Thread: Hyper-Thrax Dungeon Thoughts + Suggestion!

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default Hyper-Thrax Dungeon Thoughts + Suggestion!

I am very pleased with the new Hyper-Thrax Dungeon. It's a blast being able to find parties so easily, and the economy is really active again (in a much healthier way). I even bought plat for this particular map, which I haven't done for months -- it feels good being able to support STS and to feel rewarded for my time in PvE. The dungeon achieves this balance (imo) very nicely.

One suggestion I have is the frequency of higher XP orb drops. Cinco, would you be open to the possibility of having higher, more frequent XP orb drops from the mini bosses (i.e., 10k-30k xp orb drops)?

Let me know what you guys think!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I completely agree!

It feels somewhat unrewarding going several runs without a single xp orb only to drop something like 500-2000 xp the next run.

it seems as if the mobs drop orbs the same frequency as mini-bosses as well. I think mini-bosses should have a higher chance of dropping orbs since they're tougher.

The new map has been fun but there are a few changes that can be made to make it better. This is one of those changes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

I fully support this! Please add 10k-30k xp drops!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Considering the alternative I am happy with what has been provided, no need to increase orbs.

Why? so that this game keeps people coming back for a while, not just cap and leave...

My only suggestion is that when I die at Ebonthrax, I can rez right there for free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I am very pleased with the new Hyper-Thrax Dungeon. It's a blast being able to find parties so easily, and the economy is really active again (in a much healthier way). I even bought plat for this particular map, which I haven't done for months -- it feels good being able to support STS and to feel rewarded for my time in PvE. The dungeon achieves this balance (imo) very nicely.

One suggestion I have is the frequency of higher XP orb drops. Cinco, would you be open to the possibility of having higher, more frequent XP orb drops from the mini bosses (i.e., 10k-30k xp orb drops)?

Let me know what you guys think!
    I am not sure if it is just me, but Ebonthrax's dragon breath 1 hit kill is super bugy. I like to taunt to get the agro on myself then run behind the gold stacks to try and survive. 50% it works fine and he attacks with no effect, 50% of the time he just sits there and waits. Then I'll come back to join the attack and he will randomly KO me. Pretty annoying as he tends to wait till he almost out of health, have missed plenty of rerolls because he kills me at the last second.

Maybe I am crazy and seeing things

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faq View Post
    I am not sure if it is just me, but Ebonthrax's dragon breath 1 hit kill is super bugy. I like to taunt to get the agro on myself then run behind the gold stacks to try and survive. 50% it works fine and he attacks with no effect, 50% of the time he just sits there and waits. Then I'll come back to join the attack and he will randomly KO me. Pretty annoying as he tends to wait till he almost out of health, have missed plenty of rerolls because he kills me at the last second.

Yeah, Ebon is likely still a buggy... fortunately not to the point where it ruins the whole boss experience, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

I like the challange of Ebonthrax.

Keep in mind when you wear a full level 110 elite set and mythic set you will be much stronger and will most likely no longer get one shot death by Ebonthrax's special attacks and when he focuses on one person in the group to pull in towards him and destroy.

Others have mentioned thst the xp orbs in the new HYPER-THRAX platinum map is rather low and less compared to our previous campaign of MAXX CAVE.
    Last edited by Fwend; 08-09-2019 at 10:01 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post

Keep in mind when you wear a full level 110 elite set and mythic set you will be much stronger and will most likely no longer get one shot death by Ebonthrax's special attacks and when he focuses on one person in the group to pull in towards him and destroy.

Others have mentioned thst the xp orbs in the new HYPER-THRAX platinum map is rather low and less compared to our previous campaign of MAXX CAVE.
    I definitely agree with you on that. It's a very well balanced boss for a group of 110 geared players. I think the difficulty should remain the same.

I just hope Cinco can consider increasing the drop rate/types of xp orbs. Sometimes I'll get on these hot streaks, but it never compensates for the longer streaks of getting virtually nothing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faq View Post

Two line answer was enough but then what a chance to promote my vid & co-incident XD, I've covered that in my latest video :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

If possible i would love to see a different lay out for the map

Put Ol thrax in the middle, with the doors shut, and then a circle around the map to kill enemies, this way WHEN I die, i can rez and just walk back to the middle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post

Doesn't check out. Still got one shot killed wearing almost full mythic 1h str set. Unless the set bonus is some magical armor bonus, it ain't going to add much.