Thread: Engineer's Commandments

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

engie is the trickiest

stay alive
    watch the tanks health - if the op rushes, wait to rev

some people play at a slower pace though, using as little mana as possible, with a tank like this you need loads of patience one think that works is to keep the mando between the enemy mob and yourself, this way it forces them to tank, especially if you are a higher level and easily get the aggro
    Last edited by Slant; 12-21-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    To be fair engys mana and mana regen was nerfed pretty hard in the new content release. So as I use an engy with my main. Have patience with us. We do what we can. We are the only class that really needs to pay attention to what others in the group are doing. Everyone else can tank and spank.
    We all respect you, engies for your true involvment and tricky ways to rev us, ops even if we r behind enemy lines))

If i may add a point:

Thou shall heal skillfully so others don't even notice being injured

i've ran with such masters and wish all could do that
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    We all respect you, engies for your true involvment and tricky ways to rev us, ops even if we r behind enemy lines))

If i may add a point:

Thou shall heal skillfully so others don't even notice being injured

i've ran with such masters and wish all could do that
    i've never had anyone complain if i don't rez them right away. i try to get heal going on whole group but if the only engi, its hard and not my fault if i heal, the op rushes sniper, and i'm concentrating on keeping the heal up on the tank so that we can all stay alive. if i'm not the only engi, i tend to try to keep the rusher healed bc i'm an agressive engi to begin with and like to rush myself, and the other engi always seems to stay with the rest of the group so it works out well. i think people need to realize too that good engis will use their rez for buff every minute (try to keep it up on whole group constantly - i forgot who said it, but we need this mana regen), and if someone dies the instant they rush a group, chances are i'm in cool down bc i will use it to buff right before the first mob.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I've done that heal so they don't notice before. I ran the ruins as an engie with a full group of ops and still defeated the guardian. I like refering to this accomplishment.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    I've done that heal so they don't notice before. I ran the ruins as an engie with a full group of ops and still defeated the guardian. I like refering to this accomplishment.
    my first attempt tanking SY5 on newt was with 4 ops, group stayed wit me for over an hour farming. thats my only accomplishment to brag about.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    if the op rushes, wait to rev
    I resent this. I can keep myself alive while rushing just fine. :P
    :|: Liathea - Rogue :|:
    :|: Liathea - Vamp :|: Arya - Vamp :|:
    :|: Liathea - Op :|: Briony - Engi :|: Kickpants - Comm :|:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My biggest Engie claim to fame was doing a MF run as the only Engie in the group and us not getting wiped any.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'm getting pretty tired of "new" players who pick Engineer class and heal only themselves when only their health goes down.

I'm also getting tired of asking, " [IGN], Can you please heal us? Thank you very much!<3".

I'm disturbed @ the amount of players who rudely tell you after asking nicely for a single heal, "You have stims don't you?". Yes, I have stims. But if I have 2 engineers in the game I don’t know why my finger is constantly on my health stim.... --_--'

I play all three classes, If my group doesn't have an Engineer i switch out my Op for my Engi and spam my own Mana stims to try and keep my group alive... and if i see a player get lurched out and go flying... *weeeEeeeeee*... I try and spam empathy on the group then leave and cast transference near 'em. If I see the group struggling in a mob, I suppress so we can regroup. I’m not the greatest Engi cause I chat 2 much or get distracted and stop and miss or go mia*blush*. But for most part… I do that with a group i know can handle their own. I heal and buff. I also always try offer and ask the Engi in group if they have enough Mana Stims if I see their mana drop from awesome heals and usually spot ‘em freebies for keeping us alive. What goes around, comes around.

Some players are just selfish.

Team game. I don't know why I have to ask you to look out for us, thus why I stick to a small friends list and don't join random games that often. I run with same like 10 people usually, lol. I just get way 2 annoyed if I have to ask more than 3 times nicely to heal the group. I mean, I try to help lower level sometimes when a random player asks, and I have plenty of stims to keep myself alive, but when I see all the other players around me dying as an Op and u r just standing there... it gets my blood boiling and I will end up bailing the run. There are 3 classes, if you don't like healing your teammates. Pick a different class. [End rant].

mmm.. yesh, i'm bored. lol

SpaceCowGirl::Operative::51//SCG::Engineer::51
    YeEeHaw!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpaceCowGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

^
    I have had that a few times before it would be 2ops and 2comm and we would all go and defend the only engineer cause we thought he would heal in return for our defending him and once I notice he/she isn't healing I just let him/her run off on their own. I dispise all engineers that cant/dont know how to/wont heal. If your going to be a engineer max out empathy before anything else and use it

Shoes are shiniest when the day is dull
    Garvhoz- lv40 commando/lv16 warrior/lv? bear