Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Is this Allowed?

  1. #1
    Senior Member VenomSet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    639
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    169
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

    Default Is this Allowed?

    So I am thinking about starting a new guild, this is my first time ever in 6 years of playing thinking about starting a guild.

    I was thinking about the best guild I have ever been a part of.
    That guild name was actually written gramatically wrong back then, and out of curiosity I tried to create a guild with the exact same name, but the correct grammatical form, and to my surprise it was not taken.

    What I wanted to say is, since this guild has been really popular back then, could there be any “copyright issues” on my part because I somehow copied the guild name?

    My goal is not to replace that guild because the guild has been inactive since 2016, but I just thought it would be cool seeing players running around with that guild name, and to kinda continue the guild that died back then, just with different players.

    Would there be any problems?

    Thanks in advance for answering this kind of stupid question!
    Don't quote me

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    898
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    29
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    275
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

    Default

    What's the guilds name?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Idly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    818
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    243
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

    Default

    If the names not taken or offensive its yours as far as I'm aware.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Allset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Razor's Edge
    Posts
    628
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    93
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    138
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

    Default Is this Allowed?

    Ur fine people will talk trash if it’s a really good guild. But if it there is no offensive laugh then ur good...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Forum Adept Spooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    With the cows in eastern holland
    Posts
    456
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    35
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    151
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

    Default

    Wonder sparks my mind, whats the name?

  6. #6
    Senior Member BaronB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Cloud420,England
    Posts
    805
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    397
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    485
    Thanked in
    227 Posts

    Default

    I laughed at this post probably a lot more than I should have as only one name comes to mind XD

    LOL

    XD

    1 <3

  7. #7
    Banned illumminati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    112
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    I laughed at this post probably a lot more than I should have as only one name comes to mind XD

    LOL

    XD

    1 <3
    I really dunno what guild he is talking about. Can anyone please tell? Very curious

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    64
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Lethal sharks / Letal Sharks


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Senior Member VenomSet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    639
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    169
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riskings View Post
    Lethal sharks / Letal Sharks


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Since I said the guild went inactive in 2016, it cant be Letal Sharks they are Nr 1 on lb mate
    Don't quote me

  10. #10
    Banned illumminati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    112
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VenomSet View Post
    Since I said the guild went inactive in 2016, it cant be Letal Sharks they are Nr 1 on lb mate
    Give us a clue. Is it mainly a PvE or PvP guild?

  11. #11
    Senior Member VenomSet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    639
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    149
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    169
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illumminati View Post
    Give us a clue. Is it mainly a PvE or PvP guild?
    It was both
    Haha right now I am the only person in guild
    Ill create a guild thread in the near future (:
    Don't quote me

  12. #12
    Banned illumminati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    112
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VenomSet View Post
    It was both
    Haha right now I am the only person in guild
    Ill create a guild thread in the near future (:
    Looking forward to it.

    The only guild i remember from back in the day with terrible grammar was “the god army”

    Big up to my old Gm Akagamipvp whose tanking was as bad as his grammar. Miss him loads and all my fellow God Army members. Its never been the same since

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    64
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illumminati View Post
    Looking forward to it.

    The only guild i remember from back in the day with terrible grammar was “the god army”

    Big up to my old Gm Akagamipvp whose tanking was as bad as his grammar. Miss him loads and all my fellow God Army members. Its never been the same since
    Oh dang rip TGA and | Rage |


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    218
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illumminati View Post
    Looking forward to it.

    The only guild i remember from back in the day with terrible grammar was “the god army”

    Big up to my old Gm Akagamipvp whose tanking was as bad as his grammar. Miss him loads and all my fellow God Army members. Its never been the same since
    Owh tga has died on 43 cap with some infamous players being involved in drama:/ sad, I miss old days.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Agirlnamedbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    680
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    56
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riskings View Post
    Oh dang rip TGA and | Rage |


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm still in I Rage I and he's not the only member there and TGA is still having members tho it's not active so I don't think it's those 2.

  16. #16
    Banned illumminati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    112
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agirlnamedbob View Post
    I'm still in I Rage I and he's not the only member there and TGA is still having members tho it's not active so I don't think it's those 2.
    Oh wow my baby rage is still alive. Still remember when i created that guild for hulk and had so much fun at lower levels many many years ago. Shame PvP died and many of the original members levelled and went to TGA.

    TGA should never have gone to higher levels. Should have stayed at 10 but everything moves on I guess

    Thinking about those days makes me think how good it was back then and how badly awakes and armor pets killed low levels. There was well over 500 active PvP players and we have not hit those figures and probably will never do again

    As its not relevant to the OP i wont reminisce anymore

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to illumminati For This Useful Post:


  18. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    64
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illumminati View Post
    Oh wow my baby rage is still alive. Still remember when i created that guild for hulk and had so much fun at lower levels many many years ago. Shame PvP died and many of the original members levelled and went to TGA.

    TGA should never have gone to higher levels. Should have stayed at 10 but everything moves on I guess

    Thinking about those days makes me think how good it was back then and how badly awakes and armor pets killed low levels. There was well over 500 active PvP players and we have not hit those figures and probably will never do again

    As its not relevant to the OP i wont reminisce anymore
    I miss the good old days in rage too, pvp was so fun. I’d literally stay up all night and play pvp.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #18
    Senior Member Allset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Razor's Edge
    Posts
    628
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    93
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    138
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riskings View Post
    Lethal sharks / Letal Sharks
    That's what I was thinking as well.

  20. #19
    Senior Member Agirlnamedbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    680
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    56
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illumminati View Post
    Oh wow my baby rage is still alive. Still remember when i created that guild for hulk and had so much fun at lower levels many many years ago. Shame PvP died and many of the original members levelled and went to TGA.

    TGA should never have gone to higher levels. Should have stayed at 10 but everything moves on I guess

    Thinking about those days makes me think how good it was back then and how badly awakes and armor pets killed low levels. There was well over 500 active PvP players and we have not hit those figures and probably will never do again

    As its not relevant to the OP i wont reminisce anymore
    Out of curiosity, what was ur name in I Rage I ? I remember playing with hulk and vrag, we became very good friends. Made it to officer and runned the guild with them

    It's a shame those days are over but I look back at it with pride and remember a very good time with very good friends

  21. #20
    Banned illumminati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    112
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

    Default

    It was a long time ago. The 2 twinks i used were rogue IGN Naughtiest and Warrior IGN Criers. Im sure it was one of them 2 toons but it was so long ago and my memory is not as good as it used to be

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is It Allowed???
    By Astrology in forum SL General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-15-2013, 06:34 AM
  2. Is this allowed?
    By joshtheboss in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-19-2013, 11:11 PM
  3. not allowed?
    By Jhawkeye in forum AL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2013, 10:26 AM
  4. Is this allowed ?
    By Sharaobic in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 12:13 PM
  5. Is this allowed to say??
    By KaotiicxDream in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 01:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •