Thread: A New Year...A New Story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Exclamation A New Year...A New Story.

Alright, I know recently that there has been a lot of madness and hate between the community about the content that the developers are releasing.
    I'm also pretty sure the developers are noticing this.
    Anyways, I was one of these people who just exploded at the Christmas event, Mount Fang, and the quality of the work.
    But look, it's going to be a new year. And this new year of 2012, I'm sure that the developers WILL repair this game and turn it back into the AO3 ages of fun.
    I recently read this quote from Sam,

Hey Apollo,

Thanks for taking the time to put this post together. I really appreciate it and am always impressed with the effort you put into the community. It shows how much you care for it and why you were chosen as a Guardian of Alterra oh so many months ago. Just fyi, I changed the thread title to remove the "non-biased" from it. You know, there is always a bias

Honestly guys, I feel just horrible about the situation. As the guy that Spacetime hired to manage their online communities, I feel like I've let both you, the players and the company that I love, down. You and I both know that without you, our dedicated players, our games wouldn't be what they are I thought I had done the work where I could be out on leave with our new baby and things would be fine. .

When I step back and look at it, the issue is changing a flat fee of content to a turnstile one. Our intent was to make the holiday content more accessible. In looking at last year's event and the Halloween content we wanted to make it easier for people to get into it, hence the change to have a lower up front price (2 Plat now, vs. 10 Plat previously). This content has always been optional for Platinum. It was last year, it is again this year. That doesn't change the you can play the entire rest of the game for free.

For me the biggest issue is when you say you feel a loss of trust with Spacetime over this. In retrospect, I think that we should have done a better job of telling our players that this change was coming and why so that you would always feel informed and cared for. I know that we have a lot of work to do to try and regain that trust.
    I'm shocked, amazed and finally understanding now, to see Sam, a member of STS give such a thoughtful post.
    Yes, I do admit that the developers messed up some things and the community messed up many other things.
    However, this is going to be a new year. And there's good things, too, like Voleria on SL(insanely creative campaign), and the release of PL on Chrome.
    So, while I am still mad at STS for messing SOME things up, I do believe from this post and from many other rumors that next year will be a better year.
    Toast to PL!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Whirlzap For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Thanks for posting, Whirlie. Glad to see you're still around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

wow. i dont know what to say. i think next year will also be much better. i think spacetimestudios are really awesome, and i just love their games!
    to you, STS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

@Wound: Really inactive, but still aroundxD
    @Skeleton: Yeah, that post from Sam changed alot about my views.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

In my year and a half of being here one thing I have learned is in the end STS always comes through. I have seen my fair share of Dev vs Player battles and it always ends the same. Peace is restored and things simmer down..... until the next battle So to the devs I say thank you for all the hard work and long hours you put in for us. To the players I say keep the constructive feedback coming and work with them to better the gameplay for all of us. Working together benefits all of us. Have fun and enjoy the game