly I think 90% of the people that play are in it for the pvp and that's it. And to waste that much time to level up to 110 to have absolutely nothing to show for it but a pink set isn't going to cut it.
    People aren't stupid, They aren't going to waste time not having fun to then not be able to have fun in the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by plpr; 08-06-2019 at 10:27 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to plpr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

No harm in a little hard grinding to cap, and to gain sets. The achievement to do that is a reward within itself.

Platinum, elixir flasks will expedite your xp.

Cinco has kindly listened to us and is working on adding a premium plat map for xp and better loot %, as well as taking off trash and common loot, including a time limit of an hour on the elixir and this will trade friendly.

If you are willing and motivated you will have the desire to play the game and try. But giving up before you even try, perhaps you do not have the heart to play the game anymore.

-Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

you didn't even play during the level 50 cap

of course the quest is easy now with stat pets, combo elixirs, the best gear and knowledge of how to complete the quest in the most efficient way possible

17. The Following User Says Thank You to burntoutdex For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    you didn't even play during the level 50 cap

of course the quest is easy now with stat pets, combo elixirs, the best gear and knowledge of how to complete the quest in the most efficient way possible
    Lmaoooo right? Smh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Rather I'd say, we need something daily basis to grind. This is very important so that ppl don't loose interest and at least play to do daily quest. That will retain their interest during the phase where for some it looks huge burden to breach.
    -Anything like daily xp
    (And/or) Daily few free quest to get one particular item (not whole set) either that ain't available other way or way harder other way
    (And/or) Daily few free access to something that is premium

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

I did play pre bsm and completed the ichor quest twice within 40 days.

Where I farmed 6 black dragon drops and was awarded a The Fire Axe of the dragon and The Elite Fire xbow.

Even so that quest was 500 ichors and the drop from the boss was random. One out of 3 to 4 runs you would receive a drop.

Even so that quest only took me a few weeks to complete.

I know of others who completed that quest three times within that 40 day time frame.

I understand pvpers have his desire and need to have the best sets on game and to cap quickly as possible and do not wish to take months to do this.

But with that in mind, if this is so.

How would this effect the game? The economy of prices on the best set of the game.

Will pvpers even consider farming anymore after they ger mythic sets or choose to pvp all day? Then of course complain about how unbalanced sets and classes are.

STS has to find a balance where the game can please the community but will also provide a continuous flow of Platinum spending by us.

Would players keep buying Platinum once they get the mythic set?

-Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

If mythic drops stay at the rarity they are now, I would like the idea of having them tied in with future events. We’ve had vanities and other items rewarded to those who rank the highest on the leaderboard after events in the past. Maybe include a mythic item(s) of choice to the top 100/50/25 who rank the highest in future events. I could also see XP being rewarded as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

I did complete the ichor quest twice within the 40 day timeframe.

Farmed 6 black dragon pieces and was rewarded an Elite Fire Axe of the Dragon as well as the Elite Fire Xbow.

The quest required 500 ichors and only one out of 3 to 4 runs would an ichor be looted from the boss. I know of a few who completed this quest three times within 40 days.

But that doesn't really reflect on why I continued to play the game and purchase platinum to support the game.

I understand that, all some players wish to do this expansion, is to cap to level 110 and get their mythic sets immediately. And then choose to pvp all day.

But I feel a balance has to made to ensure the health and activity of the game to encourage platinum spending.

If all a player needs to do to obtain the best set on game via a quest that may take a few days for some and months for others. After the majority of the community do receive these desired sets. How do you think this will effect the activity of game as well to encourage platinum spending?

Would you want to buy Platinum to run the new premium Plat dungeon to get more xp or loot after you have received your full Mythic Set? And enchanting it for pvp?

I feel keeping Mythic gear rare is a double edge sword. It does make the hard core players work even harder to gain the gear. And in turn will discourage casual players and those who do not enjoy the grind to not want to play the game.

The hardest thing to monitor is the view of the entire PL small community that are still currently active and playing the game daily. Many do not even use STS forums and read alone or don't even know of it's existence. We do have players from all over the world and English is not their primary language.

These forums do not reflect our entire community many actively playing daily are not heard.

With the addition of this new platinum map, for the first time this platinum elixir will be trade friendly. It is win win for both Pay To Win and Free To Play players. And it supports the game via players wanting to buy Plat.

Again I am all for the idea of the quest line.

But for the rarity of legendary or epic sets.

I also like the idea of a quest line to gain great amounts of xp gain daily similar to the daily quest line in Arcane Legends.
    Last edited by Fwend; 08-07-2019 at 01:36 PM.

-Helen Keller

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbattwo View Post
    If mythic drops stay at the rarity they are now, I would like the idea of having them tied in with future events. We’ve had vanities and other items rewarded to those who rank the highest on the leaderboard after events in the past. Maybe include a mythic item(s) of choice to the top 100/50/25 who rank the highest in future events. I could also see XP being rewarded as well.
    I don’t wanna be captain obvious here, but cincos commented on several of these posts now in regards to the new dungeon he’s fixing to release as of today or tomorrow lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mastervoodoo View Post
    I don’t wanna be captain obvious here, but cincos commented on several of these posts now in regards to the new dungeon he’s fixing to release as of today or tomorrow lol.
    Yes that will cost platinum. I’m talking about temporary events, not mini dungeons. These would help free to play players