Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing pots

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Default Removing pots

Just wondering what you guys would think would happen if pots were disabled in pve. The whole idea would be to add more usefulness to the other non-rogue classes. Mages would be needed to keep mana up (probably would have to nerf mishi too in order for this to work). Warriors would be needed to tank and heal party since people wouldn’t be able to spam health pots. Like I said, the whole point would be to have the other classes have a purpose. This would also add a challenge to the game, since overall it’s “too easy” as players just spam pots to keep health and mana up, making it very hard to die. Let me know your thoughts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post:

Inu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Default Removing pots

Quote Originally Posted by Korabiv View Post
    Just wondering what you guys would think would happen if pots were disabled in pve. The whole idea would be to add more usefulness to the other non-rogue classes. Mages would be needed to keep mana up (probably would have to nerf mishi too in order for this to work). Warriors would be needed to tank and heal party since people wouldn’t be able to spam health pots. Like I said, the whole point would be to have the other classes have a purpose. This would also add a challenge to the game, since overall it’s “too easy” as players just spam pots to keep health and mana up, making it very hard to die. Let me know your thoughts.
    I would agree if rogues have a skill to replenish Mana too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Only for fester arena. In pve maps many people like to solo the map because its very rare to find help in maps. This will make the game 10x harder on new people. For end game players they just want to speed maps, mana is the only needed thing. I can have 4000 mana as a war and run out with in 15 skills.

I would agree if people ran maps more often in pts, but at the moment we are not ready for this. Think about running daily quests with no mana, takes alot longer. As a noob I didn't get much help from people, just did maps on my own. Ask for help and get called a noob, placed on ignore, insulted. Now a days I got people begging me for help, I help them alot but I can't be there with them 24/7.
    I even used my time to make a 1000+ word post, and a few videos to help people with the game. I do get pms of people thanking me for the help to.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 09-07-2019 at 11:06 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Only for fester arena. In pve maps many people like to solo the map because its very rare to find help in maps. This will make the game 10x harder on new people. For end game players they just want to speed maps, mana is the only needed thing. I can have 4000 mana as a war and run out with in 15 skills.

I would agree if people ran maps more often in pts, but at the moment we are not ready for this. Think about running daily quests with no mana, takes alot longer.
    Maybe only have pots disabled in current endgame maps then? So for this expansion, it would be deep marsh and possibly swamp too. That way new players could still use pots in easier maps. Again, the whole point of this would be to encourage people to run with mages and warriors, as well as make the game challenging at endgame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

When the game becomes more popular and has a ton of people then yes. If devs want the game to be popular then they need a popular youtuber to play the game and make a video on it. They do have opts to block other people from messaging them so they don't have to deal with spam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

A way to improve your idea. We have normal map, elite map. Create elite map+, it's the same as elite map but health and mana potion disable, or etc, idk (good idea for challenging achievement points)
    IGN: Jairrus
    Character: Warrior (always)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jairus980 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Let me know your thoughts.
    ppl will just leave pve and find better ways to make profit. good luck in pve no pots haha
    + it will bring more disbalance between p2p and f2p

(are you all really so proud that u learned 4button game a bit and can play without pots? lols)
    what about those players who wanna go LB? imagine killing lich/vori 1k times without pots
    if u really wanna hear answers about "pve no pots" - go game and ask people in randoms (who farming hardly) what they think about it or maybe ask new players without best gears what they will do?
    my thoughts: pve (as most boring way to make profit) should be easier and bring more gold instead of these crazy ideas

The whole idea would be to add more usefulness to the other non-rogue classes.
    whole idea is just trying to stupidly flexing about your weak expierence in pve; if u think that rogues are really best about any aspect of game - go make rogue? at 61-66 i think every farmer made mage to farm maus, whats problem to make rogue now? all gears cheap af
    want more usefulness? give whole party 200% dmg buff if all classes in party (to compensate "uselessness" of 2 other classes), its simple and was offered many times. its only one thing why rogues will keep farm and would like to see 2 other classes in party.
    Last edited by slaaayerrr; 09-08-2019 at 04:49 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to slaaayerrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

No pots? If this gonna happen then rip rogues, not all maps have diff character running specially when your alone player, and when u doing aps on easy elite maps u gonna need a day to wait for mage for mana and a year to complete 1k bosses aps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

I think what you are saying is utterly stupid........ You should get a "Nobel Prize" for having the "worst post ever"....................

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

The most ridiculous idea ever.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

He was just asking for ya'lls opinions. No need to diss him so hard, it was just an honest question jeez

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Archugejackmen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Having no pots would completely change the who mechanic of the game and while this would probably have been great from the start it's too deeply ingrained into the game now to remove - devs have already confirmed this.

Interesting idea to have say a specific elite map where pots at disabled and unique look but in the full game no.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Wow so much toxic for a simple idea. Was just a thought about changing the game up a bit.

To those who said I should create a rogue, I have a rogue. I would challenge you then to make a mage or warrior and watch the results. If you join a random party in deep marsh with any composition of mages and warriors, everyone will either leave right away or get to boss, realize they can’t kill it in a reasonable time, and then leave. Class balance is horrible right now, and yes there are other ways to fix it, but this was just a small suggestion. It’s kind of like saying ebon aegis is balanced in pvp.

Also, please tell me a map where people actually struggle to beat (unless it’s deep marsh without rogues). Part of the reason pve gets so boring is that it’s basically run the same maps, spam skills, and win. The idea of no pots would be to add strategy and teamwork in order to make things different and present a challenge.

Thank you for all the feedback. I really doubt this would get added to the game, but it would make things interesting nonetheless.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Wow so much toxic for a simple idea. Was just a thought about changing the game up a bit.

To those who said I should create a rogue, I have a rogue. I would challenge you then to make a mage or warrior and watch the results. If you join a random party in deep marsh with any composition of mages and warriors, everyone will either leave right away or get to boss, realize they can’t kill it in a reasonable time, and then leave. Class balance is horrible right now, and yes there are other ways to fix it, but this was just a small suggestion. It’s kind of like saying ebon aegis is balanced in pvp.

Also, please tell me a map where people actually struggle to beat (unless it’s deep marsh without rogues). Part of the reason pve gets so boring is that it’s basically run the same maps, spam skills, and win. The idea of no pots would be to add strategy and teamwork in order to make things different and present a challenge.

Thank you for all the feedback. I really doubt this would get added to the game, but it would make things interesting nonetheless.
    No!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Archugejackmen View Post
    He was just asking for ya'lls opinions. No need to diss him so hard, it was just an honest question jeez
    Maybe this will make him think twice about ideas like these, for better or for worse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The idea will bring the game to end and shut it down,
    Why? Cause who will (rogue) run the maps to farm if without mana? Imagine the rogue mana amount and cost is only 5-7 skill hit and it will empty and a mage is prone to death using heal in hard maps, (i am mage user since 2016 and maus runner) maybe its good for who have guild and group to run a map, but how about the solo players? That will result a dead for some maps, or all will switch to mage or quit.. Thats what i think for the result

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Well I was hoping for a discussion, but I guess people now days are more interested in personal insults than discussing. I ask for this thread to be closed since no discussion is taking place. Sorry for making a suggestion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Well I was hoping for a discussion, but I guess people now days are more interested in personal insults than discussing. I ask for this thread to be closed since no discussion is taking place. Sorry for making a suggestion.
    Lol it's okay bro IK you meant well by your suggestion with trying to find more balance in the game pve wise. I think at this point it's best to leave Auto Pots the way they are . Sts should focus on making the new expansion maps with more pve balance, where all classes are needed to run a map.

Edit: I read post fast lol. O you meant Pots in general gone not Auto Pots. Gotcha. Ya I'm going to have to -1 that for sure. But nothing wrong with your suggestion.
    Last edited by Fearrr; 09-08-2019 at 05:54 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Fearrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Already the new players are less in this game and with such horrible ideas, you will be making the game more discouraging for the newbies. Pots are very much necessary for Wars and Rogues during PvE runs. The new auto pot system is the the best and let it be the way it is. So -1000 to your suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

What the??? if you want all classes to be more useful we need elite x10 map harder just like when elite tindirin happen you need to kill boss many times to get the parchment for requirement in Nekro recipe, thats so hard you need full party for all class to survive. ;p i remember when doing that there is no ankh too.. deym! so challenging!!