Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 new gold sinks... praise the economy! Praise the rich!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Smile 5 new gold sinks... praise the economy! Praise the rich!

Strange things come to ones mind when running Hauntlet for hours to get them PvE kills.

Well, I dare to say, 5 of the thoughts entering the system of my mind.. actually are pretty nice!
    Of course, in my opinion, now, your opinions are needed!

We all know the increasing and everlasting gold flow into the arcane legends market ensures some.. op prices?

Fret not, gold sinks are what we need, gold sinks are what we get!

5 gold sinks that came to my mind that sound good on paper and may also sound good once programmed and implemented into the game:

1) SirSpendsalot, the question whether you like him or not, does not affect the fact that he’s an awesome gold sink in the game. He’s desperately asking for a new vanity, 25m is not enough when the most expensive vanities cost 1 billion gold, ladies and gentleman!
    A new 50m and/or 99m vanity is needed! (Maybe a golden Version of Red Arlor Sets?)

2) Awakening Slot Removal Elixir: I don’t know about that one, I think it may be a good gold sink.

How I think it should work:

These elixirs can be bought from the Store directly for either 1m Gold or 150 Platinum (150 Platinum somehow equals 1m, but is a bit more expensive than 1m, however this is intended because we would prefer the players to use the purchase variant which uses ingame gold, however number 2, I also would not remove the option to purchase it for plat because STS also needs their income :P)
    Still the majority would use their gold to buy these lixes.

I think these elixirs should work as follows:
    Purchase the elixir for gold, dear friend, after this, select your item which has already good awakenings but oh dear, you have 3% dex, 2% all stats, +10 all stats on your Ebon Dagger but OHH NOO, what a pity, that one slot which contains 1% Mana Ignore Chance does not give you the permission to call it the MOST OP WEAPON!
    Again, fret not, dear friend, the 1% Mana Ignore Chance will go a different way from now on, IF you use your elixir on it.
    Once used, the elixir gives you the opportunity to select 1 (ONE) slot of your item (in our case it would be the 1% Mana Ignore Chance), and ONLY this slot will be reawakened, other slots remain untouched and stay as they are. Got lucky? Great! OP Weapon is finally yours. Not so lucky because you got 2% Mana Ignore Chance? Fret not, burn another million on that lix and see what you get next time! Maybe its that 3% dex you desperately need, or that 10% Movement speed to finally reach 300% ms.

So you may think, will players actually spend 1m on these lixes? Well, probably not our friendly neighbors in Travelers Outpost begging for gold. But I do think PvP players, timed runs runners, and “gotta flex em stats bro” players will purchase them indeed.

Note: I would exclude gold loot awakened items from this process. we dont want to see players running with 1200 GL! Meaning you cannot use this lix if there is one or more gold loot awakening on an item.

Now lets come to the opposite! Awakening Slot Locking Elixir:

How I think it should work: This elixir does not remove ONE slot like the other elixir, the opposite will happen, you can lock 1 (ONE) slot and the other slots will be reawakened.
    Got that +10%xp awakening right before expansion but the other 2 or 3 awakenings are pure crap ?
    Fret not, this is the elixir you want to buy! I dont know if it should be as expensive as the other elixir because I think the other elixir is a bit more powerful, but lets just assume it will also cost 1m or 150 plat.
    So, lock that 10% xp slot and then reawaken all the other slots. Got what you want? Gratz. Got crap again? Please try again.

3) Brackenridge [Super Elite ] Jarl Elixir for 300k Gold

Name:  B06AA315-5FC0-492C-9304-344DF27427F2.jpeg
Views: 798
Size:  474.2 KB
    Name:  8AF440F7-4660-429F-85E3-B0FFA29213A9.jpeg
Views: 745
Size:  158.5 KB

Haha, I know! How can one come up with such a stupid idea!
    Well please, let me explain first and then judge.

Nostalgia is a *****
    It can make us sad.
    Remember that feeling, running Brackenridge with your buddies, fireworks - [You received Locked Grand Crate of the Watch]
    Ahhhhhhh, what a feeling!
    Well it doesn’t have to end here, friend, instead, buy that lix for 300k Gold ( lasting for 30 minutes I would say, too expensive you think? Fret not, dear friend, only one member in a party needs that elixir, just like Egg Zavier Elixir! This encourages Party-Play!) and loot them crates!

Notes: This elixir only works in Brackenridge [Super Elite] (why super elite, well because normal Brackenridge is too easy, Elite Brackenridge is too easy so we gotta make that map HARDER again so those 4000ms runners wont have that big of an advantage! Its called Super Elite)

Once this elixir is purchased by one person, all 4 partymembers benefit from it.

Once this elixir is purchased, Super Elite Mode Brackenridge Jarl has a chance to drop Locked Grand Crates of the Watch ( these are dropping valuable items like Singe, Samael, Maridos, Maul of Ollerus, Kershal) and he will also drop Elite Golden Pirate Chests II (gotta include em Blackbeard Hooks aswell, as I have seen they do not drop from Locked Watch)

Nostalgia Im coming!

4) Let each public message in town cost 5k each. (This does not affect private messages, guild messages, PVP messages or in guild hall messages)
    A sweet side effect:

18:02 Sell) Arcane Ring
    18:03 Sell) Arcane Ring
    18:04 Sell) Arcane Ring

Won’t happen anymore unless the other person wants to free our economy from gold overflowing

Spamming will be pretty gold draining for that person!

Its a small, yet existing gold sink! Each gold sink is better than none.

5) New cool or funny Character Faces and Hairstyles and Haircolours for 100k each.

Well peeps, thats it for now, might add more later!

Whats your opinion on these gold sinks! I think they are amazing, well maybe not all of em? But im sure you will find at least one you will like!

Opinions and feedback welcomed, even from the devs! :P
    Last edited by VenomSet; 08-21-2019 at 07:14 AM.
    Don't quote me

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VenomSet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The only thing i disagree with is numba 4 i had no problem with spam shouts in town and even then that just invites people not to shout in town which could cause alot of problems especially with new players with low gold lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Brackenridge! golden times !

Enviado de meu moto g(6) play usando o Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nate2049 View Post
    The only thing i disagree with is numba 4 i had no problem with spam shouts in town and even then that just invites people not to shout in town which could cause alot of problems especially with new players with low gold lol.
    1. Will only effect the extremely rich but i dont see why not

2. Bad idea. People will end up with better awakes and list items for a higher price. Defeats purpose of this thread

3. Same as idea 2

4. For this idea to work the profit gained from the elixir must yield more profit for the players than the elixir is worth or no one will bother with it.

But as long as the elixirs purchased with gold and not plat then its a good idea as a gold sink and a good way to distribute wealth more evenly.

5. Decent idea but 100k really is chump change when it comes to sinking gold

Overall decent ideas but for me this is just my opinion, why do we need a gold sink? If i pay plat and buy gold using plat and farm 24/7, why does the game need new ways to take it away from me?

Just because someone who does not want to farm or does not have the plat thinks i have too much gold?

Farm harder and spend some plat and you can have it all too. If anything there needs to be new ways for new players and lower level players to catch up and make more gold instead of finding ways to take gold away from the core rich player base who spends plat and farms hard to keep the game alive.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to illumminati For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illumminati View Post
    1. Will only effect the extremely rich but i dont see why not

2. Bad idea. People will end up with better awakes and list items for a higher price. Defeats purpose of this thread

3. Same as idea 2

4. For this idea to work the profit gained from the elixir must yield more profit for the players than the elixir is worth or no one will bother with it.

But as long as the elixirs purchased with gold and not plat then its a good idea as a gold sink and a good way to distribute wealth more evenly.

5. Decent idea but 100k really is chump change when it comes to sinking gold

Overall decent ideas but for me this is just my opinion, why do we need a gold sink? If i pay plat and buy gold using plat and farm 24/7, why does the game need new ways to take it away from me?

Just because someone who does not want to farm or does not have the plat thinks i have too much gold?

Farm harder and spend some plat and you can have it all too. If anything there needs to be new ways for new players and lower level players to catch up and make more gold instead of finding ways to take gold away from the core rich player base who spends plat and farms hard to keep the game alive.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Thanks
    Hi thanks for the feedback

Regarding Number 2 & 3 I do get your point
    You are right there will be items with better awakes (excluding gold loot as written in the thread) however we can both agree that this is extreme Endgame Content for players who want the absolute max for their stats, which is really not needed to compete I think. Also dont forget a single re roll costs 1mil gold, yeah not much nowadays, but do it 30 times it will become much.

Again, thanks for the feedback
    Don't quote me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenomSet View Post
    Hi thanks for the feedback

Regarding Number 2 & 3 I do get your point
    You are right there will be items with better awakes (excluding gold loot as written in the thread) however we can both agree that this is extreme Endgame Content for players who want the absolute max for their stats, which is really not needed to compete I think. Also dont forget a single re roll costs 1mil gold, yeah not much nowadays, but do it 30 times it will become much.

Again, thanks for the feedback
    Your welcome. I really do feel as a community we need to find ways to help the newer players and need more content and farming spots for them.

Us oldies will be here regardless cos we love the game.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

+1 game is overloaded with gold sts should do something about it -> gold sink or gold cap increase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I would love to talk to my friends in peace in town ty
    Dont wana spend millions just to have a good time

ign Battling /irg /answer
    Custom banner 4m pm me ⌥[▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▍ ]⚠

Answer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irg View Post
    I would love to talk to my friends in peace in town ty
    Dont wana spend millions just to have a good time
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Don't quote me

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeridor View Post
    +1 game is overloaded with gold sts should do something about it -> gold sink or gold cap increase
    Increasing gold cap would only destroy game even more and highly discourage new players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeridor View Post
    Gold cap or sink wont change much. People who run ESG or MAUS for gold are not interested in awakenings or vanities. They will just run these maps with the gear they already have.

You could reduce the gold drops in these maps a lot but then the rich will stay rich and it will make it harder for newer players at endgame to catch up. Will increase the gap between the rich and poor more

We need more ways to distribute the wealth already in game E.g lock farming and rune farming.

Lock farming died since they were taken out of tombs and rune farming is pointless as its cheaper to just get an infested artefact. Maybe making the 100 stat artefact upgradable to higher tier and making new
    Locks farmable for low levels can help but i do not see STS making these changes sadly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Totaly agree with # 5 ( I suggested it in another thread). Converting Magic Mirror to gold instead of Story tokens and adding more color variations to even just the exsisting styles would be desirable. It would still be a good sink at a low fee. I’m sure others like myself, would change their looks as often as they change vanties. Daily! Fresh makeup and hairdos for all!
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

In the end, you are just bringing up ways for the rich to spend their gold. I hope you know not everyone in this game is rich. I hope you thought about how this will affect those who don't have much and are trying to make money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdawnage View Post
    In the end, you are just bringing up ways for the rich to spend their gold. I hope you know not everyone in this game is rich. I hope you thought about how this will affect those who don't have much and are trying to make money
    Uh the purpose of this is to gold sink. Which in it's essence is solely to benefit the not as wealthy players. As someone who is somewhat rich why do I care about decreasing the total amount of gold in the game when I can already make enough gold to keep up with the current prices. Decreasing the Total amount of gold makes it easier for newer players so the gold they earn at the start of the game can buy them more then before.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Strange things come to ones mind when running Hauntlet for hours to get them PvE kills.

Well, I dare to say, 5 of the thoughts entering the system of my mind.. actually are pretty nice!
    Of course, in my opinion, now, your opinions are needed!

We all know the increasing and everlasting gold flow into the arcane legends market ensures some.. op prices?

Fret not, gold sinks are what we need, gold sinks are what we get!

5 gold sinks that came to my mind that sound good on paper and may also sound good once programmed and implemented into the game:

1) SirSpendsalot, the question whether you like him or not, does not affect the fact that he’s an awesome gold sink in the game. He’s desperately asking for a new vanity, 25m is not enough when the most expensive vanities cost 1 billion gold, ladies and gentleman!
    A new 50m and/or 99m vanity is needed! (Maybe a golden Version of Red Arlor Sets?)

2) Awakening Slot Removal Elixir: I don’t know about that one, I think it may be a good gold sink.

How I think it should work:

These elixirs can be bought from the Store directly for either 1m Gold or 150 Platinum (150 Platinum somehow equals 1m, but is a bit more expensive than 1m, however this is intended because we would prefer the players to use the purchase variant which uses ingame gold, however number 2, I also would not remove the option to purchase it for plat because STS also needs their income :P)
    Still the majority would use their gold to buy these lixes.

I think these elixirs should work as follows:
    Purchase the elixir for gold, dear friend, after this, select your item which has already good awakenings but oh dear, you have 3% dex, 2% all stats, +10 all stats on your Ebon Dagger but OHH NOO, what a pity, that one slot which contains 1% Mana Ignore Chance does not give you the permission to call it the MOST OP WEAPON!
    Again, fret not, dear friend, the 1% Mana Ignore Chance will go a different way from now on, IF you use your elixir on it.
    Once used, the elixir gives you the opportunity to select 1 (ONE) slot of your item (in our case it would be the 1% Mana Ignore Chance), and ONLY this slot will be reawakened, other slots remain untouched and stay as they are. Got lucky? Great! OP Weapon is finally yours. Not so lucky because you got 2% Mana Ignore Chance? Fret not, burn another million on that lix and see what you get next time! Maybe its that 3% dex you desperately need, or that 10% Movement speed to finally reach 300% ms.

So you may think, will players actually spend 1m on these lixes? Well, probably not our friendly neighbors in Travelers Outpost begging for gold. But I do think PvP players, timed runs runners, and “gotta flex em stats bro” players will purchase them indeed.

Note: I would exclude gold loot awakened items from this process. we dont want to see players running with 1200 GL! Meaning you cannot use this lix if there is one or more gold loot awakening on an item.

Now lets come to the opposite! Awakening Slot Locking Elixir:

How I think it should work: This elixir does not remove ONE slot like the other elixir, the opposite will happen, you can lock 1 (ONE) slot and the other slots will be reawakened.
    Got that +10%xp awakening right before expansion but the other 2 or 3 awakenings are pure crap ?
    Fret not, this is the elixir you want to buy! I dont know if it should be as expensive as the other elixir because I think the other elixir is a bit more powerful, but lets just assume it will also cost 1m or 150 plat.
    So, lock that 10% xp slot and then reawaken all the other slots. Got what you want? Gratz. Got crap again? Please try again.

3) Brackenridge [Super Elite ] Jarl Elixir for 300k Gold

Name:  B06AA315-5FC0-492C-9304-344DF27427F2.jpeg
Views: 798
Size:  474.2 KB
    Name:  8AF440F7-4660-429F-85E3-B0FFA29213A9.jpeg
Views: 745
Size:  158.5 KB

Haha, I know! How can one come up with such a stupid idea!
    Well please, let me explain first and then judge.

Nostalgia is a *****
    It can make us sad.
    Remember that feeling, running Brackenridge with your buddies, fireworks - [You received Locked Grand Crate of the Watch]
    Ahhhhhhh, what a feeling!
    Well it doesn’t have to end here, friend, instead, buy that lix for 300k Gold ( lasting for 30 minutes I would say, too expensive you think? Fret not, dear friend, only one member in a party needs that elixir, just like Egg Zavier Elixir! This encourages Party-Play!) and loot them crates!

Notes: This elixir only works in Brackenridge [Super Elite] (why super elite, well because normal Brackenridge is too easy, Elite Brackenridge is too easy so we gotta make that map HARDER again so those 4000ms runners wont have that big of an advantage! Its called Super Elite)

Once this elixir is purchased by one person, all 4 partymembers benefit from it.

Once this elixir is purchased, Super Elite Mode Brackenridge Jarl has a chance to drop Locked Grand Crates of the Watch ( these are dropping valuable items like Singe, Samael, Maridos, Maul of Ollerus, Kershal) and he will also drop Elite Golden Pirate Chests II (gotta include em Blackbeard Hooks aswell, as I have seen they do not drop from Locked Watch)

Nostalgia Im coming!

4) Let each public message in town cost 5k each. (This does not affect private messages, guild messages, PVP messages or in guild hall messages)
    A sweet side effect:

18:03 Sell) Arcane Ring
    18:04 Sell) Arcane Ring

Won’t happen anymore unless the other person wants to free our economy from gold overflowing

Spamming will be pretty gold draining for that person!

Its a small, yet existing gold sink! Each gold sink is better than none.

5) New cool or funny Character Faces and Hairstyles and Haircolours for 100k each.

Well peeps, thats it for now, might add more later!

Whats your opinion on these gold sinks! I think they are amazing, well maybe not all of em? But im sure you will find at least one you will like!

Opinions and feedback welcomed, even from the devs! :P
    2 and 3
    Make the items used with these elixirs locked to the player (untradable). So as to make it a gamble getting the best awakes, but not able to sell it.

Sent from my CPH1853 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spctmstds View Post
    2 and 3
    Make the items used with these elixirs locked to the player (untradable). So as to make it a gamble getting the best awakes, but not able to sell it.

Yes, making it account-bound is a good idea.

Edit: I will edit my original Post and give you credit there no worries
    Edit 2: I will not edit my post sorry xD I just thought about it, and if the item becomes untradeable I doubt many people will use the feature.
    At next level cap they will want to sell these items, even if its with a bad awaken only, ebon daggers for example are still worth a lot, and if they suddenly becomr untradeable barely anyone would awaken with the new elixirs they will lose gold if the item is character or account bound and they will not be able to sell it

Still thanks for your idea
    Last edited by VenomSet; 08-21-2019 at 07:18 AM.
    Don't quote me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Edit 2: I will not edit my post sorry xD I just thought about it, and if the item becomes untradeable I doubt many people will use the feature.
    At next level cap they will want to sell these items, even if its with a bad awaken only, ebon daggers for example are still worth a lot, and if they suddenly becomr untradeable barely anyone would awaken with the new elixirs they will lose gold if the item is character or account bound and they will not be able to sell it

Noooo not account bound. Definitely wont be worth it.

On a side note all vendors definitely need to be upgraded with better pets and higher level gear and equipment.

Maybe even add a few heroics in elite maps with very very low drop rates. Will get old maps active again

Maybe a revamped arena with new bosses and better loot from arena chests

Leaderboards for naked speed runs? Pure skill only Lol

Just some ideas which would get me playing more often

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illumminati View Post
    Noooo not account bound. Definitely wont be worth it.

On a side note all vendors definitely need to be upgraded with better pets and higher level gear and equipment.

Maybe even add a few heroics in elite maps with very very low drop rates. Will get old maps active again

Maybe a revamped arena with new bosses and better loot from arena chests

Leaderboards for naked speed runs? Pure skill only Lol

Just some ideas which would get me playing more often
    Good ideas!
    I dont know the sad thing is these ideas have been suggested so many times and they are absolutely brillant and not hard to implement because, how hard is it to add some eggs to elite bosses? How hard is it to use same arena again just throw in some different bosses. Absolutely no offense to STS, I am sure they know what they are doing, but these ideas simply dont have any negative aspect so there is absolutely no reason to not implement them asap.

Devs have their priorities and I respect that. But yeah gotta admit, I just dont understand why so many suggestions are just ignored since they would benefit STS and the players.

Well I still made this thread, yes, because hope never dies

Keep up the good work guys
    Don't quote me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Making it account-bound may or may not give another point to gold sink.

It's part of the choice whether you want it have the same awakes or get better awakes but make it untradable. Leaving it tradable makes it another way to earn gold, by making op items even more op and raise price. Deterring the effect of the gold sink.

But making it untradable can also make the particular item rare, if it isn't already, also raising prices for it.

We're speaking theoretically here, and devs may not see these things. So go weird with suggestions and maybe it'll be added in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Remember when mythic and arcane item were only could be pull into existance via popping crate, i mean those Locked Crate of the Watch. Only plat player would hv privilege to hv 1 more option to gain gold, when the f2p player had to digging for those precious red crates all the time to gain lit gold from the rich.
    Well, i thought it was unfair that we free2play player had to busting our a** run every run in elite maps to get just, archon ring? Entombed hammer? Or shadowlurk egg, malison egg, nekro recipe etc.. But, now i know that time was the finest moment we hv in the history of this game.
    The point is, everything is so easy now, too easy, check that mythic egg, or the set prices. Also with the amount of gold drop and gl awakening kill everything.
    The problem is not gold sinking, the problem is the gold is too easy to obtain. Make it hard again an AL will become great again xD

Reduce the gold drop ( minimize as low as possible)
    Best item only drop from locked

Etc