Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2019-08-29 Content Update (267782)

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts

Default 2019-08-29 Content Update (267782)

+ Level 110 PvE item set stat bonuses no longer apply in PvP.
    + Slowed down the speed of 1h Ebonthrax weapons (Sword, Dagger).
    + Reduce Hit% contributed by Level 110 sets (in PvP).
    + Reduced damage across the board for Level 110 sets (in PvP).
    + Increase health recovery contributed by Level 110 sets (in PvP).
    + Mage Cave 101-104 sets now allow using 101 shields.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Why wreck the dagger and sword in pve when you're making adjustments for the specific purpose of balancing pvp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Appreciate the patch. Str rhino can still kill a 1h hand int mage using charge and redemption in maybe 1 second. But it does seem better, if they miss either I have a much better chance winning. 2h str and int weapons are still hot garbage but doesn’t look like that was focus of the patch. Hopefully more to come over the next few weeks, appreciate the work.

Any chance pvp spawns will be fixed soon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

And so the endlesss PvP tweaking begins .... Meanwhile ... the PVE crowd ... who were perfectly happy with the way it was ... has to step back from the game and wait ... for PvP to figure out what they want !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

The Dagger speed nerf was uncalled for. It wasn't overpowered in PvP. The sword still is. Because the speed wasn't really the core issue. The Str Set had 1k Armor and 1k Dmg more than the other sets, which is what makes it op.
    I'm guessing that somebody read somewhere "speed too high" and just assumed that Dagger was too strong as well. Then decided to alter the stat, after one look at the numbers, without doing proper testing.

OR it's a nerf for PvE cuz Ebonthrax dies waaay too fast and there are obviously way too many Mythics and gold chests in circulation, and it SHOULD naturally take 6 months to aquire a full set. You know... for fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Thank you Cinco for attempting to try to balance end game pvp. I understand how difficult this is, and do not envy you.

Thank you for addressing the bug of legendary (pink) 101 tyben set and giving it the set bonus.

My fears for pvp nerf affecting pve was valid. But this is the nature of the game.

I understand increasing the speed of the one (1) handed sword was valid, considering swords predominantly in the past are a little slower than the talon or dagger, at time the same speed as a wand.

However I am surprised the dagger speed was changed. The dagger has always been the weapon with the highest dps and fastest speed.
    It is an assassins weapon of choice.

Please reconsider placing the speed of the dagger how is was previously.
    Last edited by Fwend; 08-29-2019 at 04:14 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    Thank you Cinco for attempting to try to balance end game pvp. I understand how difficult this is, and do not envy you.

Thank you for addressing the bug of legendary (pink) 101 tyben set and giving it the set bonus.

My fears for pvp nerf affecting pve was valid. But this is the nature of the game.

I understand increasing the speed of the one (1) handed sword was valid, considering swords predominantly in the past are a little slower than the talon or dagger, at time the same speed as a wand.

However I am surprised the dagger speed was changed. The dagger has always been the weapon with the highest dps and fastest speed.
    It is an assassins weapon of choice.

Please reconsider placing the speed of the dagger how is was previously.
    Although I’m not sure why the dagger got nerfed, it still is the fastest weapon followed by the talon overall the damage nerf is good for pvp but I just hope we can get mythics to be easier to obtain soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I appreciate the recent update, although a lot of people do not like the recent nerf. I do believe this has helped tremendously. The sword set (elite) being nerfed has been a great change imo. Going from 12k DPS to 6k makes it worse than most sets but the armor makes up for that. Makes it more of a challenge for me personally.

I have tried something new to test out a different way to play pvp. I combined the Eloia's Wand for the proc and the current elite set, the results make the compass wand basically the same as the previous cap. I tried both and they left my opponent at the same health.

Overall the current update to me has helped, still not perfect, but helped a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

-10 hit is your idea of a hit nerf when hit is over 200 on str and 300 on dex?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazori For This Useful Post: