Thread: The Future of Dealing with PvP and PvE Problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Post The Future of Dealing with PvP and PvE Problems

This week on the forums has taught me that there is no way to really balance PvE and PvP right now because their agendas are very different. I think that in future caps we might need to consider the ability for PvE and PvP only gear dropping. You could make the drop rate of PvP gear a lot greater than PvE. Make the sets only use able in their respectful locations like when we had class specific drops.

The only down side to this could be how it might affect the market of the game, but this could be a good thing and help bring all this chaos to an end in the future. The PvE community wants a fun farming where gear is remotely hard to get and PvP just wants to get gear as fast and start killing in the arena. There has to be a way to help combat this chaos.

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

This sounds like a terrible idea

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Faq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faq View Post
    Great you said its terrible with no reason why your comment is absolutely pointless like most of what you say

Thank you next anyone else have actual substance to add

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

It's not a bad idea.

I actually thing it's a great suggestion Chaa. I really just want to hop into that damn PvP arena...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

The balance is really simple.... make sets not crazy hard to obtain so pvp can become active within a reasonable time frame of cap release but at the same time offer new vanities that are difficult to farm for pve to still maintain its balance. I mean this was like 76 cap when we had plenty vanities to farm and sets were still abundant. Granted the community was larger then but still the task of a balanced pvp to pve isn’t very hard to imagine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    It's not a bad idea.

I actually thing it's a great suggestion Chaa. I really just want to hop into that damn PvP arena...
    1. Given the lack of love PL is getting from sts, is this really a feasible answer? We can hardly get a platinum based map for this cap and you are asking them to build and test two separate gear sets? Seems highly unlikely from a practical stand point.

2. This would essentially be honor pvp at endgame. If you really truely just want to pvp than honor pvp is pretty much exactly what you want.

3. What if I want to pve and pvp? Now I have to farm two separate sets? Maybe you might be happy at the start with your pvp set, but then a new event comes and you can’t participate because your set doesn’t work. So now you have to go out and farm the same set you would have gotten in the first place.

4. You are removing the need for hard core pvp players to spend plat if you make the pvp sets easy to get. In what world would sts go for this. Seems like shooting themselves in the foot.

I’ll think of more latter

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

1. Given the lack of love PL is getting from sts, is this really a feasible answer? We can hardly get a platinum based map for this cap and you are asking them to build and test two separate gear sets? Seems highly unlikely from a practical stand point.

2. This would essentially be honor pvp at endgame. If you really truely just want to pvp than honor pvp is pretty much exactly what you want.

3. What if I want to pve and pvp? Now I have to farm two separate sets? Maybe you might be happy at the start with your pvp set, but then a new event comes and you can’t participate because your set doesn’t work. So now you have to go out and farm the same set you would have gotten in the first place.

4. You are removing the need for hard core pvp players to spend plat if you make the pvp sets easy to get. In what world would sts go for this. Seems like shooting themselves in the foot.

I’ll think of more latter
    I see you have played into my hand... those are the kind of responses that are actually fruitful as opposed to the former.

Good points!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I see you have played into my hand... those are the kind of responses that are actually fruitful as opposed to the former.

Good points!
    Well played

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Faq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

This is a very interesting idea indeed.

How to please the entire community with the current nature of super rare sets?

If this concept was put in place pvpers will get their sets more quickly and will in turn spend platinum to enchent their sets. Currently the armors and shields still require Platimum rerolls to achieve the strongest statistics.

Farmers and merchs will still be occupied in both gaining pve sets as well as pvp sets to sell and make gold from.
    Last edited by Fwend; 08-07-2019 at 05:14 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I like the thought of this, but like you’re stating, the market would go down the drain. You’d split the two spectrums of pL. a lot of players just log on to pvp a few hours a day and a lot just wanna fun pvm maps with friends. The best solution would be to make farming profitable by adding vanity drops, different flask drops of different rarities, legendary, elite and mythical etc as it is now. With that being said, pvmers have incentive to farm for gear drops and consumables/ rare vanities and flask. I think both sides would be happy with this, the pvpers wont obtain these rare vanities because we’d be too lazy to farm, so you pvmers would have something that we don’t unless we put in the work !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Lets just see cincos new plat map and move from there. Hopefully that will be the last problem of this cap fingers crossed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Just sell 1 time access tickets to pvp dungeons complete with mythical gear ... like 20 plat for 60min ... EZ fix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaasivab View Post
    This week on the forums has taught me that there is no way to really balance PvE and PvP right now because their agendas are very different. I think that in future caps we might need to consider the ability for PvE and PvP only gear dropping. You could make the drop rate of PvP gear a lot greater than PvE. Make the sets only use able in their respectful locations like when we had class specific drops.

The only down side to this could be how it might affect the market of the game, but this could be a good thing and help bring all this chaos to an end in the future. The PvE community wants a fun farming where gear is remotely hard to get and PvP just wants to get gear as fast and start killing in the arena. There has to be a way to help combat this chaos.
    Even though PL isn't WoW, WoW has been implementing this from the start of Vanilla, should also include that the sets aren't tradeable. What they do and what PL could potentially do is have a system almost exact, where there are basically two different sets. One is a beginner/intermediate set if you will, which is the baseline set to get right away, and then they have the 2nd set which you guessed it, is the best set/items there is for pvp.

The way these sets are bought is through Honor points, which are gathered through obviously pvping. There is a daily win bonus, and after that honor points are based upon kills/wins throughout the day in your games. There is also a cap on the number of points you can get in a day. (To give an idea of how their system works, let's say one piece of the first set costs 1500 honor points, a daily win bonus grants 150-250, and then you can reach a maximum of 1500 a day. May also include different pieces cost a different amount of points to buy. Most expensive ones being weapon and armor. Others such as rings or a helm can cost the same.)

I think this could actually be implemented sometime in the future (whenever that would be) where there is a vendor having let's say a legendary set then an elite set for either str/dex/int. These points could act as a non-tradeable currency such as platinum, and could be displayed next to platinum or gold in the bottom of a player's inventory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

World of Warcraft is the computer, Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) that has lead the way all these years.

They still have millions of players who subscribe to them each year. However they too are loosing their player base.

When describing PL to others I always mention it is like a smaller mobile version, casual version of WOW.

I agree with Palm's suggestion of the way WOW deals different sets for PVP and PVE. No harm in modelling ideas off other games that are successful.
    Last edited by Fwend; 08-08-2019 at 03:49 AM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller