Thread: Arena is a bugged mess.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Default Arena is a bugged mess.

Hello,

I hope to get some help here because me and 2 friends are slowly losing hope.
    3 days ago we started running for the arena lb, we didnt make it yet of course it takes practice.

Over time we noticed the timer and the mage where you continue the fights is completely bugged, and I mean it.

Because of this, in 40 minutes we can do maybe 5 actual runs with completion, and thats simply because we have to remap over, and over, and over again until we find a starting timer that is good.

I will explain how the optimum starting timer would look like: Boss spawns, timer doesnt begin yet, timer only begins once u hit the boss or when pet attacks, so in order to get the best time, u just one shot the boss with 1 aimed and your door (your portal guy) starts the next boss immediately.

However, above timer is rare and completely random. BUT, IN ORDER TO GET ON LB, u need exact said timer! Without this timer, u have to remap again, and again, and again, until you found this timer again.

So, its really frustrating that its completely up to timer rng. Sometimes we need to remap 10 times in a row. Or even more.

I just want to ask is there something we are missing? We tried like 300 different things to figure out why the timer sometimes starts sooner, sometimes starts later, and sometimes only starts when u attack boss (in the 1st boss scenario)

NOTE that what Im saying is only applying to the timer before the 1st boss.

However the timers for the other bosses are bugged too, the boss isnt vulnerable when the screen says fight, but tbh I dont care about that I can get used to that and after time the timing will be there.

But the 1st bugged needs to be fixed or arena lb runs are a pain. Make it fair for everyone.
    Either make the timer start as soon as the screen says fight, or dont make the timer start until something hits the boss like an arrow for example. There should be no inbetween, decide for one of these 2 as it should be.

There are the most hilarious things people say will work, but none actually work.
    Some players which are on lb say “Hug the wall or timer start sooner” or “pet off at first boss or timer start” or “dont pierce in map or timer will start sooner” or “u need to stand on xy coordinates in order to not activate the timer”. And if AT LEAST THAT would work, I wouldnt mind, but it doesnt,! Sometimes it does, bit sometimes it doesnt. Im so lost.

Another bug is that you get double dialogues when tapping the “yes we are ready” screen which also costs milliseconds or maybe even half a second.

I hope someone here has an answer on what is going on in arena.
    U can try it yourself for 10 runs, and you will see a lot of times the timer will be bugged, and you will not know why.
    It just sucks when u put hours and hours and hours of effort into smth, and u cant even start the thing because theres a bug with maybe a hidden secret at the beginning.

Thanks for reading, please comment.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silentkill For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

@Futumsh pls look into ty. It cant be intended this way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I dont often agree with things like this but you're right.
    This is a nuisance and should most definately be looked into.
    A few weeks ago some guy complained about a banner being faced the wrong way when placing when you could turn it around in a matter of seconds and it was fixed faster than you could type fix.
    So this should be looked into even faster.

Cheers,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts

You do realize it's been same with arena since it got released and what are you trying to insist now is "can u fix the arena for us because we are trying to get on Lb since 3 days and we can't get a record?".
    When you actually try to start a timer without touching the boss, you know that the fact when the spider drops or if the stone behind the boss triggers it itself cause everyone to remap? Not just you have to deal with such thing I believe.

Also the part with:

|Hug the wall or timer start sooner” or “pet off at first boss or timer start” or “dont pierce in map or timer will start sooner” or “u need to stand on xy coordinates in order to not activate the timer”| <- yes that does work lol

Arena is fine, this is anyone's fault that you can't figure out yourself how to manage a good strategy. You talk about putting hours and hours? There are people putting months and months also years and years into the timed records. Respect those.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Here is advice from someone who holds the #1 time on the map. Instead of blindly just running the map over and over again. Study the map a little and discover some tricks before trying again.

And the tricks you mentioned that "dont work" do in fact work. I'm kind of shocked to see you got information on how to run a significant portion of that maps leaderboard and still think something is wrong with the map.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spheresome For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post
    Here is advice from someone who holds the #1 time on the map. Instead of blindly just running the map over and over again. Study the map a little and discover some tricks before trying again.

And the tricks you mentioned that "dont work" do in fact work. I'm kind of shocked to see you got information on how to run a significant portion of that maps leaderboard and still think something is wrong with the map.
    I dont see what you mean. We tried it and it doesnt work.
    And this doesnt change the fact that arena is broken.
    And how would anyone without the knowledge of a lb runner realize that you should not pierce before the map so the timer doesnt start? What does rogue skill pierce have to do with the timer? Nothing. If it affects the timer, its a bug.
    I appreciate your reply though

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post

Also, you are holding the #1 because you are 1) a good player 2) have skills and patience and 3) know the trick

Me and my friends have 1) and 2) too and if we wouldnt hit the lb because our skills lack, I would not complain at all because its on our end and we have to improve.
    But when you barely get a chance because we are missing 3) not knowing the “trick” which is simply a bug and surely not intended, thats when I get upset and make a forum post

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Didnt notice the buggg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Here is the trick:
    1) Get a player in your party who has less than 100ms latency. The lower the better.
    2) The low ping player will be spamming Hox to open portal.
    3) The rest of the party stands on the right hand side near the pillar. The party must be able to kill the boss in 1 sec (crit pets will help if you are low level).

But I see you mentioned: "However the timers for the other bosses are bugged too, the boss isnt vulnerable when the screen says fight, but tbh I dont care about that I can get used to that and after time the timing will be there."

This is caused by latency too, this means you will need a lower ping player on your attack side as well. If the latency of the player on attack side is less than 50ms then for him the boss will be ready when it says Fight.

I timed this map many times, there is nothing to study there, its all about doing it again and again until you get a map with bosses with no mobs + having a low ping player spamming the portal as fast as s/he can.

Why latency matters?
    Because latency is calculated in ms (millisecond), anything under 100ms is reasonable, latency less than 50ms (preferably 30ms) will give you the real time advantage.
    In arena every sec you lose interacting with Hox or killing the boss (in 1 shot) costs you on completion time, its hard to find many players with such awesome latency, and that is one of the reasons why you see same people carry different groups on the arena LB.

I know its not fair for players who aren't close to the server so I think there is one design change that devs can make that will make it a bit fair, i.e., make the boss spawn automatically after the 1st one.

Good luck.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Genius For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Ive been running lb arena and i actually got banners lol this isnt any bug or anything, this is how we had to run it too until we got on lb, remap endless, took hrs, if you are not committed to running lb then dont run it. Everyone went through the same thing, just because you are not able to make it doesnt mean it should be "fix" so ur team can get on lb....

Sent from my SM-M105M using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

STS changed the way the arena timer works about a year ago. I think it was about the same time sts fixed the cryo worms mob count. Before sts changed the timer in the arena you could start damaging the bosses when the timer hit 1 & that's a fact because I use to do it...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Thanks for your input I think all has been said. <3

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey there you been begging around a lot of people for arena @ spy.. in game. You should ask me and my team of pros, boa demon etc.. WE op cheaters/ gold buyers and stuff. Also we have endroid, who wants banners to sell his account soon when he quits.. we can help all cheaters in game.. come join me Stsgrump yo!! this game doing down.. might as well go down cheating all Lbs.