Thread: Fox/Mage Nerf?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

You left out tons of information in your first post, which paints an exaggerated picture of the status quo, whithout illustrating any of the problems in a way that is comprehensible.
    Why exactly are they overpowered? What makes them op? What levels are you refering to? Why are they overpowered in those levels? How should they be balanced out?

I know we beat this dead horse over and over again and I don't disagree on some of the points that have been made in those past discussions. Just saying that you presented your case poorly. At the very least link to past discussions or quote them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tpfelblatt View Post
    You left out tons of information in your first post, which paints an exaggerated picture of the status quo, whithout illustrating any of the problems in a way that is comprehensible.
    Why exactly are they overpowered? What makes them op? What levels are you refering to? Why are they overpowered in those levels? How should they be balanced out?

I know we beat this dead horse over and over again and I don't disagree on some of the points that have been made in those past discussions. Just saying that you presented your case poorly. At the very least link to past discussions or quote them.
    There is nothing exaggerated about my post. Anyone who plays 22 will not agree that foxes damage is any sort of natural. As for me quoting past discussions on mage it seems me and cams posts was either deleted or we can't find. The ones I have now will have to do. As for why I made the post, Cinco himself agreed to conversate on the underlyingissues that dwell in twink PvP, this is how we got 3pc and 25-27 stats fixed. With this noted the discussion is now based on class issues while cinco works on what he's doing now.

Video and pictures will be posted to further prove the point of what this discussion is for.

1. Why exactly are they overpowered? Simple. As it stands now foxes possess the highest base damage in the game as a class. At levels 22-30 foxes will absolutely shred your hp in a matter of a second no matter their attributes. I've tested a max tank bear that buffs up to 108 armor, that's equal to a former L.40 bear and a active L.25 with str elite armor and a elite blaster, elite str armor gives 70 base armor and elite blaster gives 39, which if you compare these armor stats to the normal 25 you'll see that the highest natural armor stat you can receive is about 65 on a full tank bear.Now what do you think happened? Oh I almost nuked from the simplicity of rabid ham darts. That's 108 armor while most 22s who use dex only have around 28 armor with fbow and 40 with talon.

Well why don't you kite the fox might you ask? Foxes, like rhinos, don't even need to be near you for their dashes to still do damage so stunning them becomes useless if you don't want to take dash damage. Hypnotize is 12 meters so you can kite them and not only is hit% bugged making debuffs irrelevant, most bears use 1 -3 hs now and 6 blind isn't a thing,
    they have fury, a hit buff.

The simple answer for fox is that the 25% damage buff cinco did to make foxes more reliable in 100 cap completely altered a already power class in twink in general. I did 31 fox and enjoyed my experience so when the buff happened nothing went unnoticed. Foxes have dodge but they deserve it because they possess no good sort of defence outside of it.

As for mages the biggest problem of them all lies in their critical damage. Foxes own the most damage but foxes dominate the crit scence. A drain usually stands at 350-400 on average nowadays, the lowest for a crit drain I've seen was 250 which is equal to what a full combo from what a pounde bird does. A fire is right behind mages in the spectrum and when it came to the same test vs my armor bear nothing changed drastically. Having super high armor did make the damage received from non crit weaker but when it came to crits actually landing it was just as aggravating as fox was. A staggering 432 was what I received with ib up. No 3pc. No elites. Just a fbow mage with experts.

Simple answer. Mages possess far higher critical damage to other classes. Compared to bird that's a crit based class you'll see that 400 Isn't even on their scale. The max I've hit with my pounder bird was 310 and that was against a mage who didn't heal off my break in time on combo. It took me to use break root shatter blast just to hit a max of 310 while a mage can get away with a 450 on 1 skill alone.

2. How to balance them? I would make the sulotion that foxes should have the damage buffed they received in 100 cap revoked. It was a absolutely mistake that dispite being selfishly made to benefit endgame, totally failed. Foxes normal damage was good enough and their dodge isn't broken imo. Either or we can all debate. As for mages it's all in their damage and crit. 20% is good enough but we again can all discuss better solutions. I'm not the only person in this.

If you wish I can take screenshots and post videos on the topic.