Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Several Suggestions For Game Improvements(warning: long post)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Several Suggestions For Game Improvements(warning: long post)

This game has the most potential of any mmo of its type on the mobile market right now. I feel like if you want the game to make money long term you have to balance content for end game users and new players. On top of that you MUST balance the platinum system. That's a tough one because you must maintain a pay system that makes customer WANT to spend money, not forces them to spend money. I have some thoughts of things that might make the game a better game. I am also a developer so I know the time sync required for some of these ideas, but in the end I think each of the ideas will have their own pay offs. As a side note, these methods have been widely successful in other games. I will quote references where possible.

Things I will discuss in this post(this will be a long post, but good).

1. Recurring monthly payment system(optional, not mandatory)
    2. Platinum on the market
    3. Better platinum purchases
    4. End game(Highest level) dungeon with unique rewards
    5. Advanced PvP
    6. Item customization
    7. Achievements
    8. Skill distribution

First, don't get scared. Definitely not a mandatory system, but, in a mobile game you will lose everyone if you make a mandatory payment system. First, you need to make the payment system COMPLIMENT platinum. Parallel kingdom came out with this type of system. I will use fictional numbers as examples for this. In this system you would charge $5.99 a month. You would become a "premium" member. Being a premium member would gain bonus's to existing platinum mechanics.
    Examples:
    A) Exlixers last 2x as long(including daily free exlixer)
    B) All platinum purchases are sold at 33% discount(includes exlixers, item packs, holiday packs, map packs, weapons, armor, rings, vanity items, char slots, bag slots, stash slots, etc...)
    C) Premium members are granted 10 platinum per day as long as they are a premium member.

The idea is to make the deal so good that people WANT to pay you for the service. What you get is definitely worth the 6$ a month. At that price, a great deal of people will voluntarily pay this, however, these benefits are all optional. If you do spend additional money on platinum, it will make that platinum go further. However, you only get 300 plat to spend on your monthly subscription, thus this will encourage players to maintain more platinum, but, its not required. Platinum is free for STS to make up anyways, so if you have to drive the bargain up, its not costing STS anymore to do this and will begin a trend of guaenteed recurring monthly payments while giving the customers more bank for the buck.

2. Platinum on the market

Again, in several other games, the "pay to play" currency(such as platinum, food, gold, etc) eventually have been made into a tradable commodity. In parallel kingdom specifically, "food" is the pay to play item required to do things even as simple as leveling up. In my whole time playing PK I did not purchase food, I bought it off other players. Since it could be traded in some form, it was able to be "brokered." A small group of people purchased most of the plat that existed, and sold it on the market for gold, which allowed players to access premium content without paying RL money. It didn't matter, because PK owners made their money off the food anyways.

In PL, I think that it would be in the best interest of both players and STS to treat platinum as an item that can be sold for gold. That is to say, NOT to change the market system to allow players to sell things for platinum. You can only sell platinum for gold. I think this change will be easy enough and, even if it was not widely popular, worst case it would not have any negative impact on the community. I do think it will be popular and it will likely cause a influx of plat purchases for STS and the ability to get platinum without using real life money for all players.

3. Better platinum purchases

I realize that items purchased for plat should not unbalance the game and should not be better than drops of the appropriate level. In other words, I do NOT believe STS should sell platinum items like level 19 pinks with stats that rival level 30 pinks drops. I believe that items should exist with different stats than weapons found at the same level(not better, just different). This allows players more diversity in equipment. If platinum is available to trade for on the market, people lose their complaint that they do not want to pay RL money to get these items.

I feel like people would buy more platinum IF they had more viable items to spend the platinum on. Currently, their is not much.
    Ideas:
    A) Much, much more vanity to customize your look and feel without being forced to wear mismatched items because of stats.
    B) Better weapons and armor that span from level 1, all the way to max level(whatever it happens to be at the time).
    C) Rings up to max level. Create better sorting(by level, then primary stat maybe(str/int/dex)). Sell jewelry all the way up. Currently you only have to purchase once or twice.
    D) Their are endless things you could add here and I think more is better. Low level is great, but adding things for vets is not a bad idea either

4. End game(Highest level) dungeon with unique rewards

I just came back to this game. What this game originally lacked was end game content. As pvp is pretty sub par and not a major part of this game yet, getting better gear is the only real goal. Once you get the best gear, theirs not really anything left to do and the game gets VERY boring VERY fast once their is no way to advance further.

To fix this, I was thinking a level XX(max level) dungeon. With the way it is, their should be a dungeon that required max level(example level 66) to enter. The dungeon would scale as level caps are raised. This dungeon should not require elixers, as a matter of fact, this dungeon will remove all exlixers from all players and are not to be used here. This dungeon and its rewards are designed to be challenging and rewarding, not easy and fast. No help from pay-to-play mechanics.
    Dungeon Mechanics:
    A) Requires max level
    B) No elixers
    C) 4 bosses total
    D) Each boss will be a long/challenging battle, however the rewards will be good. This dungeon will be dynamic. The dungeon itself will remain the same, but when an expansion comes out, the level reqs and creature toughness and loot tables will be adjusted.
    Boss 1) This boss when killed has 100% chance to drop a pink helm to each player. The pink will any existing pink helm from level 1 - [Max Level - 1]. Example: Any pink from Req Level 1 - 65(if 66 is max level).
    Boss 2) This boss when killed has 100% chance to drop a pink armor/shield to each player. The pink will any existing pink armor/shield from level 1 - [Max Level - 1]. Example: Any pink from Req Level 1 - 65(if 66 is max level).
    Boss 3) This boss when killed has 100% chance to drop a pink weapon to each player. The pink will any existing pink weapon from level 1 - [Max Level - 1]. Example: Any pink from Req Level 1 - 65(if 66 is max level).
    Boss 4) This boss will spawn when all other bosses and creatures are killed. The loot tables for this Boss are all 100% unique. My idea is that the loot table will have 100 unique items on it. All armor/weapons/shields/helm/pets will be required level of 66(or whatever max level is at the time). Examples of possible loot: High Quality gear only available as loot here, different amounts of platinum as rewards, vanity items only available as loot here, rings only available as loot here, etc... As level cap raises, these weapons/armor would be the item loot tables new expansion bosses, while this new dungeons main boss gets a new loot table of weapons/armor. This means after the first time, you only have to make new weapons/armor for the max level dungeon. This cuts down on the required work devs have to do for new expansions.

5. Advanced PvP

Making PvP a viable option in this game would go a long way. Currently, its very very easy to get the best gear once you level up to max. Giving people something to do when they get that gear is a way to keep people interested. Currently, the best pvp is at low levels like level 20 because HP do not scale with level, and damage does. Especially with combos, pvp is much much to fast for anything above the 20s(and even sometimes with combos at level 20). Find a way to integrate a pvp balance(highly scaled down damage) and some sort of rewards program(like world of warcraft did with their PvP). People will participate more and your turnover will drop.

6. Item customization
    Give a way to allow people to customize their characters so that people can come up with a strategy of their own instead of sticking with the same gear setup as any other character in the game. This can be done in several ways. Dark Age of Camelot had a system where you could level your weapons up and they would get better as they are leveled. If you get attached to a cool looking item at level 30, after just a few levels you have to end up giving it up because the next wave of gear is so much better. What if you could work hard to level that gear up to your level? The stats would increase on it and maybe add additional stats with this system. Maybe you find a high level weapon, but no proc? Maybe a way to enhance that weapon to add into your play style? This type of system would definitely be accepted by the community. No one likes "cookie cutter" things and currently that's what our item state is in.. theirs very few options.

7. Achievements

Even with new dungeons and weapon leveling, its always good to add a few more things that high level characters can shoot for! I feel like opening up an achievement system would help this. The achievement system would show a pre-set amount of tasks(like completing all quests in the game, owning over 1000 platinum, owning over 1000000 gold, having over 500 stash slots, completing all dungeon levels for X campaign(each campaign has their own achievement), reaching 10000 kills, reaching 20000 kills etc... Once you reach an achievement, you get something(that would be set by STS) like a skill point or stat points. This means that with a large achievement system, all level XX players will not be equal. Hard work can grant you additional ability points and it gives maxed out players more things to do. The extra ability points mentioned here is taking my #8 suggestion into account.

8. Skill distribution

I feel like currently only allowing each skill to reach 6 is too low. It allows each class to get about 85% of their skills maxed out. That is too many. Theirs no diversity in character. Everyone has roughly the same character and its boring. If you let all skills raise to 10, it would mean each person can only potentially max out roughly 1/2 of their skills. This makes different TYPES of characters... true dps classes, true tanks, true healers, buffers, de-buffers etc..., as it is.. you can be the best at everything. Increase skill rankings up to 10 and make people think their template out.

Well if you read all that I thank you and apologize for the several typos I overlooked. Hopefully some good will come from this.
    Longshire - 50 Dex Bird
    Twinkerhell - 20 Elf

2. The Following User Says Thank You to derricks2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Wow. There's some really good ideas on here. I've never heard of the 1-way plat trade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow some nice ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

This was waaaaaaaaay to long for me to read, I stopped at the first paragraph lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

There are a lot of good points on here! Great job!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by derricks2 View Post
    7. Achievements

Even with new dungeons and weapon leveling, its always good to add a few more things that high level characters can shoot for! I feel like opening up an achievement system would help this. The achievement system would show a pre-set amount of tasks(like completing all quests in the game, owning over 1000 platinum, owning over 1000000 gold, having over 500 stash slots, completing all dungeon levels for X campaign(each campaign has their own achievement), reaching 10000 kills, reaching 20000 kills etc... Once you reach an achievement, you get something(that would be set by STS) like a skill point or stat points. This means that with a large achievement system, all level XX players will not be equal. Hard work can grant you additional ability points and it gives maxed out players more things to do. The extra ability points mentioned here is taking my #8 suggestion into account.
    This would pretty cool, idk about the plat owning (as it would change alot) but maybe a little shield (or multiple depending on how much youve accomplished) by your name would be cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    This would pretty cool, idk about the plat owning (as it would change alot) but maybe a little shield (or multiple depending on how much youve accomplished) by your name would be cool
    Well the idea is that they are all separate achievements. Obtaining each one would grant you some special reward.

Everquest 2 did something similar. They actually had a whole system dedicated though. You had achievement exp and when you completed quest ot killed boss mobs or discovered something new, you got achievement exp and when you leveled in an achievement, you got an ability point to put into a whole separate tree of abilities only able to be accessed through achievement skill points.

Obviously for STS to do this just the same would take too much time, so, I changed it so that instead of levels, their would be milestones to reach. Each are individual and separate from eachother. Once you reach a milestone you get X(whatever is fair decided by STS). So the "having X plat" achievement wouldn't be so bad since you don't have to chase that one. However, remember usingthe other suggestions in my post, plat would be sold in the market by other players, thus possible to obtain that achievement without ever spending a dime of RL cash.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Good post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

First, don't get scared. Definitely not a mandatory system, but, in a mobile game you will lose everyone if you make a mandatory payment system. First, you need to make the payment system COMPLIMENT platinum. Parallel kingdom came out with this type of system. I will use fictional numbers as examples for this. In this system you would charge $5.99 a month. You would become a "premium" member. Being a premium member would gain bonus's to existing platinum mechanics.
    Examples:
    A) Exlixers last 2x as long(including daily free exlixer)
    B) All platinum purchases are sold at 33% discount(includes exlixers, item packs, holiday packs, map packs, weapons, armor, rings, vanity items, char slots, bag slots, stash slots, etc...)
    C) Premium members are granted 10 platinum per day as long as they are a premium member.
    I think this would be great but I don't agree with the 10 plat/day idea. 10 plat/day for a month is about 300 plat, so if this were to go through the price/month would have to be like $9.99 at the least. Or just take away the 10 plat/day, OR maybe 2-4 plat a day. This post is 100% biased.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Buffedbear Pl View Post
    I think this would be great but I don't agree with the 10 plat/day idea. 10 plat/day for a month is about 300 plat, so if this were to go through the price/month would have to be like $9.99 at the least. Or just take away the 10 plat/day, OR maybe 2-4 plat a day. This post is 100% biased.
    Well the whole thing was simply a concept. I don't disagree that the plat could be lowered. Either way the idea is that people WANT to buy this because its a good deal. Again, this is just an idea to get people involved so if they use the idea, but adjust the plat or something, the tradeoff would be well worth it.
    Longshire - 50 Dex Bird
    Twinkerhell - 20 Elf

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

We have a pretty rockin subscription plan coming. PL will always be free to play, but you will get a lot of cool features for subscribing. One example is he ability to instantly go to your guild hall.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    We have a pretty rockin subscription plan coming. PL will always be free to play, but you will get a lot of cool features for subscribing. One example is he ability to instantly go to your guild hall.
    Epic! Good for getting a Thrashers and right back into your campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow , good to hear some feedback. Can you let us know if other types of things are in the works?? We can give great suggestions if we knew what directions to aim towards.

Is their anything in the works that will compliment the subscription system?? Just putting in a alternate method for customers to spend money by itself likely won't have the effect you think it might.

You have to make platinum much more usable, valuable and obtainable too. Not to mention giving players a reason to keep playing by continuing to improve overlooked muchanics that are in need of changes.

So how about it.. think you can give us some more info on upcomming changes to expect??

So are you allowed to leak any other info about what might be in the works?
    Longshire - 50 Dex Bird
    Twinkerhell - 20 Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

well, hopefully. they are sweet deal in this subscription. i wanna know more.

-Ghost
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

8. Skill distribution

I feel like currently only allowing each skill to reach 6 is too low. It allows each class to get about 85% of their skills maxed out. That is too many. Theirs no diversity in character. Everyone has roughly the same character and its boring. If you let all skills raise to 10, it would mean each person can only potentially max out roughly 1/2 of their skills. This makes different TYPES of characters... true dps classes, true tanks, true healers, buffers, de-buffers etc..., as it is.. you can be the best at everything. Increase skill rankings up to 10 and make people think their template out.
    I was just about to start a new thread about this and thought I'd just add to your's seeing as you've covered half my thoughts.

In addition to increasing the level to 7 maybe 8 (I think 10 would be too high) could we maybe consider an extra two skills for each class. There are some mild rebalancing issues which could be addressed with these extra two skills.

So that only leaves the question what two skills, per class, would we like to see.....? (thinking this might need a separate thread if it gets of topic from the OP)
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How about a 5 platinum refund every time some joker enters an event boss and thinks its to much work and leaves the group hanging? its only happened about 30 times to me so far this helloween..rather annoying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Gin View Post
    How about a 5 platinum refund every time some joker enters an event boss and thinks its to much work and leaves the group hanging? its only happened about 30 times to me so far this helloween..rather annoying
    Sigh necro.
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Gin View Post
    How about you Just logout , click continue and repeat until you remake a new game?
    "lol" - Ballins ™
    Pues
    Somemager
    Specifying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNoob View Post
    Sigh necro.
    This thread has some nice ideas though
    EAT YA VEGGIES OR ELSSSEEEE!
    Here are my toons
    Ramramlord Lvl 69, Angrylord Lvl 20, Bustalord Lvl 15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLord View Post
    This thread has some nice ideas though
    None of it is going to happen so no point in restarting a thread since devs aren't going to implement.
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued