Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Default Honest Opinion of 110

Hi,

I really find joy in writing, and I could go a lot more in depth than this, but I will do my best to keep this as short as possible.. so with that being said, let’s just delve into this controversial topic:

This cap had so much potential, a true chance to help PL rise from the ashes (a chance unheard of in literal years) – but it is glaringly obvious that this was not accomplished.

Despite that bluntness, I do think there is still a chance to save 110, and ultimately, PL’s timeline, because let’s face it: this is going to be the last cap.

I think to begin with, we need to clarify just what has been causing the problems (not that it isn’t already clear, lol).

So, in no particular order:

There is – literally - no incentive for PvPers to cap;

Ebonthrax is too unrewarding and difficult to solo (who has time to organise a group if they log on for spurts of 10-15minutes?);

It’s close to 1m xp to cap, and the highest orb that drops is 5k;

And, to top it all off: Horrendous drop-rates for necessary gear.

Listed like that, I think the solution presents itself quite eloquently.

WhoIsThis sums up the context for my next point better than I am able to, so I will use his work as the basis for what I am about to say:

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis
    There are 4 basic types of PL Players. Let me Split them into 2 categories first.
    PvE Players
    1. Casual players:
    They may play PvP for a bit, but by far their main attraction is PvE. They don't spend a lot of time on PL, may or may not reach level cap. Only a portion will buy platinum. The main spine was made free in an attempt to get more of this type of player.

2. Hardcore PvE players:
    They may have experienced PvP, but do not like it, usually due to their poor performance or bad experiences. They spend a lot of time playing PvE and are among the richest players in the game. They can be a good source of revenue, with many consuming hundreds of plat (sometimes thousands) per month in elixirs, vanity, and other items. They may have serval alts. There are also many aggressive merchants in this category. A subcategory are a handful that do PvP, but mainly PvE.

PvP Players
    3. Twinkers:
    They are hardcore PvPers. They usually have multiple twinks and spend lavishly per character, trying to get the perfect "twink". They play at many different levels and love what they do. Their only recent complaint has been the decline of twinking, which has seen a rise of rushers and sore losers.

4. Level Cap PvPers:
    I myself am in this category. They are usually the first to get to the level cap. Level cap PvP is why they exist. Money only matters as an end to get the best equipment. At each level cap, they get their quickly, get the end game equipment, and basically spend 80%+ of their time (some 100%) in PvP. If they did not have to, many would spend little or even no time in PvE.

I think an important distinction to note is that only player types 2-4 are what is left in this game, even then, groups 3 and 4 vastly outweigh group 2 (unbiased fact, please don't argue). Twinking is slowly dying, and yes, I know I have been saying that for years now, but it's real this time: There are literally 2 "active" levels which house < 15 unique players each day, and that is only because it is the closest thing to balanced PvP without the endgame grind - and even then, it is a pale imitation of what PL PvP has to offer.

However, the overwhelming majority of the remaining players are here solely for Endgame PvP. If you want the majority of the playerbase to participate in the new cap (and spend money), give them an incentive to do so: don’t hide necessary gear (mythics) behind outdated drop-rates; and, either buff the drop-rate of orbs, or allow 10-20k’s to drop.

It goes without saying that I don't speak for everyone, but I have definitely been around longer than most who are active, and can recognise what is healthy for the game and what is not. 110 is not.

I didn't want to add yet another thread to the current mess of the current General Discussion, but all you lot are doing at the moment is arguing with no real construction or thought to your posts.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to burntoutdex For This Useful Post: