Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
IMHO removing the guild lb will also reduce the unhealthy activities associated with it like (CTF/TDM Flag/Kill farming, PVE Kill farming, leveling dummy accounts for activity and aps.. etc). This will also change the perspective of players, they will finally see the quality of the player instead of numbers and ratios when recruiting.
Mine and others arguments are still relevant to the discussion because of the above, which is what you've cited as your reason for removing guild lb - that removing it will change the perspectives of players.

I guess my point of view is that the "perspective of players" you describe is totally unrelated to lb, more to do with each player (and therefore guild) having their own individual goals that don't involve slowing ones progress to continuously help & teach others. (Personally I'm okay with doing it but I get that for most its not their cup of tea).

This is entertainment and not everyone's definition of that is teaching other new players; that should be incorporated by the game designers... to teach, entice and lead new players towards sticking with and mastering the game through adequacy, reward, progression, and provision of just enough resources to lead a new player up to end game.

Guild leaderboard isn't causing that harm you've described. There is a problem with player segregation yes..... But I don't think it's related to guild lb at all.

All nostalgia & optimism aside... efforts by devs into improving how new players are taught and how they progress is the more useful thing route to go here.

Removing guild lb, in my opinion, would probs just go unnoticed by the majority of players and would be missing the mark.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk