Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: Do you want Guild LB to continue?

  1. #41
    Senior Member Willl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Behind you =)
    Posts
    893
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    183
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    240
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    No one is assuming here. Its a fact that majority of the players wont like to farm PVE kills if it isn't for guilds recruitment requirement. Similarly someone stated founding date should not be there as a parameter. You are saying people shouldn't voice their concern because it will affect your agenda, let me guess you are a GM of one of the top 5 Guilds. Arent you?


    I don't think that's how things work here.



    That is your personal perception, you are only thinking as a GM, but my perception involves the overall mood of the common.
    Also, there is already a discussion going on the forum, If you like to discuss it then you should be commenting on that thread. Commenting about other topics here will serve no good.
    There is no majority of people here who said its right to delete pve kills from lb guild rank or that lb rank system should be changed. That was what me and many others are talking about.


    Also I must correct you even on the quantity of players that wanna farm pve kills, I see and appreciate players who farm 150k pve kills to be able to join my guild or friends and guildies who try reach 1m pve kills causenthey like read 1000000 kils..they do and work on it, daily

    No need a "genious" to know who I am, its written with capital letter.
    Underline who I am as you did looks like you re saying im giving a reply to give support to my own interests, but, if you pay attention to my first post you will notice I dont do that, and all could notice it (in case that s what u were assuming, correct if im wrong).

    Some are still able to give own opinion separating it by own interests for game benefits.

    The reason why I said a sentence refered to other topic, (the expansion) is just a way as many other said here..that this topic its not what community is interested on, and we all said it. We listen people voice, I did and you?

    Anyway welcome to the forums genious! Hope I can say it and its not out of topic :/
    Last edited by Willl; 10-03-2019 at 12:18 PM.

  2. #42
    Senior Member BaronB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Cloud420,England
    Posts
    851
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    435
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    542
    Thanked in
    244 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    So the question is what kind of parameter changes are required.
    Only parameter that needs to change is peopleís attitudes.

    Again. The system isnít broken.

    What exactly is the problem really if a guild has a requirement of 100k pve kills to join, or must have positive KDR to be able to join.

    If they get on the leaderboards then thatís great it puts them in the spot light and when people ask to join and find out the requirements they will either

    1. Be put off and find somewhere else to join
    2. End up even more determined to want to join and will work their fingers off tapping away to meet the requirements of the guild they are s fan of

    What is seems to be insinuated now is that everything should just be given to everyone on s platter if they want it.

    To that i say a very firm No to.

    Just like itís already been said and agreed competition and challenges are healthy, letís not then contradict ourselves so foolishly and try to say now changes need to be made to something that isnít broken.


    There is absolutely nothing wrong with people having to earn their way to a guild and just as equally nothing wrong with letting no one but newbies into a guild.. what matters is we have the ability to make that choice and suffer the consequences or reap the rewards of those choices.

    The system has a solid foundation and no matter what changes are made to it the problems youíre asking for a resolution for will always be there as the changes that need to be made need to come from within.

    The kinds of threads that should be created are ďhow can we be more decent to one another, or more understanding and supportive?Ē

    Once most of you end up nailing that, you too will realise actually there isnít anything wrong here in the first place and realise with just the minor bs that can be seen here sometimes, can actually have quite a lot of fun in a game thatís actually pretty f***ing cool.




    *drops mic*

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:


  4. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    76
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiasaria View Post
    the guild lb keep people playing, make them willing to do those boring elite kills aps. obviously those just happen during dead weeks
    I agree that APs should be a part of Guild LB, because (if not all) most require skills and dedicated time to complete. That's why as a start I only mentioned removal of PVE kills. And perhaps guild founding date if majority agrees, though I would like to know the significance of this parameter.

  5. #44
    Senior Member Dalmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    644
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    214
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    360
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    I think its been mentioned by many that its the parameters of the Guild LB that drives the Guilds to have a "number" requirement. Which is why the blame is on system
    This isn't quite right.... Myself and a couple of others in this thread are actually saying that the guild lb is nothing to do with why guilds have a numbers driven requirement.

    The numbers driven requirement is because some guilds want a certain type or calibre of player to join, and (rightly or wrongly so) they set their requirements so as only to allow people in who have achieved certain things. Its up to them - it's their guild.

    I personally don't care where a guild is on the lb- I like a guild with some good chat, no spam/annoying guild chat, guildies who party together and support each other, and
    a GM who genuinly cares about the guild and is an active participant just like everyone else rather than just being in it for the "status" it gives them.

    I can confidently say that while C.U. has a numbers based requirement for example, the guild generally doesnt care or push for lb at all. Its even full of everyones 3 hc toons each, which all have terrible stats where lb is concerned - lol

    People knew who the "big" guilds were before lb came and they'd know if it disappeared. Before guild lb there were simply guild threads on forum stating requirements to enter. The numbers=value mentality is embedded into the game.

    The guild lb doesnt "cause" imho any of the problems or toxicity that you've mentioned. Not saying they aren't valid, but that removing guild lb will have no impact in it.


    Your question is posed in an odd way-

    There is (issues) in game caused by guild lb, therefore we should delete it. Please discuss, or if think guild lb should stay then prove why it should stay.

    The whole OP is based on the (false) premise that the guild lb causes the issues in the first place...

    Maybe it's time to reposition the question to:

    "There are (issues) in the game: what causes them and how can we solve them?"








    Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

  6. #45
    Senior Member arcanefid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,210
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    123
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    652
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

    Default

    I didn't read through the thread, but it's funny to see that one random guy started all this for literally no reason.

    The guilds are fine, they've been OK for as long as I remember, just some random drama threads shouldn't lead to this.

    To answer the topic question, yes, I think Guild LB should continue just as it is.


  7. #46
    Banned Overgrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Forest of Shades
    Posts
    499
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    162
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    146
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    This post is a fallacy. You need take a break, perhaps have some tea, learn about things that goes around you and get a better perspective on life. May be then we can have a rational conversation (may be). I will ignore the future comments from you if they are going to be drafted the same way.
    I'm just being straight to the point, accept the truth that no one wants the changes you know a right changes, leave alone the current system, most of the reply is against your idea.

    Just stop and leave the Guild LB, I apologise for the construction of my replies I just don't have time to construct fancy words for "No, Stop"

    Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Overgrown For This Useful Post:


  9. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    122
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    123
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

    Default Do you want Guild LB to continue?

    For start
    I dont see reason for that topic to be raised and tbh it was pumped up tho its not reasonable
    So... i was forced to comment on some points i read


    First of all AL is originally based on competition.. accomplishing tasks.. having fun.. meet ppl .. socialize...
    So when u come out of no where wanting to delete one of its basics.... i see that out of issue


    Devs all time are working to pull players with all ways they can to keep game going and they keep adding new ideas .. new maps.. new aps ... new every thing to keep game interesting in all ways and meet all tastes and u come so simple saying ( remove guilds lb. delete competition ) dude u r hilariously funny

    Plus.. AL have all kind of guilds ... from the most op to the minimum nab
    You can choose whatever it suit ur abilities and taste
    And leave others choose too

    Most AL players like challenge ... completing .. achieving goals.. staying op.. staying top .. and that cant be achieved or lets say harder to achieve if u dont have group of ppl that share u with ur same interest and give many varieties as possible to players to meet there different goals (which is called lb guilds)

    U gave a very good example for non leader board guild that also op players ď purgeĒ but they are op in one field.. they like it.. they master it ... they rule... but still they serve only one field in AL

    Plus

    U mentioned new players that doesnt have complete requirements for joining lb guilds.. dont u see that as new player its easier to have list of top 50 guilds to try to choose one of them better than keep hooping from guild to other all over AL till he finally find his way?!!!! Maybe lucky and meet his guild in his number 500 join or maybe doomed and meet his guild in number 62627737372626 join.....

    I hope my point is clear and find urself a non tension guild or social guild if u r so much tired from pressure of competing.... AL is a wide wide place you know

    And let tension and pressure and hard work to ppl who like

    Peace.
    Last edited by fatmaek; 10-03-2019 at 08:50 PM.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatmaek For This Useful Post:


  11. #48
    Senior Member Allset's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Razor's Edge
    Posts
    747
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    100
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    178
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    I honor your personal opinion, but I play MMOs created by some of the big studios and they dont have a LB system and things are just fine there. LB system has nothing to do with drama. Anyway, if you read my last followup post I recognized the point many mentions here that Guild LB is required for competition, but at the same time the posts on this thread suggest that to change the perception required the change in system because as pointed out by other the system created the perception.

    So the question is what kind of parameter changes are required.
    I would stop to argue about this but there is no point in it. We have different opinions on this subject. But I would like to know the name of the guild you are associated with? If any...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  12. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    76
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Only parameter that needs to change is people¬’s attitudes.
    ........*drops mic*
    This is what I get after de-cluttering your post:
    1) Its not an issue with the system.
    2) The issue is with the players.

    And I believe your response to my question: "How would you make people change their perception given the current scenario?" is:

    "
    The system has a solid foundation and no matter what changes are made to it the problems you¬’re asking for a resolution for will always be there as the changes that need to be made need to come from within.

    The kinds of threads that should be created are ¬“how can we be more decent to one another, or more understanding and supportive?”
    "

  13. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    76
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Overgrown View Post
    I'm just being straight to the point, accept the truth that no one wants the changes you know a right changes, leave alone the current system, most of the reply is against your idea.

    Just stop and leave the Guild LB, I apologise for the construction of my replies I just don't have time to construct fancy words for "No, Stop"

    Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk
    I would take a straight forward "No, stop" any-day over a fallacy or rude reply. Thank you for taking time to tone your reply right.

  14. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    76
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    I didn't read through the thread,
    You should read through, it will give you perspective on the subject in hand.

    Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    but it's funny to see that one random guy started all this for literally no reason.
    Aren't we all some random guy on Internet? BTW, there is always a reason behind everything I do, and so far everything is going according to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    The guilds are fine, they've been OK for as long as I remember, just some random drama threads shouldn't lead to this.

    To answer the topic question, yes, I think Guild LB should continue just as it is.
    Thanks for the reply.

  15. #52
    Banned Overgrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Forest of Shades
    Posts
    499
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    162
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    146
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

    Default

    I therefore conclude, there's no point in removing Guild LB (based on facts from other members of this forum)

    Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

  16. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    76
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Overgrown View Post
    I therefore conclude, there's no point in removing Guild LB (based on facts from other members of this forum)

    Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk
    Sorry, but you do not have the authority to conclude my thread, this is an open forum kindly respect everyone's opinion.
    Also, I haven't read the long posts that were posted yesterday yet. I will go through them and there will be possible rebuts.

    Though I am curious why the members of LS are trying to suppress this thread and pushing for closure. If you do not like this thread you should just ignore it instead of telling me to shut-up, Thank you.

  17. #54
    Senior Member Willl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Behind you =)
    Posts
    893
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    183
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    240
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

    Default

    I think you are not really good at reading or accept others opinion. Pretty curious why your replies takes as target only a group of people, you keep try resume what other people are saying but the truth is that you just wanna put your words, your toughts..in other mouths, cause this is actually what you are doing.

    Also you read/consider only some post, but as you said to Fid: before reply you should have a wide perspective of all has been written.

    In case you did not notice its not just LS who do not agree with your idea, maybe you are not well informed, maybe too new to know who they are (altough all have a signature) so I help you: high society disagree with you aswell and also a member of chivalrous union seems to not agree with what you are saying.
    Actually its just you trying to make this thread bigger..but the truth is that none cares..the only reason why we are replying its cause you are saying things not true underlining its community toughts but its your toughts, that s all.

    Wanna continue? Keep going but dont say lies only to attract replies, thank you
    Last edited by Willl; 10-04-2019 at 02:59 AM.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willl For This Useful Post:


  19. #55
    Senior Member Susanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    75
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    593
    Thanked in
    331 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    Sorry, but you do not have the authority to conclude my thread, this is an open forum kindly respect everyone's opinion.
    Also, I haven't read the long posts that were posted yesterday yet. I will go through them and there will be possible rebuts.

    Though I am curious why the members of LS are trying to suppress this thread and pushing for closure. If you do not like this thread you should just ignore it instead of telling me to shut-up, Thank you.
    It always happens, they get all riled up and overdo it with loads of daft emotes and memes and really, all they're doing is trying to outdo each other with fancy words and grammer.
    I wouldn't bother trying to read through the long posts, I did and they're boring and gave me a headache. They never come straight to the point.
    I'll come straight to the point, leaderboards are obsolete nowadays, that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
    Keep them for those who like them if it makes them happy...if you don't like them, be like me and just go around shooting things.
    It's whatever floats your boat. I'm totally over being serious about a game now. I honestly can't believe I actually got emotional over a guild! The power of the pixels!
    Have a good day. 🙂 (One emote suffices)

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:


  21. #56
    Senior Member Susanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    75
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    593
    Thanked in
    331 Posts

    Default

    I spelt Grammar wrong. I can't edit my posts and I'm not the only person to be unable to. Why?

  22. #57
    Senior Member arcanefid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,210
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    123
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    652
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    You should read through, it will give you perspective on the subject in hand.


    Aren't we all some random guy on Internet? BTW, there is always a reason behind everything I do, and so far everything is going according to it.



    Thanks for the reply.
    I meant random guy as in “you know who”, lol. Now I read some of the posts, I still have the same opinion though.

    I have tried so many games and if there is one reason why I still play AL, it’s mostly because of the social features that it has. I don’t think there is a need to fix something that isn’t broken.


  23. The Following User Says Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:


  24. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    76
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    @Will: Practice what you preach.

    I am only going to take your opinion into consideration IF you are going to respect mine. If you fail to do so then I will ignore your reply. After that don't create a fuss saying I am not accounting your opinion.

    If you actually read the posts on this thread you will see that I am appreciating both sides of the coin. You and your gang are the one who is doing personal attacks on me in the aid of the topic. Be civilized and only talk about the subject, no need to comment on me or my opinion, just talk about yours. Now, please know your boundary and back off.

    @Sussan: Thank you, its good to see that people on this forum are able to see through this BS
    I feel their idea is to trigger me to create drama and push this thread to get locked. I am told that's how most of the threads get dismissed on this forum. Is it true?
    Last edited by Genius; 10-04-2019 at 07:14 AM.

  25. #59
    Banned Overgrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Forest of Shades
    Posts
    499
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    162
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    146
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    Sorry, but you do not have the authority to conclude my thread, this is an open forum kindly respect everyone's opinion.
    Also, I haven't read the long posts that were posted yesterday yet. I will go through them and there will be possible rebuts.

    Though I am curious why the members of LS are trying to suppress this thread and pushing for closure. If you do not like this thread you should just ignore it instead of telling me to shut-up, Thank you.
    You ain't respecting anyone's opinion back you just keep pushing your ideology and keep believing what your doing is righteous, most of your arguments are out of context and most of the people already voiced out that there is no existing problem about the guild requirements and the Guild LB.

    We all want a better AL, but this thing you pushing will not do anything good in it.

    On the LS side, it just happen we browsing the forums and found an interesting thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    If you do not like this thread you should just ignore it instead of telling me to shut-up, Thank you.
    Why we will ignore such a ridiculous thing? that may kill the game?



    P.S. I'm just wondering, why not use your real account (forum account)? and show us your IGN and the guild where you belong, so that if we met in-game we can talk about it, its hard to ignore that you sound like an experienced player, using dummy account for your hidden motives and interests.
    Last edited by Overgrown; 10-04-2019 at 07:26 AM.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Overgrown For This Useful Post:


  27. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    76
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    @Fatmaek: I was going to unclutter your post to take out all the important points you might have mentioned.

    Quote Originally Posted by fatmaek View Post
    For start
    I dont see reason for that topic to be raised and tbh it was pumped up tho its not reasonable
    So... i was forced to comment on some points i read


    First of all AL is originally based on competition.. accomplishing tasks.. having fun.. meet ppl .. socialize...
    So when u come out of no where wanting to delete one of its basics.... i see that out of issue


    Devs all time are working to pull players with all ways they can to keep game going and they keep adding new ideas .. new maps.. new aps ... new every thing to keep game interesting in all ways and meet all tastes and u come so simple saying ( remove guilds lb. delete competition ) dude u r hilariously funny
    But I am sorry, I stopped reading your post here. And my response to your post is:
    1) You haven't read all the posts on this thread.
    2) Dude you are hilariously funny.

    Lesson: You don't have to mock others to put your point forward, Thank you

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Should I Continue?
    By fruitbattwo in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 12:04 AM
  2. Should I continue AL?
    By Spyce in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 02:03 PM
  3. Why do I continue to PvP?
    By XghostzX in forum PL Player vs. Player Discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 10:48 PM
  4. Continue map
    By LADYHADASSA in forum SL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 08:10 PM
  5. What do I need to buy to continue?
    By fishingrules in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 12:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •