Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Addressing the lack of full Mythical sets in circulation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Addressing the lack of full Mythical sets in circulation

First of all, I just wanted to say that I'm loving the new cap and I'm glad it has brought many, including myself, back onto a game we've cherished throughout its journey.

Everyone seems very pleased and happy with the current xp event going on this week which is easily accessible to all players in Pocket Legends. It has given an opportunity for many returning players as well as newer players to cap and really get back into things within Pocket Legends.

With the many newly capped players as well as toons over this xp event, however, I hope that the current lack of ways in actually acquiring the complete L110 Mythical sets can be addressed sooner rather than later. From the looks of it, there seems to be a major concern on the fact that players are only able to obtain the Mythical helm and armour drops from the boss while the majority of the set being the weapons (both 1h and 2h), shields, rings, and amulets are locked behind Gold Dragon Treasure chests. It's just hard right now to see all these newly capped characters, coupled with the current lacking Mythical sets in circulation to actually have ~15% of these players obtaining the full Mythical sets even after provided time. Countless Gold Dragon Treasure chests have been opened yet the RANDOM Mythicals have been dropping at a supply which doesn't nearly satisfy the demand for them.

I understand that many have already thrown around possible ways for this to be changed and I definitely think SOMETHING has to be done about the obtainability of these Mythical sets. Any of the following could help with this and allow for more Mythical sets to be obtained by players in Pocket Legends:

A) Allow Ebonthrax from the Premium dungeon (through the 30 plat Hyper-Thrax Ticket kits) have a chance at dropping EVERY Mythical item

B) Increase the drop rates significantly for Mythical items through the Golden Dragon Treasure chests. -- I've seen and know of multiple situations where 1k plat have been ripped through only to have ONE random Mythical item dropping from these chests.

C) Decrease the platinum price for opening up the Golden Dragon Treasure chests to say 1 or 2 plat, while making the Silver Dragon Treasure chests free to open

D) Add a Mythical Vendor so that those willing to spend platinum can actually be guaranteed Mythical items and acquire the pieces of their choice

E) Make it so that maybe only 1 (amulet) or a MAXIMUM of 2 items (say the ring and amulet) locked behind Golden Dragon Treasure chests while having the rest drop from Ebonthrax

ANY one of these possible solutions will allow for more players to have a chance at experiencing and trying out these beautiful sets you've added either in PVP, CTF, or PVE. Heck players could actually have a reasonable shot at obtaining them if they just wanted to strut around town with their complete L110 Mythical sets haha.

Quite a bit has been done in addressing multiple areas post the update/new cap and I am hopeful Cinco can take anything along this line into consideration next!

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Crashy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

I like your thought process behind your concern for the lack of Mythic gear on game and how it affects your game play considering you are a pvper. You have listed many possible suggestions that STS can implement into the game.

A) Allow Ebonthrax from the Premium dungeon (through the 30 plat Hyper-Thrax Ticket kits) have a chance at dropping EVERY Mythical item

• As much as I love this idea, my only concern is the amount of money and platinum that players have currently spent on game to loot the mythic weapon, shield, ring and amulet. What about those players who have spent money to support the game to get their mythic sets?

B) Increase the drop rates significantly for Mythical items through the Golden Dragon Treasure chests. -- I've seen and know of multiple situations where 1k plat have been ripped through only to have ONE random Mythical item dropping from these chests.

• I totally agree with this statement, players need more incentive to have the desire to continue to spend platinum on opening Gold Dragon Chests. Please increase the percentage (%) drop rate in Mythic items.

C) Decrease the platinum price for opening up the Golden Dragon Treasure chests to say 1 or 2 plat, while making the Silver Dragon Treasure chests free to open

• This is a fair request, however 5 platinum is already a cheap price.

D) Add a Mythical Vendor so that those willing to spend platinum can actually be guaranteed Mythical items and acquire the pieces of their choice

• This is the best option, having a permanent vendor on game that sells Mythic gear for platinum.

E) Make it so that maybe only 1 (amulet) or a MAXIMUM of 2 items (say the ring and amulet) locked behind Golden Dragon Treasure chests while having the rest drop from Ebonthrax

• Again this idea is good, however. I do think about the fairness of those players who have already spend thousands of platinum on game to complete their mythic sets.
    Last edited by Fwend; 08-19-2019 at 09:55 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Beautifully said crash
    I believe that there is about 650+ give or take capped characters currently in pl with about maybe 20-30 sets im guessing but i just dont see how we will ever have enough sets for everyone going around

I feel as these ideas can help the community as a whole if we can have every item dropped from the plat map then farmers are able to farm every piece and us pvpers can maybe enjoy pvp a little faster but in the end we would be all farming together as of right now only having helms and armors drop after hours of farming just to me doesnt feel rewarding specially after me personally opening about 300 gold chests and only got one mythic out of it but im not here to complain about my bad luck haha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xstompx For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Crash,

This is awesome, thanks for taking the time to thoughtfully articulate some effective solutions to the issue at hand.

I certainly hope Cinco will consider at least one of these options, if not more. I believe the two best solutions include increasing percentage of drops in gold chests and the implementation of a Mythical Vendor.

Excited to see where this cap will go and can't wait for everyone to enjoy it even more than they already do

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,167 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. Considering the changes that have been applied to the expansion in the last couple of weeks I think we're in a very good spot right now. While I do have plans to address the proliferation of Level 110 items those plans are not for the immediate future.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Considering the changes that have been applied to the expansion in the last couple of weeks I think we're in a very good spot right now. While I do have plans to address the proliferation of Level 110 items those plans are not for the immediate future.
    Would you mind elaborating when you say we're in a good spot now?

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,167 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Would you mind elaborating when you say we're in a good spot now?
    Yes. By saying we are in a good spot I mean to contradict players who insist that we are in some sort of 'mythical loot' crisis. I am looking at the game's performance since the cap and am considering the number of active players, number of players advancing toward the cap, number of chests opened, and the number of items at Legendary, Elite and Mythical rarity that have dropped (though may not be in circulation yet). My goal is a cap that takes a while to achieve and is populated with desirable loot that takes a substantial period to collect. For these goals we are in a good spot. Hope that helps!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Yes. By saying we are in a good spot I mean to contradict players who insist that we are in some sort of 'mythical loot' crisis. I am looking at the game's performance since the cap and am considering the number of active players, number of players advancing toward the cap, number of chests opened, and the number of items at Legendary, Elite and Mythical rarity that have dropped (though may not be in circulation yet). My goal is a cap that takes a while to achieve and is populated with desirable loot that takes a substantial period to collect. For these goals we are in a good spot. Hope that helps!
    Thanks for the reply Cinco! I understand the Mythical pieces are meant to be kept almost "exclusive" and this is intentional. However, I just can't fully wrap my head around how it makes sense for about 80 percent of capped player to never actually be able to experience endgame pvp/ctf with the L110 Mythical sets. They'll spend all this time just trying to afford, THEN look for these complete Mythical sets which are in such shortage and most likely will never be enough for 15%-20% of these capped characters in Pocket Legends to have at a time as pointed out.

Perhaps everyone (or the rest of the 80-85%) could use Elite sets until this is addressed later down the road, but as of right now these Elite sets do not even stand a chance when going head on with the Mythical sets. The fact that there is absolutely no competition with the mythical sets and other gear at L110 as with previous caps, just isn't really "healthy" for this aspect of the game imo. (I'm thinking back to the L56 cap where say uncommons, rares, or epics for those who couldn't afford or find a completely crafted legendary set, could actually compete and still enjoy pvp/ctf with)

I'm really glad this will be addressed later in the future, but I still feel like something (no matter how small each individual suggestion I've proposed could be made into) should be taken. Whether this may be a small increase to drop rates from the Gold Dragon Treasure chests, or a very small chance at dropping these few other Mythical pieces from Ebonthrax, there should be something players can still more realitically work towards.

All this being said, I still respect your thought process and goals you have towards building up this L110 cap, but I'm really just here to put out what I honestly feel could be slightly tweaked on for BOTH Pocket Legends and its players within to benefit from.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Crashy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

We are not in a 'good spot'. How do you expect normal players to acquire a Mythic set if they cannot afford it? Even if we received a gold event or something and could afford it, there wouldn't be enough pieces to go around. There are only a few sets in game and those that have them are the ultra-wealthy. This means that the wealthy are lording over PvP with Mythic sets, which Elite sets cannot beat in any shape or form.

I have a Mythic Bow set and am still complaining because I want my fellow guildmates and players to be actually able to play and compete with me rather than me lacksadasically dropping them like flies in PvP with no effort at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes but people our spending their own money to open these if i spend my money on the game i expect it to be worth my money so far no but other than that fun cap

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

In a good spot = dead pvp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I’ve already gotten 3/6 my sword set which has costed me about 125m so far and I’m willing to pay another 125-150m to finish my set. I’m not the wealthiest player but I’m well off at this point in my pl days. Plenty have more than me but far many have much less. I’m only wasting my gold to finish set as soon as I can because I want to pvp but others can’t afford to do that and they desire to pvp as much as I do. Even if sets drop to 100m a set I won’t care that I spent 200-300m on mine because I just want to pvp it’s my favorite part of this game. I wouldn’t be as bothered if I could twink but we can’t, it’s dead. Stat weps and enchants killed twink pvp so it’s not an option and honor just isn’t the same. Hopefully more ppl will finish sets soon so I can enjoy pvp again.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Duckypowerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Waited 5 months for a new cap, now im waiting 2-4 months for sets to be affordable, really 'good spot'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default Addressing the lack of full Mythical sets in circulation

100% agree with Crash’s solutions..
    Everyone can agree PL lost the majority of its players when Cinco decided to stop updating Pocket Legends. 76 cap was by far the longest cap. With the 110 expansion, how can players “return” and expect to get ahold of these OVERPRICED items/sets. Increased drop rate will reduce the cost of the items as well as increase the circulation of the items throughout the market .. thus, making it affordable for the small community to attain. Pocket Legends is feeling more and more P2W . This is ONLY making the community much more smaller than it already is.... Stop being stubborn and resolve the issue..

-Shaftin .... Pm me when the issue’s solved so i can wreck in PvP again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Relied; 08-22-2019 at 05:07 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Relied For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

How much is mythical set? 300m for a full set???

Omg... I don't even have 10m of gold

Guys, it's time for pvp players to take a break again for 3-5 months

Waiting until this mythical items are affordable.

Cinco, you should've make mythical easier to farm and vanities harder to drop

By doing this both pvp and pve in this cap will last longer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think it is good that mythics are hard to obtain. But the bad thing is that most pieces are locked in platinum crates. In the beginning when thrax was launched, alot of people opened them because the elites were so high in price aswell. So it was really worth it if you wanted to make gold. But now the only reason why you would open them is if you are hunting for mythic items. Which have a low chance of dropping. So I assume that most people feel that crates are not that profitable anymore, because 90% of the items you can get from the crates are not even worth anything anymore. Its just a gamble to open crates now, either you get a mythic or you lose all.

Something has to change imo. Either crates have to be more worth to open or there has the be another way to obtain the other pieces.
    Few things id suggest is:
    - Adding unique vanities to crates.
    - Adding materials that can be used in crafting the better version of lilthrax or other pets.
    - 2 More bosses that each drop 2 of the other 4 pieces needed for the mythic set. Or 1 more boss that drops 3 pieces and make ebonthrax drop 3 also. One of the bosses would spawn in thrax dungeon, random spawn.

Also I dont think locking those pieces of mythics into plat crates makes any sense when you think about the logic of the game. PvE should be there to farm valuable items. Not farming boxes that you then sell to a dude standing in towne. Smashing his bank account and eventually getting the items that you desire, but can’t farm as a f2p player. Might aswell put these mythics in the plat store for a ridicilous platinum price and people will still buy it. Which then would turn the game from lets say 4/6 pay to win to 6/6 pay to win. And of course this is my opinion and I would be against too many pay to win aspects, but there are also players who are ok with pay to win. I just wish there was a better option other than making f2p and players who dont want to spend as much wait so long for L110 pvp.
    And after a month we have an average of id say 4-6 non armor/helm mythics on the cs. Currently 4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I'm just concerned we're going to lose something really special here over this silly idea that there are ample quantities of Mythics in circulation.

Typically at this point in the cap, I see dozens of players active and online. That's just not the reality at the moment. Instead, when players read something like "I don't plan to make any changes in the immediate future" the players put down their devices, wait until any concrete changes are made, and this often results in losing some really great players that make this community special along the way.

I'm annoyed that the only thing I can ever do in game is run hyper thrax runs. I haven't dropped 1 mythical from Ebonthrax, nor have I dropped 1 mythical from Gold Treasures. PL is boring right now, I was so excited to PvP with my friends but I can't compete with the few wealthy who already own mythical sets.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Relied View Post
    100% agree with Crash’s solutions..
    Everyone can agree PL lost the majority of its players when Cinco decided to stop updating Pocket Legends. 76 cap was by far the longest cap. With the 110 expansion, how can players “return” and expect to get ahold of these OVERPRICED items/sets. Increased drop rate will reduce the cost of the items as well as increase the circulation of the items throughout the market .. thus, making it affordable for the small community to attain. Pocket Legends is feeling more and more P2W . This is ONLY making the community much more smaller than it already is.... Stop being stubborn and resolve the issue..

-Shaftin .... Pm me when the issue’s solved so i can wreck in PvP again

Feels very pay to win especially since we need plat to complete the sets which is y im done buying plat will not support this kind of behavior

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

28.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,167 Posts

I respect your opinions even though I disagree with them. Thanks for all of your well considered and well written feedback. I especially respect the restraint you’ve shown over such an apparently contentious concern.

Telling you that things will not change in the immediate future is important to me because I want to set reasonable expectations. I do have numerous content and event plans that I think will be very welcome by the community (and will probably address all of the concerns expressed in this thread), but these things won’t be going live for a while.

Clearly the argument is that if Mythics are not made available immediately the game will die. I take a different view but I will not hesitate to reverse myself if it looks like I’ve made a crucial mistake. The inverse is also true.

| | | |

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I appreciate the communication and transparency, regardless. Looking forward to future changes. Thanks, Cinco