Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Its a big day today :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

Hi Silentkill, yes there are good guilds who are on the leaderboard and I'm sure yours and Baron's are amongst them. 🙂
    Nice guild masters don't need to resort to unsavoury methods to keep their members..or carry pictures of the leaderboard around with them to bore people with. 😔

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

I’ve been in the top three guilds & what I will say is once I got into these guilds I did see a difference in leadership, recruitment, & guild mates... That being said I have never seen a master flex over their guild as hard on the forums as OP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Allset; 09-20-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    Does anyone other than guild masters care about the guild LB?

I've been in almost all top guilds in past few years: LS, DM, Emi, Eni, CU, Awak, etc, etc..

I have seen it all - the things GMs do to stay on top of the LB. Let me tell you none of them are clean.
    PvE/PvP dummy farming to get K/D ratios, botting APs, bribing and teaching officers to level toons and bot; poaching players by giving money or officer title, making players stay by flirting with them and doing "stuff"; keeping a blind eye on illegal things... the list goes on.

All of them have their own thing, everyone knows who they are and what they do, the truth is their reputation only stay good inside their guild, outside most of the players hate them. So they try very hard do everything possible to keep their guild from crumbling away. The ends justify the means, right?

My point is... people will see through your BS sooner or later, they always do. And when they do the standings will drop, it always does. [Source: History]
    That's a bit way too generalizing tbh. You didn't mention HS, but we are technically a "top guild" and have never done anything that you mentioned to improve our guild rank. In fact, we've always been against that and would kick anyone that doesn't behave, play fair, or respect the ToS. So yeah, a "top guild" and clean as F.
    Retired

5. The Following User Says Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    That's a bit way too generalizing tbh. You didn't mention HS, but we are technically a "top guild" and have never done anything that you mentioned to improve our guild rank. In fact, we've always been against that and would kick anyone that doesn't behave, play fair, or respect the ToS. So yeah, a "top guild" and clean as F.
    Yes I have to be generic because I don't have screenshots of every instance I experienced in past, I cannot take names and point fingers without proof. As I said we all know who they are and what they do.

I am sure there are exceptions, there will always be good guys, I am yet to see any in top 10 but I am sure everyone have their reasons. But understand that good doesn't need people to defend it, it will speak for itself. You don't have to prove me anything (even though I didn't mention your guild) - people around you knows better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Yes I have to be generic because I don't have screenshots of every instance I experienced in past, I cannot take names and point fingers without proof. As I said we all know who they are and what they do.

I am sure there are exceptions, there will always be good guys, I am yet to see any in top 10 but I am sure everyone have their reasons. But understand that good doesn't need people to defend it, it will speak for itself. You don't have to prove me anything (even though I didn't mention your guild) - people around you knows better.
    Excuse my little flex moment here seeing as it’s the trend at the moment but 5+ years consistently in the Top 10 guilds of AL... (was minor couple blips of coming off but over the years it happens) can double check the guilds date of birth which is 31-12-13 so will be 6 years at the end of this year..

Can check through old screen shots of lb ranks I used to post up from years ago in the guilds thread under the guilds section of the forums..

To say you don’t see ANY legit guilds in top 10 is rather contradicting when you’ve already said you’ve almost been too all which means you’ve not been to all of them and that’s also confirmed but you swerving me mentioning how you’ve not visited HS..

1 <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Excuse my little flex moment here seeing as it’s the trend at the moment but 5+ years consistently in the Top 10 guilds of AL... (was minor couple blips of coming off but over the years it happens) can double check the guilds date of birth which is 31-12-13 so will be 6 years at the end of this year..

Can check through old screen shots of lb ranks I used to post up from years ago in the guilds thread under the guilds section of the forums..

To say you don’t see ANY legit guilds in top 10 is rather contradicting when you’ve already said you’ve almost been too all which means you’ve not been to all of them and that’s also confirmed but you swerving me mentioning how you’ve not visited HS..

1 <3

I never said I've not visited HS, I only said don't try so hard to defend yourself if you haven't done anything wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

I never said I've not visited HS, I only said don't try so hard to defend yourself if you haven't done anything wrong.
    An you never said you had either ^.^

I do actually agree with that point you’re making however I’m not here trying to defend my/ourselves from anything... merely pointing out it’s unfair to give general public the idea that top 10 guilds are all shifty...

More than welcome to visit sometime and look around yourself or watch my live streams where all guild/officers chats etc open to the public to see (session earlier was 5 hours long all unfiltered and unedited )

But anyways shall leave it here now and bid you a good day ^.^

Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

What is the formula for creating and sustaining a successful guild? In all my Arlorian years, I've been in many guilds but only two felt like "home".
    Both had brilliant guildmasters but unfortunately real life caught up with them and sadly, through know fault of their own they had to relinquish leadership.
    I know being a gm can be stressful, all the private messages, decisions on who to promote, how many times a day to be online and active etc.
    The question I am asking is how do you get the balance right?
    It would be productive if someone gave out some advice. 🙂

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

With regards to my previous post..I needed to correct "know" to "no". For some reason I can't edit my posts. 😔

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    What is the formula for creating and sustaining a successful guild?
    1) Only create a guild if you have a lot of time in hand, the more the merrier. Because initially you will have to do everything on your own.
    2) Know the game: learn all the classes, understand professions, read forums, in short know anything/everything about the game.
    2) Decide what kind of guild you want to make? A chill hangout place? A competitive guild? A guild only for merchants? or One for specific language? or may be for specific region or timezone?
    3) Set rules and follow them. Yes you have to follow them as well, you cannot be above the law.
    4) Advertise it right: Remember that guild is a place for players to get together; people with similar mindset, similar ideas and goals will create a more friendly environment and are more likely to stay there forever.
    5) Take feedbacks. Don't get defensive on criticism, try to locate and understand the cause of distress.
    6) Make sure there is stuff to do, especially when there are no game events/expansion. Have guild events, or weekend runs. For example: you can have weekly runs to raise gold for your guild bank and then use that gold to arrange a competition.
    7) Don't go mad with power.

The question I am asking is how do you get the balance right?
    1) If you followed the above right then you will have recruiters who will add more members of similar mindset = less chaos = less PMs.
    2) Put criteria for an Officer promotion, for example: a former recruiter + trustworthy + willingness to help others.
    3) Don't be a Boss, be a Leader, and lead by example. Don't just talk the talk always walk the walk. If you don't do it, you can not expect your officers/recruiters/member to do it.
    4) Learn to delegate: If you did a good job with (2) then you will have people who willing to help you, delegate things with them. Eventually your goal is to create an environment where you don't have to be the point of contact for everything, a place where everyone is willing to help anyone (especially when you are offline).
    5) Learn to be assertive (situational but required).
    6) Practice appreciating in public (use /g), and always criticize in private (use /t). Make your officers and members follow the same.
    7) Always get advice from /o. But remember a counsel is only as wise as its members so be careful with (2).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts

I mean all those people saying "I was in all top guilds and I've seen this that and that". But... what does that say about you guildhopping? Rather stick to 1, meet cool people, make friends and carry on.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Well I have never had to defend our guild because no one really said anything about us until now. You just included us in a group where we don’t belong, and of course I will defend. Now in this post you said you have yet to see any good guys in top 10, that automatically means HS too. You’re saying you can just make up BS and if we defend ourself we are automatically bad guys?

Give me one proof where HS did anything to be considered “bad guys”, otherwise stop the BS and grow up. And no, we’re not trying “too hard” to defend; literally just asking for one example to make your point valid, and you’re not providing it.
    Last edited by arcanefid; 09-21-2019 at 05:45 AM.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

Still didn't get my question answered but never mind.
    Nobody has taken into consideration the individual player's needs anyway. Some people like a large active guild, some like a small friendly guild. It's all down to preference and what floats your boat.
    I can't abide guild events while some people enjoy them for instance. Also age and location play a part as does the culture of guilds. When I say culture, I don't mean country...I mean common interests.
    I miss the last guild I was in very much, it was like a family and I'd been there for a long time. Now I'm all at sea as what to do. No guild could even come close to it as far as I'm concerned but maybe some people would have preferred something different. By the way, that guild was on the leader board but we didn't make a big thing about it..we just enjoyed the camaraderie and fun of running maps together and relaxing too. We come from all different walks of life but found our common ground.
    Unfortunately, our wonderful guild master has real life issues and he has had to relinquish leadership. He was the mainstay, the reason we had such a great guild, he kept us all together and never pressured us in any way. We all loved him..still do.
    So, if you have a good guild and you're happy where you are, savour it and don't take it for granted. Stop comparing your guilds because not everyone is the same or has the same tastes.
    As for people who guild hop, I pity them.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Still didn't get my question answered but never mind.
    Nobody has taken into consideration the individual player's needs anyway. Some people like a large active guild, some like a small friendly guild. It's all down to preference and what floats your boat.
    I can't abide guild events while some people enjoy them for instance. Also age and location play a part as does the culture of guilds. When I say culture, I don't mean country...I mean common interests.
    I miss the last guild I was in very much, it was like a family and I'd been there for a long time. Now I'm all at sea as what to do. No guild could even come close to it as far as I'm concerned but maybe some people would have preferred something different. By the way, that guild was on the leader board but we didn't make a big thing about it..we just enjoyed the camaraderie and fun of running maps together and relaxing too. We come from all different walks of life but found our common ground.
    Unfortunately, our wonderful guild master has real life issues and he has had to relinquish leadership. He was the mainstay, the reason we had such a great guild, he kept us all together and never pressured us in any way. We all loved him..still do.
    So, if you have a good guild and you're happy where you are, savour it and don't take it for granted. Stop comparing your guilds because not everyone is the same or has the same tastes.
    As for people who guild hop, I pity them.
    Sent a pm <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

as someone who's been in the guild for a long *** time, the truth is that we just kick out the bad (low aps, low level, low pve/pvp) players and that way we get high on lb. maybe you've had some bad experience but we don't do that here and I.S.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsanitrisesAL View Post
    Yes but this screen shots shows me being rude ? no that was you
    No you were not rude at all. But it doesn’t have anything to do with being rude. It has more to do with you trying to poach me when I don’t even know you or play AL with you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    I mean all those people saying "I was in all top guilds and I've seen this that and that". But... what does that say about you guildhopping? Rather stick to 1, meet cool people, make friends and carry on.
    There is a difference between hopping back and forth between guilds and finding the right place. It took me a long time, joining and leaving multiple guilds until I finally found a guild that shares the same ideas and goals as mine, and I ll stay with them untill end of my journey or this game. Its something people sticking to the 1st guild they find wont understand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allset View Post
    No you were not rude at all. But it doesn’t have anything to do with being rude. It has more to do with you trying to poach me when I don’t even know you or play AL with you...

If you don't like pms from strangers theres and option to turn it off , I can recruit how I want ^-^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

As always enjoy hehe
    Last edited by InsanitrisesAL; 09-21-2019 at 11:06 AM. Reason: :p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentkill View Post
    Lock it down, Remiem.
    Too much drama incoming
    Best to let them blow off some steam tbh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk