Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: After 7 years; do devs still not consider giving us more skills?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Default After 7 years; do devs still not consider giving us more skills?

I dont mean more skill slots (however this would also be nice because sometimes playing as a rog in PvE can be boring i dont know about the other classes)

Ps what I am saying here is only my PvE perspective because I do not PvP

I mean we actually need more skills, dont we?
    Almost every rogue, warrior and mage setup looks the same, everyone uses the same because some skills are just useless (hate to say it).

I think it is appropriate that after 7 years we can request some new skills for all classes.
    Yeah, we got Skill Masteries (wow, same Skills we already have just upgraded > doesnt count)
    And we got an Ultimate which is pretty nice to run 200% faster for me BUT I can maybe use it 1-2 times in a map so > doesnt count either.

So basically only minor skill updates in these 7 years of playing.

I can only speak for myself here right now, but please give us 1 or 2 events less this or next year, and focus your time and money and dedication and creativity on some actual skills which are permanent and add some fun.

Thanks in advance,

Venom
    Don't quote me

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenomSet For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

i'll prefer if old useless skills, passives, masteries, ultimates will be improved instead of creating new skills
    Last edited by slaaayerrr; 08-08-2019 at 09:17 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slaaayerrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

What a horrible idea nty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Pretty sure they said something along the lines of the current skill system coding being fragile last time someone asked about this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slaaayerrr View Post
    i'll prefer if old useless skills, passives, masteries, ultimates will be improved instead of creating new skills
    Thats an idea too, yes
    Don't quote me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    What a horrible idea nty
    I respect your opinion.
    But still, could you explain your statement in a little more detail.
    For example, why do you think its an horrible idea?
    Don't quote me

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I agree with you... If they don't want to create new skills, they could at least improve some useless skills like Rallying Cry, that ability it's just useless for PvE and PvP...

Sent from my moto e5 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Ultimates weren't added too long ago, and that was another way of customizing your playstyle and the like. I think a whole overall of the skill system is just, a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

In pl all tanks have a skill that is just like the terror blade proc that pulls in crowds, I wish tanks here had that option. It REALLY helped people to work on team dynamics, which is lacking in al.

Also rework old useless skills would be nice as mentioned.
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenomSet View Post
    I respect your opinion.
    But still, could you explain your statement in a little more detail.
    For example, why do you think its an horrible idea?
    too much work. previously dev said it would cost wayyy to much resources and will create further game imbalance. they like the game the way it is now and dont want to spend the next 6 months changing and fixing and refixing a new skills and adjusting them with gears etc

i think if u are bored then take a break or play a different game and come back later.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Hopefully fix curse skill for mage in PVE, so it does what it says.

MAGE OF DEVIANT MISFITSKGKGKFK

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuhguhbuhbuh For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

I’m not sure adding new skills would be the best idea for the game right now. However, I think it would be nice to buff some of the useless skills. Some examples for each class:

Rogue: shadow veil
    Currently: overall pretty useless as damage buff doesn’t stack with pet or elixir buff (most people have these). No real purpose for this skill.
    Idea for new: add a 15% crit buff for standing in it and/or add +primary stat equal to player level (so a level 71 rogue would receive +71 dex). This would add an offensive option to make this skill useable.

Mage: curse
    Currently: not sure about pvp but it does absolutely nothing in pve. Damage done to enemies is so small it’s not noticeable.
    Idea for new: make it similar to the bs staff proc. Before the staff got nerfed, the “curse” that came from the proc was very good and did high amounts of damage. If the skill curse was buffed to levels similar to this, it might make mages more useful against bosses, especially the hard hitting ones.

Warrior: rally cry
    Currently: buff is pretty much useless. Not worth investing a skill slot at all as it gives no offensive boost and overall bad defensive boost.
    Idea for new: similar buffs to the shadow veil I mentioned above. Give it a stat buff (or multiple). Warriors are not very good in boss fights, and people don’t want to run with more than one in a pt. In order to fix this, it would be interesting if rally cry buffed nearby allies with %boss damage (50% for example). This would make warriors desirable at bosses.

I think these are the main “useless skills” people would want to see buffed. These ideas might also better balance the game so it’s not rogue legends anymore, but all classes can be equally useful.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Korabiv View Post
    I’m not sure adding new skills would be the best idea for the game right now. However, I think it would be nice to buff some of the useless skills. Some examples for each class:

Currently: overall pretty useless as damage buff doesn’t stack with pet or elixir buff (most people have these). No real purpose for this skill.
    Idea for new: add a 15% crit buff for standing in it and/or add +primary stat equal to player level (so a level 71 rogue would receive +71 dex). This would add an offensive option to make this skill useable.

Currently: not sure about pvp but it does absolutely nothing in pve. Damage done to enemies is so small it’s not noticeable.
    Idea for new: make it similar to the bs staff proc. Before the staff got nerfed, the “curse” that came from the proc was very good and did high amounts of damage. If the skill curse was buffed to levels similar to this, it might make mages more useful against bosses, especially the hard hitting ones.

Currently: buff is pretty much useless. Not worth investing a skill slot at all as it gives no offensive boost and overall bad defensive boost.
    Idea for new: similar buffs to the shadow veil I mentioned above. Give it a stat buff (or multiple). Warriors are not very good in boss fights, and people don’t want to run with more than one in a pt. In order to fix this, it would be interesting if rally cry buffed nearby allies with %boss damage (50% for example). This would make warriors desirable at bosses.

I think these are the main “useless skills” people would want to see buffed. These ideas might also better balance the game so it’s not rogue legends anymore, but all classes can be equally useful.
    I really hope that devs take up these suggestions. It would overall give us a good gaming experience for new and old.

MAGE OF DEVIANT MISFITSKGKGKFK

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuhguhbuhbuh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I understand when people say that "oh they will have to spend to much time on this", but wtf... After 7 years, if its even been that long, I would think STS could be capable of creating a few new skills. A game that has had millions of downloads and probably made a DECENT amount of money SHOULD produce good content. Other games (which make less profit) create new content all the time. Instead of recoloring skins, using the same events every year, not adding a single new npc, they could actually try to fix the game. I mean ffs, there are bugs from YEARS ago that are still in the game... The most recent good update to AL was the stacking update. Sometimes I wonder if the staff members of STS are running out of funds, or they are just lazy... Like, I understand you still make money everyday if you do nothing, but you could triple or quadruple the amount of money by getting new players.

At this point though, the game is kinda screwed. Any new player will discover that every other player looks OP and everyone has OP gear, OP pets, expensive vanities, already lvl 63+. The only way for this game to be saved is for STS to create new towns, new map, new items, new vanities, new pets, new skills, ect.
    If you don't agree with me, that's fine. I don't care. But I think it should be said that STS needs to step up their damn game. Like sh*t dude, maybe make a new rolling spinny thing that you get to roll for free every day, or maybe just add a "daily rewards" thing for logging in every day. Maybe create a new PVP map, or a new town. Maybe add a betting system. Maybe bring back old vanities. Maybe REDESIGN the forums, so that each section fits the game it's about. (AL, PL, ECT)

God damn it, why did Justg have to leave.
    Last edited by Kyptix; 08-09-2019 at 03:05 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyptix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

We do hv ultimates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stellarstorm View Post
    We do hv ultimates
    You didnt read what I wrote, right?
    Don't quote me

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Some ideas for new ultimates. The goal would be to try and better balance the game.

Mage: Deal massive damage to a single target that insta kills any minion. Deals an additional 500% to bosses.
    This would essentially give mages the ability to kill off a specific big minion as well as give mages more usefulness in boss fights. Imo, mages already have best ultimates and it would be hard to replace energize.

Warrior: Buff all nearby allies with 100% boss damage for 10 seconds. Also adds 50% armor to all allies for this duration.
    The goal here would make warriors relevant in boss fights, as well as buffing the parties armor during non-boss fights. The current state of warriors makes it very difficult for harder maps to be run with more than one in the party. Hopefully this would help fix that problem.

Rogues: Create an aura around the rouge that does damage to nearby enemies for 15 seconds.
    The idea for this would be similar to the “ignition” proc of the flame forged daggers, only that the rogue can still use skills while it is up. Rogues have probably the worst ultimates, and this would give them a more offensive choice.

Let me know what you guys think. Again, the purpose would be to try and better balance the game. Right now, all classes do well with dealing with mobs, but rogues excel when it comes to boss fights, making the other classes much less useful. These ideas, as well as the changes to skills I mentioned in my previous post, would give all classes a more equal value.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Korabiv View Post

+1. Warriors are pretty much useless against bosses, and curse does nothing

Sent from my moto e5 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Im not fearful what new things will come (although changing stuff like sound effects has potential to do a lot of harm). The new items and procs like speed sets, spirit weapons and ultimate skills keep the momentum alive, but how about fixing whats wrong? Rogues shouldnt shoot thru rocks, lets start there and move forward.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger's cat View Post
    So, now all i do is laugh too because if i wasnt id be crying. So lets laugh together. Haw haw.
    Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger's cat View Post
    Rogues shouldnt shoot thru rocks, lets start there and move forward.
    hmm... i guess its time to laugh together again ;D haw haw haw

but seriously, rogues shot thru rocks only because theres some casting time of aimed/nox (rogue use nox/aim before hided behing rocks, but theres still casting time, and u see it like 'rogue shot thru rocks'), no problem, just decrease casting time and u will never see it "thru rocks" again, and will never been prepared to get aimed at ur face haha
    and why its again we talk about rogues? fireball/frost bolt have same mechanics, isnt it? or just remember that axe which can pull "thru rocks"...
    Last edited by slaaayerrr; 08-10-2019 at 01:12 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to slaaayerrr For This Useful Post: