Thread: Mythics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Default Mythics

Is their any future plans to make ebonthrax drop all mythical set pieces. I know this will potentially make the gold dragon chests even more less valuable, but it doesn’t seem like anyone is hardly farming anymore and I think releasing ebonthrax with all mythics sometime in the future would be beneficial to the game.

Also cs is empty of everything but the things you can farm and drop from ebonthrax

You can keep the drop rates super low still just knowing you have a chance of getting a full set if you farm your butt off is enticing

Obviously those who spend plat might complain if all the pieces are dropped but with low enough drop rates it won’t really shift the market.... people just want to be able to feel they have the slightest chance to get a full set if they farm enough....
    Last edited by Chaasivab; 09-01-2019 at 08:02 AM.

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaasivab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaasivab View Post

Obviously those who spend plat might complain if all the pieces are dropped but with low enough drop rates it won’t really shift the market.... people just want to be able to feel they have the slightest chance to get a full set if they farm enough....
    If the other mythic parts were added to the droptable, while maintaining the average droprate for mythics that we have now. The price wouldn't plummet and farming Hyper would become more attractive.

Imho the droprate should be increased slightly, because the run speed was slowed down as a result of the Dagger and Sword speed nerf.

Or if Cinco feels like it he can create a Mythic-Pass for 10$ or so that gives access to a Questline, where we have one complete Mythic Set at the end of it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tpfelblatt For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

The game would be more active if mythics were easier to obtain.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tpfelblatt View Post
    If the other mythic parts were added to the droptable, while maintaining the average droprate for mythics that we have now. The price wouldn't plummet and farming Hyper would become more attractive.

Imho the droprate should be increased slightly, because the run speed was slowed down as a result of the Dagger and Sword speed nerf.

Or if Cinco feels like it he can create a Mythic-Pass for 10$ or so that gives access to a Questline, where we have one complete Mythic Set at the end of it.
    Not sure what you are talking about, the mythic prices would get absolutely torpedoed. You have mythic ring and amulets going for 70-80m with the droppable mythic helms going for anywhere from 13-25m. If Cinco added in the full drop table at the same drop rate prices would get nuked, no other way about it. I will say that personally I am torn as to whether or not this is a good idea.

On one hand farming and pvp are both deserted, but on the other hand, it would be a huge slap in the face to those who opened gold chests. Now obviously the former outweighs the latter, but you run the risk of setting a dangerous precedent. Why should I spend money in the game to get the best gear and nicest vanities when STS will just nerf the drop rates and cut the value of my items to a fraction of what I bought them for?

I think a possible solution would be something like the Humania mantle that was rewarded for capping to 71. The cap vanity was changed shortly after the cap was released and as a result, the few mantles that did exist became exclusive and valuable. Perhaps adding in the full mythic items to the drop table with a slightly different appearance could be a solution. That being said, I already have a full mythic set so do with that what you will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faq View Post
    Not sure what you are talking about, the mythic prices would get absolutely torpedoed. You have mythic ring and amulets going for 70-80m with the droppable mythic helms going for anywhere from 13-25m. If Cinco added in the full drop table at the same drop rate prices would get nuked, no other way about it. I will say that personally I am torn as to whether or not this is a good idea.
    In my hazy state of mind I worded that poorly, but I stand by the idea of it. I meant to say that the value wouldn't drop immediately to 20M per piece. If the overall mythic droprate is spread over all pieces, we would have a normal supply and demand dynamic. The helm/armor value would rise a bit and the rest fall a bit. Over time the Set price will fall.

Right now we are relying on the people opening the Gold Chest and putting them out for sale. They will only do that as long as it is profitable (if they are addicted to the lottery, forever, but this is a completely sperate problem). When demand is met there will be hardly anyone opening Gold chests. This is not sustainable.

All items have to be made accessible to the normal player sooner or later. I just say that I prefer sooner because hardly anyone is playing this game at the moment.

On one hand farming and pvp are both deserted, but on the other hand, it would be a huge slap in the face to those who opened gold chests. Now obviously the former outweighs the latter, but you run the risk of setting a dangerous precedent. Why should I spend money in the game to get the best gear and nicest vanities when STS will just nerf the drop rates and cut the value of my items to a fraction of what I bought them for?
    The precedent has already been set. Remember WL and BG? Also I don't belive it will be that dramatic as I've stated at the top and you will have enough time to sell the items.

I think a possible solution would be something like the Humania mantle that was rewarded for capping to 71. The cap vanity was changed shortly after the cap was released and as a result, the few mantles that did exist became exclusive and valuable. Perhaps adding in the full mythic items to the drop table with a slightly different appearance could be a solution. That being said, I already have a full mythic set so do with that what you will.
    I don't think that's a good idea. Why reward someone who decided to buy the Set early and is already rich with more potential gold? It's not even rewarding those who spend their Platinum on boxes and actually helped sustain the game. If you really want to go that direction, create a unique vanity for buying Platinum at 1k, 5k, 10k, ... thresholds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

In my hazy state of mind I worded that poorly, but I stand by the idea of it. I meant to say that the value wouldn't drop immediately to 20M per piece. If the overall mythic droprate is spread over all pieces, we would have a normal supply and demand dynamic. The helm/armor value would rise a bit and the rest fall a bit. Over time the Set price will fall.

Right now we are relying on the people opening the Gold Chest and putting them out for sale. They will only do that as long as it is profitable (if they are addicted to the lottery, forever, but this is a completely sperate problem). When demand is met there will be hardly anyone opening Gold chests. This is not sustainable.

All items have to be made accessible to the normal player sooner or later. I just say that I prefer sooner because hardly anyone is playing this game at the moment.

I also don't get what exactly you are torn with.

The precedent has already been set. Remember WL and BG? Also I don't belive it will be that dramatic as I've stated at the top and you will have enough time to sell the items.

I don't think that's a good idea. Why reward someone just because they decided to buy the Set early, and is clearly already rich, with more potential gold? It's not even rewarding those who spend their Platinum on boxes and actually helped sustain the game. If you really want to go that direction, create a unique vanity for buying Platinum at 1k, 5k, 10k, ... thresholds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tpfelblatt View Post

I also don't get what exactly you are torn with.

I don't think that's a good idea. Why reward someone just because they decided to buy the Set early, and is clearly already rich, with more potential gold? It's not even rewarding those who spend their Platinum on boxes and actually helped sustain the game. If you really want to go that direction, create a unique vanity for buying Platinum at 1k, 5k, 10k, ... thresholds.
    First off, I would just say that within a week of hyper coming out mythic helm/armor prices got nuked and you could pick up a helm for 20-25m. So the idea that mythic non-droppable item prices would fall a "bit" is a bit naive in my opinion. Not to mention, Adding in the full drop table to hyper is going to kill a decent portion of STS revenue from the game. I would support their addiction to the hyper map if the overall drop rates came down a bit.

I completely agree that all gear needed for a set should be droppable but I also think you need to provide some incentive to open golden chests as some have already stated. I wouldn't mind taking a hit the set I put together after opening around 200 chests. But if I were to log in tomorrow and you could drop all mythic items from hyper at the same drop rate I would most likely refrain from buying plat in the future.

Obviously I carry some risk in falling prices by putting together a set in the first few weeks of cap, but completely changing the dynamic of the drop table after players spent hundreds of dollars putting together a set is a more interact problem than I think most realize. There is a difference between items slowly falling in value as a result of falling demand, and items losing value as a result of a modification in drop table dynamics made by sts.
    Last edited by Faq; 09-01-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Increasing the percentage drop rate of mythics as well as having the capability to farm all pieces through the Hyper-Thrax ticket is something most of us desire. Especially if we do not have our full mythic sets yet.

However, we also have to consider others and how they will feel knowing many have spent thousands of Platinum into our game to pay real life money. This supports STS. What about all those people? as well as many who have spent hundreds of thousand of gold to buy these mythic sets as well? How would this be fair on them?

I don't mind either way if drops rates are increased, or more of the mythic items can be looted from Hyper-Thrax.

What I do feel is a great solution is to have a permanent vendor on game. That sells all mythic items for platinum. This way again it supports the game and players who can will. And others will be able to buy off them for PL gold. Or just buy Platinum themselves to complete their mythic sets.
    Last edited by Fwend; 09-01-2019 at 03:24 PM.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I'm tired of those arguing that increasing the drop rates for mythics is 'unfair' for others. The game is dead. It could be so much more alive.

People knew exactly what they were getting into when they decided to farm for hours on end and spend endless amounts of plat on golden chests. Cinco even made it very clear he had plans to address the drop rate in the future, I honestly don't see why people think this was a sustainable system in the first place. Of course it seems unfair, but that's precisely what everyone willingly bought into.

Increase the drop rates. Make the game alive again. Let Cinco use his imagination to making PvE fun in other ways...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

A solution to this would be to make all mythic pieces droppable, but for the desired ones (originally in chests) make the drop rate more difficult than helm/armor. This is by far the easiest solution and people can stop complaining about how these pieces are locked behind a paywall. Additionally, keeping them at a low drop rate would keep these “desired” pieces at a high price so the sets arent just everywhere and lose too much value.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Completely agree with Ghost. It is on Cinco to create something a larger part of the playerbase would spend money on. He locked something ESSENTIAL to the game behind a paywall. Imho additional pay2play features are lazy.

The Plat store is stuck in 2010. There have been suggestions to revamp the Deal of the day.

The most popular PvP Level is probably 76. (77 for me, loved the weapon combos)
    Create a honor inspired arena with 76 gear. Accessible with a plat ticket. Do this for every cap. I'd pay money for that. It seems like Devs don't realize just how good PvP is in this game.

Some type of competetive PvE would be desirable too. The PvE endgame in PL is: get the Set. Done.

Honestly, there are so many good suggestions out there already. The ones that get picked up are the ones that take the least amount of work and get the most $$ quickly. I have more fun on forum than in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I agree. I have two Mythic sets (bow and sword) and become bored getting booted from PvP for being too OP. If there were more Mythic sets available, the game would be more populated in PvP and PvE and we wouldn't have separate communities (those with Elite sets, those with Mythic sets, those not playing the game until there are changes made to Mythics, etc.).

I know I would also run Hyper Thrax far more than I do now if Mythic pieces were made lootable.

Keep in mind though, you didn't do us any favors by complaining that Mythics would become worthless in price in your last thread after Cinco released Hyper-Thraxx, Chaasivab.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I’m not asking for mythics to be any easier to obtain... I’m asking for the set to be able to have a chance of being obtained from hard work for f2p players through grinding. I don’t want drop rates to increase rather they can be lower for the rest of the 4/6 compared to the helm and body....mythics aren’t going to be worthless my friend if the drop rates are low like Magor was—- Dolloway
    Last edited by Chaasivab; 09-01-2019 at 06:50 PM.

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaasivab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Mythics need to be easier to obtain, including drop rates. Do people actually enjoy participating in what feels like a ghost town?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Mythics need to be easier to obtain, including drop rates. Do people actually enjoy participating in what feels like a ghost town?
    only if you are there

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmt For This Useful Post: