Thread: Kind of unfair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Default Kind of unfair

Right. So as many of you might know, you can run for timed leaderboards in this game.
    The top of the leaderboard is mainly dominated by a select few, which is understandable.
    But my problem lies at, why are do i see one person occupying several slots. Wether its wth the same team or not. This takes away a big chunk of the lb, unreachable to many now because they set one time, and then 10 others but 1ms later.

Note this is not a rant, neither am i salty, all im saying, this is kind of unfair for people who also want to reach timed leaderboard.
    And no, im not talking about myself, this is not about me.

Well, thats it

Cheers, Restraining

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

What are you proposing devs do? Or is this thread just a statement of fact :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

I know a lot of people will probably comment saying that the current system IS fair, but you know I do sort of agree with you.

Lb shouldn't be purely the 10 fastest *times*, even if they're all achieved by the same player/team. Each player's fastest time should in an ideal world qualify them once for whatever position that gets them to in the lb.

The problem is how do you resolve that?

One person running with several different team's IS different groups... You can't deny the other 3 team members the spot just the 4th already occupies another 5 places.

Changing the rules so that lb worked on a "unique team" basis is feasible but would bring too many complications and politics.

You could have the lb spots be player based not team based. And would end up looking like:

1. Player x
    1. Player y
    1. Player z
    1. Player w
    2. Player a
    2. Player b
    2. Player c
    2. Player d

And then if "player d" runs a faster time with "player w" plus another group, then they would move up to 1st spot.

But their ex teammates would still occupy 2nd/3rd spots so... You aren't really making any room for anyone else it's just a visual change...

Interesting to think about though!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Right. So as many of you might know, you can run for timed leaderboards in this game.
    The top of the leaderboard is mainly dominated by a select few, which is understandable.
    But my problem lies at, why are do i see one person occupying several slots. Wether its wth the same team or not. This takes away a big chunk of the lb, unreachable to many now because they set one time, and then 10 others but 1ms later.

Note this is not a rant, neither am i salty, all im saying, this is kind of unfair for people who also want to reach timed leaderboard.

Well, thats it

Cheers, Restraining
    The solution is to remove that player's name from the LB slots by being better than them........ If you are having more trouble getting through a particular map than they are, the issue may be you are just not as good........ There cannot be a ban for every individual accomplishment just because YOU aren't the winner.................

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post

Well, thats it

Cheers, Restraining

The problem is that the leaderboards do not lie. The reason why the same person is 2nd & 3rd & 5th etc with different teams, is because he/she is.

What you are proposing is a “fake” or “altered” leaderboard. What if the person 5th on the leaderboard beats the top time with a different team? He is not allowed on the leaderboard? They keep top spot but lose the 5th spot? How is that fair to the other 3 people in the 5th spot party?

Sounds complicated already. Keep it how it is and if you are ever good enough yourself, go and occupy the top 10 spots and let this issue become someone else’s headache.

Good luck

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

lol, unfair is only that new/returning players cant get 15% ms per slot (and other awakes which were availible only at THAT event)

i would like to try some lb runs but dont see reason to try since i cant get same awakes from that event, and its hard(or impossible) to find gears with high ms awakes
    Last edited by slaaayerrr; 08-16-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Theres nothing unfair about LB.Everyone that runs these maps/LB, put every bit of effort, gears, and skill into their runs to be the best. If you wanna be on LB. Make a effort. These things dont happen over night. To be quite honest i spent over 200m on my gears and for a whole season before i even got to start running, i sat there for a whole year trying to prove myself to the top players to run with them. Its never a guaranteed thing. You just gotta put your heart and soul into it if your truly want something. I was Blessed with the team that found me. I wouldnt want it any other way. Plus Devs have nerfed, fixed and made LB a lot easier for a lot of ppl to be honest. - Btw no salt, just sharing my experience and thoughts. Stay Blessed!

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Like i said, i do not care if someone is better, but my beliefs are. That that person doesnt have to take up 10 slots, there are players that might be ALMOST as good, but because there is one person on top, the others dont have a chance considering they take up all the spots, i believe there are OP players. But if its meant to be that 1 person occupies all slots, we might aswell make a 1 spot leaderboard, since thats prettu much what we have now.

And like i said, all the people hinting towards me being salty; no, just read what and how i point out the subject matter.
    Last edited by Spooked; 08-17-2019 at 05:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Food for thought...

Ever considered maybe just Private Messaging the people you do see on the leaderboards and be nice and polite and ask if they could spare some time to maybe show you how to run the maps so fast or any pointers and tips they might be able to share.

Heck, you might even get lucky and if you've got yourself some nice gears maybe they might even take you along for a run or two as well ^.^

Everyone behind the screen is just another human being so don't be shy and try your luck as you never know...

The best part... its a lot less salty than trying to change what isn't broken and avoiding communicating with your fellow man ^.^

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Food for thought...

Ever considered maybe just Private Messaging the people you do see on the leaderboards and be nice and polite and ask if they could spare some time to maybe show you how to run the maps so fast or any pointers and tips they might be able to share.

Heck, you might even get lucky and if you've got yourself some nice gears maybe they might even take you along for a run or two as well ^.^

Everyone behind the screen is just another human being so don't be shy and try your luck as you never know...

The best part... its a lot less salty than trying to change what isn't broken and avoiding communicating with your fellow man ^.^

1 <3
    Totally agree, but i was aiming more at, the general picture. Not my own interest as i do not feel the urge to be the best of the best.
    I do respect your statement as i agree.
    I don't know how to put it otherwise, all im trying to say is: not all slots should be occupied by a single soul