Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: L110 Rhino (current state of PvP)

  1. #1
    Forum Adept SuperGotenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    433
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    106
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Exclamation L110 Rhino (current state of PvP)



    video is pretty self explanatory

    Now here is a video of a fox using the same gear as the rhino above. The fox's damage doesn't even come close to the rhino's. If anything, foxes should be able to nuke fast, not rhinos.

    Last edited by SuperGotenks; 09-11-2019 at 03:17 PM. Reason: added video of fox for damage comparison
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

  2. #2
    Forum Adept MageFFA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Pangaea, Permian Epoch
    Posts
    275
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    57
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

    Default

    2 words. Blamo seto

  3. #3
    Forum Adept SuperGotenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    433
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    106
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Default

    Woops i posted the wrong video. ill update post in a bit
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

  4. #4
    Forum Adept SuperGotenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    433
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    106
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    2 words. Blamo seto
    More like blamo cinco
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

  5. #5
    Forum Adept SuperGotenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    433
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    106
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Default

    Bump because this needs attention
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

  6. #6
    Senior Member Dolloway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Rockwall Forts
    Posts
    1,018
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    573
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    715
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

    Default

    It's the sets, not the class.

    It's like using a melee dex set in terms of damage output. The str set also doesn't tank well compared to traditional tanking sets, it just has enough damage output that it can nuke you quickly before dying. So it needs a significant damage nerf and a large health buff - probably thousands of health.

    The same goes for every 2H set as well, otherwise classes will just use these other sets like talon that weren't touched.

  7. #7
    Forum Adept SuperGotenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    433
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    106
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    It's the sets, not the class.

    It's like using a melee dex set in terms of damage output. The str set also doesn't tank well compared to traditional tanking sets, it just has enough damage output that it can nuke you quickly before dying. So it needs a significant damage nerf and a large health buff - probably thousands of health.

    The same goes for every 2H set as well, otherwise classes will just use these other sets like talon that weren't touched.
    I have added a video including a fox using the same setup and not doing nearly as much damage as the rhino. This is not a set problem because Rhino's are stronger than all other classes combined.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

  8. #8
    Senior Member plpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania USA
    Posts
    844
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    232
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    185
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGotenks View Post
    I have added a video including a fox using the same setup and not doing nearly as much damage as the rhino. This is not a set problem because Rhino's are stronger than all other classes combined.
    I bet you would get way more support if there was more than 10 people with mythic sets in pvp at 110


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  9. #9
    Forum Adept MageFFA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Pangaea, Permian Epoch
    Posts
    275
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    57
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

    Default

    Instead of using a stun combo that mostly debuffs how about you try rabid shred ham darts instead. Rabid is the only skill actually doing any damage in that combo so that's a terrible comparison. If you look at the description of Hamstring you'll see why he didn't do the same amount of damage. Rabid shred might just be enough to actually kill you alone and that's not a combo that gives any sort of combo damage like rabid ham.

    Even then foxes are generally weak in endgame regardless. A better comparison would of been to use a wand mage to test frost fire or ice storm fire

    Name:  Screenshot_20190911-203038.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  145.9 KB.Name:  Screenshot_20190911-202936.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  150.2 KB
    Last edited by MageFFA; 09-11-2019 at 08:32 PM.

  10. #10
    Forum Adept SuperGotenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    433
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    106
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Default L110 Rhino (current state of PvP)

    Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    Instead of using a stun combo that mostly debuffs how about you try rabid shred ham darts instead. Rabid is the only skill actually doing any damage in that combo so that's a terrible comparison. If you look at the description of Hamstring you'll see why he didn't do the same amount of damage. Rabid shred might just be enough to actually kill you alone and that's not a combo that gives any sort of combo damage like rabid ham.

    Even then foxes are generally weak in endgame regardless. A better comparison would of been to use a wand mage to test frost fire or ice storm fire

    Name:  Screenshot_20190911-203038.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  145.9 KB.Name:  Screenshot_20190911-202936.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  150.2 KB
    Thank you for pointing out that redemption does 2x combo damage on top of the traditional 2x damage from a regular combo (from other classes). I didnít know this previously. This makes Rhinos do 4x combo damage, which makes this skill overpowered in endgame since everyone has high damage. Additionally, the ď2x combo damage bonusĒ from redemption needs to be taken off immedietly. I believe this to be the main issue with it nuking every class with 2 skills. Also, the point of comparing rhino against a fox is to prove that a melee support/tank does higher BURST damage than a melee ASSASSIN.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

  11. #11
    Forum Adept MageFFA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Pangaea, Permian Epoch
    Posts
    275
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    57
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGotenks View Post
    Thank you for pointing out that redemption does 2x combo damage on top of the traditional 2x damage from a regular combo (from other classes). I didn’t know this previously. This makes Rhinos do 4x combo damage, which makes this skill overpowered in endgame since everyone has high damage. Additionally, the “2x combo damage bonus” from redemption needs to be taken off immedietly. I believe this to be the main issue with it nuking every class with 2 skills. Also, the point of comparing rhino against a fox is to prove that a melee support/tank does higher BURST damage than a melee ASSASSIN.
    You do understand mages Hotflash combo is a 30% added damage multiplier on fire right? Same with natural strike which is a 50% added damage multiplier on Lightning. It's easy to take shots at rhinos for having a nerfed down x2 combo multiplier after redemption was nerfed 3 times, only 1 was justified. The first redemption nerf removed the guaranteed health leech each time 'juiced' landed, effectively killing the meta of charge red to charge tempest since it deals more damage.

    No. Rhinos don't deal more damage than foxes because the combo you used has 1 skill THAT DOESN'T DEAL ANY SORT OF DAMAGE. The better comparison would of been to use rabid shred ham instead so that shred could do in for the lost damage. That's like trying to use hot flash without using a ice skill of using cruel blast without using avian. Any experienced and avid fox user would know this.

    This entire thread is nothing short but saying rhinos should be removed from the game at this point. The damage delt from juiced combo Is amongst the lowest of all classes, right above foxes and right below bears beck stomp. Charge L.1 and Charge L.10 is no difference in stats and juiced was nerfed down for it's damage twice. Removing the combo damage would just be taking ALL the damage from the combo itself and that won't do anything to solve the problem. Instead of blaming the class start blaming the sets and balances for having such extreme stats in HP, Damage, and a stupid set heal that gives every class a second heal. I already vsed your bird in honor with my rhino with both honor sets and I lost each time without getting a single killed. You've already seen me vs a 20 rhino with my 20 bird where you was me ahhnilate it as a 20 bird, a class rhinos would 10-0 in all levels but 45, 66, 76, and 77.

  12. #12
    Member Naetheanimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    132
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    38
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

    Default

    Nerf mage, nerf rhino, nerf fox, buff birds, why dont you ask for a new game? Why dont you ask for a L110 set stat rework? Not a nerf, just a rework, same on rhino skills, rhino has the weakest skill build, if u dont nuke with charge and redem you dont have more tools.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naetheanimal View Post
    Nerf mage, nerf rhino, nerf fox, buff birds, why dont you ask for a new game? Why dont you ask for a L110 set stat rework? Not a nerf, just a rework, same on rhino skills, rhino has the weakest skill build, if u dont nuke with charge and redem you dont have more tools.
    A REWORK? u know how much work that would be. What they even get in return? Your happiness? Hah. Irrelevant.
    Canít explain chess moves to Pokemon Go players.

  14. #14
    Member Naetheanimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    132
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    38
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

    Default

    Rework on stats is not impossible, idc about endgame anyway.

  15. #15
    Forum Adept MageFFA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Pangaea, Permian Epoch
    Posts
    275
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    57
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

    Default

    1v1ed a bear in honor using both 100 and 105 sets with my rhino, by this threads logic a op class. Casually gets beat. Came down to the point where he didn't even need to buff to beat me and have full hp. Yet rhinos are op guys. Total 1 shot 1 skill best class in the game no way it loses to anything. Gets 10-0ed by a bird in honor with both sets.

  16. #16
    Member Naetheanimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    132
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    38
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

    Default

    Why are you lying? In honor arena were sets are balanced, rhino is absolutely useless. 0 dmg 0 tankyness, add me, you can test yourself pvping my rhino, you will win every fight with any class.

    'Gear is what makes rhinos good, thats something ive learn over years, rhino itself is weak and has worst skills'

  17. #17
    Forum Adept SuperGotenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    433
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    106
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naetheanimal View Post
    Why are you lying? In honor arena were sets are balanced, rhino is absolutely useless. 0 dmg 0 tankyness, add me, you can test yourself pvping my rhino, you will win every fight with any class.

    'Gear is what makes rhinos good, thats something ive learn over years, rhino itself is weak and has worst skills'
    First of all, gear is what makes any class good. Second of all, Rhino is a support healer / tank, not an assassin. Never should a rhino two shot in pvp anywhere. Endgame pvp is relevant, not honor.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

  18. #18
    Senior Member Dolloway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Rockwall Forts
    Posts
    1,018
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    573
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    715
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGotenks View Post
    First of all, gear is what makes any class good. Second of all, Rhino is a support healer / tank, not an assassin. Never should a rhino two shot in pvp anywhere. Endgame pvp is relevant, not honor.
    The gear is what makes rhino two shot in pvp. Tone down the gear and the rhino won't two shot as in past endgame caps where rhino was exactly the same. Only difference before was that rhinos had a stronger redemption before being nerfed and still didn't two shot players with previous endgame gear.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Fwend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    758
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    103
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    337
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

    Default

    Again I do no evny the mammoth task pvpers have challenged for sts. To balance pvp

    I have no easy fix solutions to pvp and the never ending issues regarding imbalance.

    What I do think about is how any tweak for this, can not only affect pve but other levels all over as well as honor pvp. There is a cause and effect of any changes.

    I have no solution but to beat a dead horse and suggest honor pvp for an attempt for a more balanced pvp arena with no enchantments, everyone using similar gear to start on a more even playing field.

    However honor in itself is not entirely balanced amongst the classes either. Where Rhino 110 rules end game, it is a support class that can not kill others in honor.

    Good luck to sts trying to please our ever demanding pvp boisterous community.

  20. #20
    Forum Adept SuperGotenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    433
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    106
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    The gear is what makes rhino two shot in pvp. Tone down the gear and the rhino won't two shot as in past endgame caps where rhino was exactly the same. Only difference before was that rhinos had a stronger redemption before being nerfed and still didn't two shot players with previous endgame gear.
    Toning down the gear would make other classes significantly weaker as well so the problem will still persist. Maybe reduce set damage for rhinos only?
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Current State of PL
    By Baylakk in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-04-2018, 11:30 AM
  2. An analysis of PL's current state
    By Blyzzor in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-14-2017, 03:29 PM
  3. Current state of the server is woeful
    By Perceval in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2016, 10:06 PM
  4. My opinion on the current state of PvP
    By xbabybugszx in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 09:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •