Thread: Apollo's Operative PvP Guide!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Apollo's Operative PvP Guide!

So, I know that many of you guys have asked me in game when I would release my Operative PvP guide. Well, here it is! I’ll try to make it as concise as possible while still being informative!

So, as an Operative, you have MANY skills that can be useful, however, you only have 8 that you can actually utilize. What does this mean? The ones you pick will HEAVILY impact your playing style. Also, learning your distance of your skills and the ability to use that knowledge efficiently is a CRUCIAL skill needed to kill your opponents.

Exposition:

People ask me, what’s the best build for an Operative. The truth is, there is none. I’ll be posting my build here, but it has it’s weaknesses. I’ll illustrate them here and other builds that you can spec to in order to combat those weaknesses. Thus, I’ll be concentrating more on how you should play as an Operative rather than what your skill build should be. However, both topics will be addressed!

Play Style:

Plays style is FAR more important than your build. Cunning play style WILL make or break the player. Now, I want to address the various types of fighting styles you can pick. Pick the one that best fits you.

• Aggressive Play Style: This one typically had the DOTs (Flames of Insanity and Psychic Lash) maxed. Along with this, since Aggressive will typically lose out without some sort of defensive, the aggressive play style will usually have maxed blur. Typically, this play style will be VERY formidable in FFA, but in 1v1, it just does not compete.

• Kiting Play Style: This play style usually means kiting the other players skills/attacks. Typically, this is boring and just wastes time. Why? You waste time running and since your auto attack slows down your running, all you do is delay death/hope for a win. Granted, there are some people that can pull this off successfully, but not many can.

• The Dieting Play Style: This play style is my play style. I call it “Dieting” because essentially this play style consists of controlling your damage intake and maximizing your ability to deal damage. How does this work? It’s very fighter jet like. Stay out of range of enemy’s attacks, run in and bomb yours, and kite in little circles. It essentially combines the Aggressive Play Style and the Kiting Play Style in a nice little package. My skill build contains the essential skills needed for the Dieting Play Style. If you notice, my Heal is maxed. Why? It essentially negates the DOTs, should I get hit with them. What does this do? It renders a LARGE portion of that person’s attacks useless, especially if said opponent is an Engineer or Operative. That’s what I mean by dieting. You kite, control your damage intake, replenish with heal, and maximize your ability to deal damage. In words, it is quite simple, but it can actually take quite some time to master. Why? It’s very fighter jet like. As Muhammad Ali says, “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee”. That’s essentially what this style is about. You can accomplish curbing your damage intake by making small circular movements with your character. What does this do? If you’re on the outskirts, you float in and out of range. It’s very hard to catch you when you’re in range, but easy for you to determine when you are, provided that you know your skills range.

My Skill Build [Note: This SS is at L39. When you get to L41, invest all your additional skill points into Neural Shock]:

Name:  Screen Shot 2011-12-18 at 7.19.14 PM.jpg
Views: 5549
Size:  74.3 KB
    Last edited by Zeus; 12-18-2011 at 10:50 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: