Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Plot Scheme Platinum Chest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Plot Scheme Platinum Chest

So how does everyone feel about platinum chest? Tell me how many have you open so far to only get elite armor. How many more plats do we need to waste again to only get elite armor that cost only 10k. Another plot scheme on Cinco hit again.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vincom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vincom View Post
    So how does everyone feel about platinum chest? Tell me how many have you open so far to only get elite armor. How many more plats do we need to waste again to only get elite armor that cost only 10k. Another plot scheme on Cinco hit again.
    Just another failed update
    Yd tapatalk make me give myself kin thats annoying
    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ManOnTheMoon; 09-06-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I don't think this update was the one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Why can't we just have all gear drop from bosses like every other cap in the history of PL?

I've hardly been playing the game since the xp event because the loot table is setup in such a way that it's extremely boring to farm as a result of most of the gear being locked behind a paywall; there is very little incentive to farm unless you plan on spending platinum to open chests and this has had a negative impact on PvP.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

It’s hard to see any positives when nothing new is added except more loot boxes. It’s a shame to see so many good ideas from the community for events and additional content go to waste. I really feel bad for all of the people who’ve spent hundreds if not thousands of plat already on the gold boxes just to get virtually nothing.

These business practices are already criticized on a larger scale with gaming companies like EA, it’s a shame to see the same thing happening here.
    Last edited by fruitbattwo; 09-06-2019 at 05:42 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fruitbattwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

I think a mythic set quest line sounds pretty good right about now.
    Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    I got a crazy idea. What if when you hit 110 you can do a quest for a complete mythic set. Obviously it wouldn't be easy but maybe have it require finding hidden Enemies In previous campaigns that drop scraps to craft with or something cool like that. Like a really hard easter egg hunt.
    Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by plpr; 09-06-2019 at 08:16 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plpr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Lootcrate Legends is my favourite game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

It is what it is..... be happy we got an update

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaasivab View Post
    i would have rather had no update than just another disappointing update that gets people's hopes up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaasivab View Post
    Would rather have not gotten this update at all lol, this is the exact opposite of what everyone (including you) has been asking for. Instead of having all mythics drop normally, they’ve been put behind a bigger paywall.

To just “be happy that we got an update” would mean we’re just going to roll over and accept anything that cinco gives us, even if we see it as detrimental to the game. Too many people still hold the game to a high enough standard to do that. I don’t see players in game celebrating at the fact that we have more expensive loot boxes now, all I see is arguing and disapproval.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fruitbattwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

i just don't like this new chest at all. so much work so many plats for nothing. the other chest is better

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmt For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

pay to win they dont even care to reply on star legends forumns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I have not seen a single soul who does agree with having a paywall on the mythics on this forums.

They should poll the changes they are thinking to implement. So that they know if people are going to be happy with updates. And announce these polls on the box at login screen.
    Last edited by AyyVeeArr; 09-07-2019 at 03:39 PM.
    Can’t explain chess moves to Pokemon Go players.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AyyVeeArr For This Useful Post:

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

I think a mythic set quest line sounds pretty good right about now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hai doods

22. The Following User Says Thank You to synfullmagic_23110 For This Useful Post:

Faq

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Looks like they need money fast. And it seems to work.

The way it works is:
    1) Platinum buyers and more put Hyper Tickets in cs. Cash for STS and gold for Platinum buyers. Farmers spending gold.

2) Farmers farming and selling Gold Chests. Gold comes back to farmers.

3) Platinum buyer buying Gold Chest and opening. Cash for StS.
    3.1) Selling Mythics in cs to farmers/every other player. Gold back to Platinum buyer to buy more boxes. Keeping the cycle alive.

A problem arises, when Platinum runs out and/or Gold boxes get too cheap, making it worthless to farm.
    As long as Platinum is no issue the cycle will continue.
    Platinum Crates are actually a smart way to bring people back to farming, while at the same time getting some gold boxes out of circulation, thus increasing the price of Gold Chests again.

The problem seems to be that the Platinum chests are crap. ) Correct me if I'm wrong.

Another non economy related problem is, that farming like this is not enjoyable, but that doesn't seem to matter to the creators as long as the $$ is flowing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tpfelblatt View Post
    Looks like they need money fast. And it seems to work.

The way it works is:
    1) Platinum buyers and more put Hyper Tickets in cs. Cash for STS and gold for Platinum buyers. Farmers spending gold.

2) Farmers farming and selling Gold Chests. Gold comes back to farmers.

3) Platinum buyer buying Gold Chest and opening. Cash for StS.
    3.1) Selling Mythics in cs to farmers/every other player. Gold back to Platinum buyer to buy more boxes. Keeping the cycle alive.

A problem arises, when Platinum runs out and/or Gold boxes get too cheap, making it worthless to farm.
    As long as Platinum is no issue the cycle will continue.
    Platinum Crates are actually a smart way to bring people back to farming, while at the same time getting some gold boxes out of circulation, thus increasing the price of Gold Chests again.

The problem seems to be that the Platinum chests are crap. ) Correct me if I'm wrong.

Another non economy related problem is, that farming like this is not enjoyable, but that doesn't seem to matter to the creators as long as the $$ is flowing.
    But not nearly as much money as they would get if they kept their community happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
    But not nearly as much money as they would get if they kept their community happy

Is that so? Happy doesn't pay the bills. I don't see anything in the plat store I'd want to spend Platinum on, right now. There was Week-Long and Loco for grinding, but thats done. Hyper tickets could've been something. The rest, honestly just meh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by synfullmagic_23110 View Post
    No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    People getting sets to play the game how it is meant to be played?It's actually Impossible to say this is a bad idea. If you say some crap like "I spent money on my set pieces with plat" yea boohoo what do you want? A playable game where it's fun and competitive? Or your precious mythic set to retain it's value That you "Worked" so hard for. And to imagine other players getting it any easier than you. That's just incomprehensible. I know a good amount of people who've spent hundreds enchanting items and would gladly take the financial loss and have all of there gear wiped clean and have pvp return back to normal so they can have fun again rather than cry they spent platinum enchanting it. If your mindset is "I spent money for this and I deserve for it to be super rare" You sound like a small child That doesn't think very thoroughly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to plpr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People getting sets to play the game how it is meant to be played?It's actually Impossible to say this is a bad idea. If you say some crap like "I spent money on my set pieces with plat" yea boohoo what do you want? A playable game where it's fun and competitive? Or your precious mythic set to retain it's value That you "Worked" so hard for. And to imagine other players getting it any easier than you. That's just incomprehensible. I know a good amount of people who've spent hundreds enchanting items and would gladly take the financial loss and have all of there gear wiped clean and have pvp return back to normal so they can have fun again rather than cry they spent platinum enchanting it. If your mindset is "I spent money for this and I deserve for it to be super rare" You sound like a small child That doesn't think very thoroughly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Facts

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

[QUOTE=plpr;3029974]People getting sets to play the game how it is meant to be played?It's actually Impossible to say this is a bad idea. If you say some crap like "I spent money on my set pieces with plat" yea boohoo what do you want? A playable game where it's fun and competitive? Or your precious mythic set to retain it's value That you "Worked" so hard for. And to imagine other players getting it any easier than you. That's just incomprehensible. I know a good amount of people who've spent hundreds enchanting items and would gladly take the financial loss and have all of there gear wiped clean and have pvp return back to normal so they can have fun again rather than cry they spent platinum enchanting it. If your mindset is "I spent money for this and I deserve for it to be super rare" You sound like a small child That doesn't think very thoroughly.

I wonder if you’re referring to me having my own mythical set cause I do not( don’t even own one piece )

A quest line with giving away free mythical items would 1)decimate the values of current sets it would 2)its unnecessary

1) if the values for the mythical items decreased to bread crumbs there would literally be no need to make PVE maps throughout this campaigns life. There would be nothing to farm ( why would I farm if I can get it through a quest anyways)

2) A mythical set is no where required in order to play through the PVE side of this game. I’ve seen hundreds of runs with full elite teams, were they have blazed through the maps and destroyed the dragon dude with ease. Get yourself a elite set and find a party constantly run ebon, you’ll get yourself mythical gear in no time. Then you’ll be able to sell and by yourself the weapons/shields/ammys/rings.( I don’t agree with weapons/shields/ammys/rings being locked away with a paywall thingy)

If you suggest the idea for a quest line for one full elite set go all for it, that is basically the minimum to do well in pve and build up from there.

And all I said was no

++ Why not play the game how it’s supposed to be and farm :0
    Last edited by synfullmagic_23110; 09-08-2019 at 11:01 PM.
    hai doods