Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Text box does not show text when using PiP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Default Text box does not show text when using PiP

This was reported before but now have evidence.
    Text will not show when using Picture in Picture.
    At first it is working but when change app multiple time or press the small picture and go back to AL (while PiP), them the text box start to bug.

Picture as evidence on how it looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IGN: Jairrus
    Character: Warrior (always)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jairus980 For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Platform, device type, os version, and steps to reproduce please (ideally on the account screen since it's the earliest text input spot).
    Picture in picture stuff isn't something I've ever used, so no idea how you even do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Also a little similar stuff happens to me.

Sometimes splitting screen to open YouTube while playing AL. When I do it, seems like that. (First photo, can't use skill buttons or chat.)

But if I open it while I'm already using split screen it seems like that. (Second photo, every button is available, can be used.)

It's not happening in other games so I guess it's only about AL.

Device: Lenovo P2
    Platform: Mobile, Android
    OS Version: Android 7.0, Nougat
    Name:  Screenshot_20190831-205110.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  72.6 KB

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tsuchii; 08-31-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Forgot to add this, when I stop using split screen and make AL full screen again, chatbox is like this, till I relog.

Btw, sorry Jai, invaded your post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Platform, device type, os version, and steps to reproduce please (ideally on the account screen since it's the earliest text input spot).
    Picture in picture stuff isn't something I've ever used, so no idea how you even do it.
    Android 9.0
    Pocophone f1

The steps is when you.use picture in picture. Minimizing AL to go YouTube, open back AL and continue repeatedly and that is how the text box bug occurs. Double tap on that small screen overlayed box will minimize AL and open YouTube. So switching back will go into PiP

Edit:

Made a YouTube video

https://youtu.be/Ie97YnrePds
    Last edited by Jairus980; 08-31-2019 at 02:07 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Thanks, will look into it when I have time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thanks, will look into it when I have time.
    You don't really have to use the PiP thing to make this happen, I've noticed it happening after minimizing the app while chatbox and keyboard is active, not sure if it happens when they aren't active. It also might be happening when switching between apps.

Samsung Galaxy A9
    Android 9.0

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lc9R View Post
    You don't really have to use the PiP thing to make this happen, I've noticed it happening after minimizing the app while chatbox and keyboard is active, not sure if it happens when they aren't active. It also might be happening when switching between apps.

Samsung Galaxy A9
    Android 9.0
    There have been reports of this before, but I've never been able to reproduce the problem - if you can come up with an exact sequence of steps to make it happen, please do post it.
    The PiP and splitscreen stuff hadn't been reported before that I know of, so at least that's something I can try out when I get the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

This always kept happening to me, I thought as last time it was just my device/ a personal issue with my phone's graphics settings I even asked at once in my guild chat or to some friends to see if they were experiencing this as well and they weren't great to see I'm not the only one! my device is an LG Stylo 4.

There are no steps for me, its literally just me logging into the game as i usually do when I want to play, opening the chat for the first time whenever I need to chat and not being able to see what I'm typing. After a few messages it/opening and closing the chat box several times and remapping it goes back to normal showing what I'm typing.
    Last edited by marzeg; 09-01-2019 at 01:39 PM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

I messed with PiP and splitscreen quite a while, and still can't make this happen. Can anyone come up with a reliable way to reproduce this problem?

I've mostly been using a Pixel 2 with Android 10 - anyone seen this on one of those?

Split screen does have some odd behavior, as it's sized based on whether it was split before initial launch or not, but still wouldn't make the text input box disappear for me.
    Last edited by Futumsh; 09-04-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

I messed with PiP and splitscreen quite a while, and still can't make this happen. Can anyone come up with a reliable way to reproduce this problem?

I've mostly been using a Pixel 2 with Android 10 - anyone seen this on one of those?

Split screen does have some odd behavior, as it's sized based on whether it was split before initial launch or not, but still wouldn't make the text input box disappear for me.
    Bug reproduce from Android 9
    No release for Android 10 so I'm not sure if this bug is system related or app itself.
    I'm waiting for Android 10 on pocophone then I can test it out again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Launch the game in split screen. Then, make it full screen but you shouldn't launch the game again. Just swipe up or down and make it full.
    And also I found something else about split screen. While using it, turn off the screen. Then, turn it on and make the game full screen. That's what happens:Name:  Screenshot_20190905-100632.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  38.3 KB

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

The split screen thing has been addressed for the next app update (disabled, it's not supposed to support it for now). I'm looking for a reproducible set of steps for the text input box to be missing, which I haven't been able to reproduce with either app switching or picture in picture stuff.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The split screen thing has been addressed for the next app update (disabled, it's not supposed to support it for now). I'm looking for a reproducible set of steps for the text input box to be missing, which I haven't been able to reproduce with either app switching or picture in picture stuff.
    Well, here is video I prepared which is about PiP/pup-up view, I was not able to reproduce set of steps for the text input box to be missing without using any of these, but it happened to me again yesterday, I just logged into the game, and when I wanted to type something, I was not able to see the text... I don't even know if the issu is system based or game based, I remember it happened once when I plugged in my headphones and pressed the "Play" button on my headphones which opens music app and starts playing music. So it might have something to do with apps running in the background, but not sure.
    https://youtu.be/OyZg30Sh3ls
    Last edited by Lc9R; 09-05-2019 at 09:44 AM.

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lc9R View Post
    Well, here is video I prepared which is about PiP/pup-up view, I was not able to reproduce set of steps for the text input box to be missing without using any of these, but it happened to me again yesterday, I just logged into the game, and when I wanted to type something, I was not able to see the text... I don't even know if the issu is system based or game based, I remember it happened once when I plugged in my headphones and pressed the "Play" button on my headphones which opens music app and starts playing music. So it might have something to do with apps running in the background, but not sure.
    https://youtu.be/OyZg30Sh3ls
    It looks like this one is using a samsung specific feature, not the standard android PiP stuff. I'm not sure I have a new enough samsung device to try this out but will check.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

It looks like this one is using a samsung specific feature, not the standard android PiP stuff. I'm not sure I have a new enough samsung device to try this out but will check.
    Its not device specific. Im using vanilla android LineageOS 16.0 and that itself bug. doesn't matter where it come from, any PiP will bug the text box.
    Related to Overlay??

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I just tried it out on my phone and text does appear while using pip

I am using:

Samsung galaxy s7 edge
    Rooted
    Android 9.0 hyperrom v2 reborn (custom rom)

After looking around i found out what is the cause for this, it only happens when you move the pip window. for now if you want to chat while using pip just don't touch it until you are done typing (AND MAKE SURE YOU SEND OR ELSE YOU NEED TO TYPE AGAIN!)

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by picklewickles View Post
    I just tried it out on my phone and text does appear while using pip

I am using:

Samsung galaxy s7 edge
    Rooted
    Android 9.0 hyperrom v2 reborn (custom rom)

After looking around i found out what is the cause for this, it only happens when you move the pip window. for now if you want to chat while using pip just don't touch it until you are done typing (AND MAKE SURE YOU SEND OR ELSE YOU NEED TO TYPE AGAIN!)

I forgot to mention: the first screen shot is with youtube red (patched with lucky patcher)

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,884 Posts

Samsung devices weren't new enough - I'll put LineageOS 16 on a device and see if I can repro there.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Samsung devices weren't new enough - I'll put LineageOS 16 on a device and see if I can repro there.
    I found more issues with pip if you tap on the window, for example if you want to move it, it freezes the game untill you tap on the game then it continues like nothing happend