Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fox/Mage Nerf?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

At 22,Fox vs mage or bear is alrdy hard, bears just Beck hs, stomp kill, mages have mana shield so they nuke you before you do it, dont ask for a fox nerf, they are good now, not op.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Naetheanimal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naetheanimal View Post
    At 22,Fox vs mage or bear is alrdy hard, bears just Beck hs, stomp kill, mages have mana shield so they nuke you before you do it, dont ask for a fox nerf, they are good now, not op.
    When have foxes not ever been good? They were good when they came out and people started doing 22-31. They were good after class nerfs update. They were good when Halloween armor came out. They were good during dodge era. They were broken when 3pc became L.1. They were good when enchants came to the scene. Now they are just godly now that it's base stats.

They were never trash. From 22-77 they was a viable class. 22-27 plat hammer foxes. L 30-32 iceberg/shiv talon foxes. L 35 lizard leg dodge foxes. L 40 horus cutter foxes. L 45 ballista foxes. L.50 shotty foxes. L.51 reaper/w fury fighter foxes. L 55 custom foxes. L.56 glyph mace foxes. L.61 demo mace foxes. L.71 beastly foxes. L.76 savage foxes. L.77 lust sword/dagger Foxes. Do you see the pattern? These are all levels were foxes could compete naturally without any limitations that would've involved a buff, simply because they didn't need. In each of these zones not only could you go highly positive, but you could also enjoy the zone as a fox playing vs other classes and vise versa. So no they aren't "good now" they are well past overpowered.

As for bears it's no longer beck stomp unless you're just fighting people with 20 armor. Nowadays beck stomp isn't killing foxes even with fbow. You'd have to get multiple autos and try to keep them stunned enough while hoping to not take any critical from their phantom kicks and howls. Hs doesn't effect their hit or their dmg so it's all based on crit. As it stands now 22 is boring, and 30+ wouldn't be any better. 27 would of been a perfect pick but as you see there are more elite spammers than normal.

My proposition is just a class nerf. On both foxes and mages. It'll take less time than having cinco go level by level where these issues are prevalent fixing the stats one by one.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 09-10-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Would you be so kind and list what tier the other 4 classes were at every cap in comparison to Fox?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Honestly, idc about twink levels. But I've tried 22 fox again and it is awfully strong in that particular level. I don't know that this also applies to the higher twink levels. Below 20-22 Fox is meh. I've tested reaper and paw fox.
    Your balance suggestion was: revert 25% base dmg buff. I think that's fine. Current base dmg is 99-134. Would be 79-107 when reverted. The dmg deficit has no impact on endgame fox except honor. The Fox Honor sets then have to be adjusted accordingly.

For the mage nerf you said 20%? Also a base dmg nerf? If the damage loss is compensated with a honor set buff then I'd be fine with that.

Maybe the people who actually care about twink levels could chime in and say yay or nay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I just a killed a L22 str hammer fox with a L 15 fbow bear, it would be funny if fox had a nerf, they are alrdy bad vs bears.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Naetheanimal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

I just a killed a L22 str hammer fox with a L 15 fbow bear, it would be funny if fox had a nerf, they are alrdy bad vs bears.
    And I've seen a 22 fox kill a player using elite weapon and staff. Does that mean elites are weak against foxes? What ever picture you're trying to paint is flawed. If you're tying to imply foxes in general are weak and don't need a nerf then that's a joke comment and would be extremely delusional to believe that.

I've not seen a single 15 bear beat zuxer's 16 fox, boujee yet. Let that sit. Foxes don't unlock damage buff until L.22. Yet 20 str foxes are strong enough to compete with 20 pallies and 20 bears. Without damage buffs. 22 is when they can go full power and we see how op they are when they go around 1 shotting 108 dam armor.

My 22 fox with snowball launcher, low damage weapon that's not built for foxes, can kill 22 dex bears in a single burst combo. How is that not op?
    Last edited by MageFFA; 09-11-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Same with bears using sbl or mages, even birds, im not saying fox is weak, they are strong but definitely not Over power, the problem are elite armor & elite weapons, not any class been overpower

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Naetheanimal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Same with bears using sbl or mages, even birds, im not saying fox is weak, they are strong but definitely not Over power, the problem are elite armor & elite weapons, not any class been overpower
    Even if we removed Enchants and elites the issue of class will still be relevant. Foxes deal the most burst damage of all classes making them extremely hard to have to fight above 22 and mages possesse the high critical damage compared to the rest which allows them to get stronger nukes. Mages could be balanced in many ways.

A Crit nerf would get rid of the problem but at the expense of ruining it for classes like bird, a crit based class. Therefore a mage nerf is better suited.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    Even if we removed Enchants and elites the issue of class will still be relevant. Foxes deal the most burst damage of all classes making them extremely hard to have to fight above 22 and mages possesse the high critical damage compared to the rest which allows them to get stronger nukes. Mages could be balanced in many ways.

A Crit nerf would get rid of the problem but at the expense of ruining it for classes like bird, a crit based class. Therefore a mage nerf is better suited.
    If we removed enchants and stat guns everything would move back to how it used to be which I’m all for. I don’t think any classes would need to be touched if this happens either. Birds would be weak as they are now and have been at twink for most lvls but I’m ok with that mage would be a glass cannon and bears would be hard tanks again. Which is all fine by me. But sadly this won’t happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypowerz View Post
    If we removed enchants and stat guns everything would move back to how it used to be which I’m all for. I don’t think any classes would need to be touched if this happens either. Birds would be weak as they are now and have been at twink for most lvls but I’m ok with that mage would be a glass cannon and bears would be hard tanks again. Which is all fine by me. But sadly this won’t happen.
    Yeah the PvP would indeed be much better and more active but we can't sit back and act as if there isn't a active class problem. Bears aren't tanks anymore and mages haven't been glass cannons since 2015. In 56 1 year ago we both played 56. Mages dominated and tanked every class but fox easily. Mages destroyed birds and ate bears with little to no problem. In 30 before enchants mages went pally to counter beck stomp longsword bears. Are we saying these examples don't show how powerful mages became?