Thread: An ALTERNATIVE to addressing the lack of full Mythical sets in circulation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default An ALTERNATIVE to addressing the lack of full Mythical sets in circulation

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I respect your opinions even though I disagree with them. Thanks for all of your well considered and well written feedback. I especially respect the restraint you’ve shown over such an apparently contentious concern.

Telling you that things will not change in the immediate future is important to me because I want to set reasonable expectations. I do have numerous content and event plans that I think will be very welcome by the community (and will probably address all of the concerns expressed in this thread), but these things won’t be going live for a while.

Clearly the argument is that if Mythics are not made available immediately the game will die. I take a different view but I will not hesitate to reverse myself if it looks like I’ve made a crucial mistake. The inverse is also true.
    (Created a new thread because I feel these ideas tailor away from those in my previous thread, suggesting increased drop rates or obtainability of the Mythical sets and I'd love to hear other's thoughts and suggestions on this)

I am happy to hear there are plenty of plans for future events to address the issues of mythical items and sets. I have no doubt that through these events, and the gradual additions of Mythics being pumped into the game, the demand for these items can slowly be met. I think we are also understanding of this decision, especially if it helps with the longevity of both this L110 cap and Pocket Legends. In fact, I think we can all agree that the game will NOT just completely die with these Mythical items not being added in the immediate future, but PvE will slowly become dry without much work towards completion of FULL Mythical sets as there are already many helmets and armors. All this being said, I do still think all my suggestions from my previous thread are fair and work in favor for both Pocket Legends and their players within.

Truthfully though, my major concern is an aspect of the game I as well as many of my guildmates and friends have come back for. PVP and CTF. Filling the void for the majority of players’ inability to obtain these sets still should be addressed even if changes specific to Mythics are not made in the near future.

Whether this is to 1) Make changes to gear like the Elite sets so they can be more competitive up against the wealthier players who manage to find and buy Mythic sets OR 2) Add perhaps a L110 Mythical Honor Set (something Dolloway brought to my attention in conversation)

By adding something like a “Mythical Honor Set”, a fresh atmosphere for those who’ve grinded their way to L110 in both PVP and CTF can be fulfilled. Yes, we do still have the L100 Honor sets and the L105 Elite Honor sets (more defense-oriented based on damage and armor), but something different like a more offensive-oriented version and “faster-paced” style can be added to differentiate itself for this L110 Mythical Honor set.

These Mythical Honor Sets would once again be used in a balanced playing field such as The Arena of Honor (for PVP) and perhaps a new “Honor of Rockwall Forts” (for CTF) with the texture from The Onyx Castle in The Legend of Ebonthrax. At least with this, players that have already capped will have more patience in acquiring the L110 Mythical sets as well as the future events you, Cinco, already have planned for us. In addition, I hope the PVP and CTF aspect of the game can return to something a little more healthy and active than its current state.
    Last edited by Crashy; 08-23-2019 at 04:34 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crashy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Should also keep in mind that most people using elite sets dont have enchantments. And pretty much all mythic set pvpers do. But the stat difference is pretty high overall.

Also want to suggest here that the Thrax dungeon elixir timer should not tick down when you are in other pve maps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AyyVeeArr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AyyVeeArr View Post
    Should also keep in mind that most people using elite sets dont have enchantments. And pretty much all mythic set pvpers do. But the stat difference is pretty high overall.

Also want to suggest here that the Thrax dungeon elixir timer should not tick down when you are in other pve maps.
    Enchantments dont make up for the extra 1k damage a piece lul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

How can you all sit back and argue about something so insignificant when the Amazon Rainforest is burning down??? We need to stop sitting around and ignoring it... this is a huge problem, stop pretending everything is okay!!