Thread: Mythics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tpfelblatt View Post
    In my hazy state of mind I worded that poorly, but I stand by the idea of it. I meant to say that the value wouldn't drop immediately to 20M per piece. If the overall mythic droprate is spread over all pieces, we would have a normal supply and demand dynamic. The helm/armor value would rise a bit and the rest fall a bit. Over time the Set price will fall.

Right now we are relying on the people opening the Gold Chest and putting them out for sale. They will only do that as long as it is profitable (if they are addicted to the lottery, forever, but this is a completely sperate problem). When demand is met there will be hardly anyone opening Gold chests. This is not sustainable.

All items have to be made accessible to the normal player sooner or later. I just say that I prefer sooner because hardly anyone is playing this game at the moment.

I also don't get what exactly you are torn with.

The precedent has already been set. Remember WL and BG? Also I don't belive it will be that dramatic as I've stated at the top and you will have enough time to sell the items.

I don't think that's a good idea. Why reward someone just because they decided to buy the Set early, and is clearly already rich, with more potential gold? It's not even rewarding those who spend their Platinum on boxes and actually helped sustain the game. If you really want to go that direction, create a unique vanity for buying Platinum at 1k, 5k, 10k, ... thresholds.
    First off, I would just say that within a week of hyper coming out mythic helm/armor prices got nuked and you could pick up a helm for 20-25m. So the idea that mythic non-droppable item prices would fall a "bit" is a bit naive in my opinion. Not to mention, Adding in the full drop table to hyper is going to kill a decent portion of STS revenue from the game. I would support their addiction to the hyper map if the overall drop rates came down a bit.

I completely agree that all gear needed for a set should be droppable but I also think you need to provide some incentive to open golden chests as some have already stated. I wouldn't mind taking a hit the set I put together after opening around 200 chests. But if I were to log in tomorrow and you could drop all mythic items from hyper at the same drop rate I would most likely refrain from buying plat in the future.

Obviously I carry some risk in falling prices by putting together a set in the first few weeks of cap, but completely changing the dynamic of the drop table after players spent hundreds of dollars putting together a set is a more interact problem than I think most realize. There is a difference between items slowly falling in value as a result of falling demand, and items losing value as a result of a modification in drop table dynamics made by sts.
    Last edited by Faq; 09-01-2019 at 02:35 PM.