Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Plat based auction system for igns

  1. #41
    Member illumminati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    80
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    38
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allset View Post
    Names that are banned should be released in some fashion or another. Free or otherwise... It's not like STS can't do it because they can. The question is how do they want to do it?
    The biggest problem with releasing old IGNS is that most these people have been banned for bad reasons. Imagine getting the IGN of someone who was a Scammer or Very abusive or someone who booted every member of a previous guild? You may also get the backlash thats connected with it and be accused of things you did not do.

    On the flip side you may get a scammer who scams then claims to be a “new owner” just to confuse others or cover his identity. I have had this happen to me previously as someone with a similar name to mine was a known scammer and got banned.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,899
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    80
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    113
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

    Default

    bad idea -1 from me

  3. #43
    Forum Adept Allset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Razor's Edge
    Posts
    305
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    72
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

    Default Plat based auction system for igns

    This is just my 2 cents about the subject. With MMO where you can only use letters with names are especially valuable because you have only so many valuable combinations that you want. Names represents your char so even if “Omg or Abc” was a scammer I would want that name because you can see that before any style or vanity I have. Names in MMOs are valuable regardless of history...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Allset; 08-13-2019 at 01:49 PM.

  4. #44
    Forum Adept Willl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Behind you =)
    Posts
    429
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    121
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    145
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illumminati View Post
    The biggest problem with releasing old IGNS is that most these people have been banned for bad reasons. Imagine getting the IGN of someone who was a Scammer or Very abusive or someone who booted every member of a previous guild? You may also get the backlash thats connected with it and be accused of things you did not do.

    On the flip side you may get a scammer who scams then claims to be a “new owner” just to confuse others or cover his identity. I have had this happen to me previously as someone with a similar name to mine was a known scammer and got banned.
    Even not releasing old igns there are always people who try scam saying "its me" and they just add 1 letter to the original player to fake people...I mean..just like trade window..igns..need be careful who to trust.

    Maybe might be bit more cofusing..but this kind of scam still happen nowdays

  5. #45
    Member illumminati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    80
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    38
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allset View Post
    This is just my 2 cents about the subject. With MMO where you can only use letters with names are especially valuable because you have only so many valuable combinations that you want. Names represents your char so even if “Omg or Abc” was a scammer I would want that name because you can see that before any style or vanity I have. Names in MMOs are valuable regardless of history...





    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Maybe in other MMOs names are valuable, but in AL names do not have value as u cant sell or trade them. Names may be desirable but they hold no value. Theres thousands of combination of names that are still available. I do not see what makes ABC more valuable than ABEDISHF. Both are worthless as u cant sell them

  6. #46
    Senior Member |Ares|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    518
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    107
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    166
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

    Default

    What about the players that still play the game but their old accounts with the certain name got banned? I personally wouldn't like to see someone running around with my old name.

    Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:


  8. #47
    Member illumminati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    80
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    38
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    What about the players that still play the game but their old accounts with the certain name got banned? I personally wouldn't like to see someone running around with my old name.
    Imagine someone who scammed u or destroyed your guild got banned and suddenly returned. Maybe the person behind it has changed but imagine seeing that persons IGN who hurt you everyday. Some things are best left forgotten

  9. #48
    Senior Member |Ares|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    518
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    107
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    166
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illumminati View Post
    Imagine someone who scammed u or destroyed your guild got banned and suddenly returned. Maybe the person behind it has changed but imagine seeing that persons IGN who hurt you everyday. Some things are best left forgotten
    That's what I mean. Converting a name into a chest and then list on the auction house isn't bad idea.

    Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:


  11. #49
    Forum Adept Allset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Razor's Edge
    Posts
    305
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    72
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

    Default Plat based auction system for igns

    Quote Originally Posted by illumminati View Post
    Maybe in other MMOs names are valuable, but in AL names do not have value as u cant sell or trade them. Names may be desirable but they hold no value. Theres thousands of combination of names that are still available. I do not see what makes ABC more valuable than ABEDISHF. Both are worthless as u cant sell them
    ABC is the first three letters of the alphabet which is better than what you typed above imo. Names & phrase are worth money that’s why they can be copyrighted. Although it could get you banned in AL. STS actually owns the banned names in the game. Which means they could sell them or release them as they see fit. But I know they are actually pretty fair so they may just keep them banned because this thread is definitely on the -1 side with the community.




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Allset; 08-13-2019 at 05:19 PM.

  12. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    565
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    190
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    317
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

    Default

    +1 to NPC "Namingston" pops up in maps when u kill random mobs to offer u one random "rare" ign name for purchase for 5000 plat.

    People can change IGN any time they want to hide/cover a trail anyway so... If people are willing to give money for these specific names then why not!

    Some names can be sold for plat.... some names are priceless :3


  13. #51
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    416
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    26
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    53
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

    Default

    I buy 'sts' ign for 1B.

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  14. #52
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    462
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    69
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    48
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Default

    There is a story behind every ign. You will never be that person... be yourself


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tackled For This Useful Post:


  16. #53
    Senior Member VenomSet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    628
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    152
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    207
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

    Default

    Wow, you people must be proud for buying an IGN which was used to sell golds for real money or scamming.
    Great reputation you will have!
    Don't quote me

  17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #54
    Moderator Remiem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,051
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    340
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10,120
    Thanked in
    1,531 Posts

    Default

    Hey guys. Thanks for the feedback! This is definitely a polarizing idea and I totally get that. Ultimately, we decided not to move forward with this because of a lot of the reasons people mentioned. Confusion and drama from seeing banned names back in game, among other things. Of course, we'll let you guys know if this ever changes, but for now it's a no go and an opportunity to get super creative with your IGNs.
    | | | | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Players Based Quest System
    By Kingumar in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2017, 07:58 AM
  2. Player Based Quest System
    By Kingumar in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2017, 04:29 PM
  3. Auction search function based upon awakenings
    By Lawpvp in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2016, 07:16 PM
  4. System-based PVP Channel
    By Faliziaga in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 06:32 AM
  5. Luck based pvp system
    By readtitle in forum PL Player vs. Player Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-08-2013, 09:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •