Thread: Do you want Guild LB to continue?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Simply the reason for any leaderboards realistically is simply a form of “showing off”.

Be it player ones or guild ones

Guild leaderboards of course one of the easiest to achieve and for some people that will be there main achievement because they won’t be able to get onto any other leaderboards (heck even myself included as I sure as hell don’t have the patience or skill to be a lb runner)

Now weighing out if it’s needed at all...

For new starters I think they are great, end of the day if you and a couple friends decide to make s guild and even just want to appear in the top 50 your going to have to learn to get a little better.. won’t be as much as making it to player lbs however you and your friends will have to learn to improve and will have to learn to be more social with others as well.

You take that away you won’t have much of a reason to really to push for improving maybe let alone making a guild, why? End of the day we all enjoy and like the bit of recognition and attention it can bring(not excluding the rare few who do like just grinding because they find it fun).

I think the problems start to arise as you move up within the leaderboards and you start getting too greedy and egos get inflated too much. They start thinking they better than others, make more exclusions for people joining and only expect and want the “pro” player mentality because primary goal ends up being keep guild top leaderboard.

Unfortunately people forget to stay humble and become elitist which then has too many egos clashing and why a lot of those kinds of guilds start breaking apart from within.

It’s all a matter of balance if you want harmony. Nothing wrong with guild leaderboards and most of the toxicity and dramas you’ll usually find the higher up the ranks you go.. not the case every time as if some of those guilds didn’t find the right balance a lot of them would have been disbanded along time ago.

Leaderboards arnt essential but great way to get a group of people to aim towards a collective goal to improve themselves. After that would fall down to core members of the guild which direction it takes, its healthy however as mentioned to bring in new people as stops not only being boring but it can help keep people humble and remind them of they’re own roots... but too many and not enough and you’ll feel like your carrying players and not actually growing yourself..

For the sake of argument tho because of a bit of dramas created usually by the “top 10” listed guilds.. we are almost forgetting there is another 40 guilds that make up that entire leaderboard.

Keep leaderboards and just learn to stay classy and humble

1<3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did get fed up with all the drama of the guild leaderboards the other day and suggested they may be not necessary and abolish them.
    After reading your post it brought back memories of when I belonged to a special guild that was humble and classy. Although we didn't strive to be on the leaderboard, we did get there and when it was noticed and announced, the feeling of pride was great.
    We kept there, sometimes dropped down but there was no shame in that and we even forgot to check the lb most weeks.
    Yes..keep them, even if it's just for the memories of someone posting in guildchat, " Hey, check the lb, we went up 2 places, wow". All of us dashing to the lb..oh dear.. I made myself cry..I want our guild back so much 😢

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post: