Thread: Starter/Campaign Quest Pets for New players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Post Starter/Campaign Quest Pets for New players.

Over the past couple of years I've seen many updates that have a somewhat negative impact on the way new players advance and thrive in this game. Leveling has become a tremendous task thanks to nearly all of the Original maps, that required teams to solo such as Baleforr Sewers and Mount Fang, have now become dead with no active players running them. Now Levar was actually a great idea to have in the game, but for some reason he was removed, which annoyed me so I'm making a suggestion towards a starter or campaign driven pet issued for EVERY MAP CAMPAIGN that increases in base stats as you dwell deeper in the levels.

While I do have a somewhat critical view of how I believe pets ruined the entire economy of the game. Examples of this was devaluing the prices of economy based items such as Sets or exclusive items like frog wands, which use to be sold for a very hefty price some 6+ years prior. Now even with all of that said i cannot deny the usefulness that the pets offer. PvEing has become a much easier task and that works perfectly with progressing through the game. While i suggest adding a new pet obtainable for every player, new and old, i believe that by making this pet off the bat would require it to be onpar with tinsel and oro. So instead i suggest a campaign based pet system that starts from forest haven and stops at Oktal Thrax.

The best way to do this is by introducing new NPCs that is stationed in the towne that the pets originate from. A Forest Haven pet should be craftable from Burke, same way a sewers pet should be crafted from Farrow The Forger and so on. There will be requirement that the player will have to overtake before they can obtain these new pets. First it's to complete every quest that is from the campaign that you are looking to craft your pet from. To craft a Forest Haven pet you'll need to complete all 13 quests before Burke can issue you the pet quest. Second requirement is for you to complete each new line of quests that will be issued to you by the Forger/Beastmaster. This NPC will award you materials not farmable in the dungeons. A example would be a DAILY quest that gives Leather or Cloth. Once you gather the correct amount of materials you are now set to craft your pet.

The pets base stats vary from campaign to campaign but i do not believe that the stats should be as overpowered like tinsel, gleam, and orotour. They should be good enough to get you to the next campaign or at least until the next big difficult jump. If we are starting from Forest Haven. Then a 20 Damage, 20 Armor, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, and 1.25x Experience pet is suffice enough to last you until the Lost Expedition campaign. Once here you will do the same exact quest line as FH until you obtain a pet with slightly better stats, this should last you until Oasis where you will repeat this pattern until sewers. These pets should not be tradable.

Thisis just a suggestion, but it's a suggestion that i wish to be implemented. The game is just to hard to progress in now that there is really no reason for higher levels to run the old maps. Most new players are stuck with no form of help in times of need, because of this many end quit stopping or quitting around Blacksmoke Mountain if they can make it that far. Beggars litter townes at a far larger weight than back then. Yet we brush them off, in our minds the events should be more than enough to help them, without considering what the game is like for them. How will a new player be capable of doing a event if they can't even solo Balefort or Fathom Crypt? How can they progress in a event if higher levels are not going to carry them? These are questions that needs to be addressed.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 04-21-2020 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Decided to explain it more in depth.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

*Bumping thread to maintain relevancy*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Bumping since i explained in more depth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Don't bump threads because it is against forum rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    Bumping since i explained in more depth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDragon View Post
    Don't bump threads because it is against forum rules.
    I think it's fine since he added more detail and updated it.

Great post. This would be helpful for new players and really explain to them how important pets have become in this game since the tutorial/earlier campaigns (before 85) were introduced. The tutorial could also use a bit of an update with an emphasis on new concepts such as statted pets, enchants, and so forth considering how important these things have become in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I was literally gonna make a thread on this... also a great way to introduce the world of pets, since thats where we are now in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Also we should probably have common "junk" pets that give stats much lesser than the top pets like Decathrax and such. Lower levels ask me all the time for a pet with stats but I am unable to help because all of the pets with stats in this game are discontinued and cost at minimum a few million gold. I think we should get some kind of common pets with lower stats to help out lower levels in the next event release; pets that ideally cost the same as some of the newer common vanity weapons like Sapphire and Ghost (only 100-200k or less to be affordable for these newer or returning players).