Thread: Expansion Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Expansion Feedback

Hello there,
    I have a few things to suggest and talk about this expansion.

First of all, the new town, Vardan Valley Towne, looks very good, there aren't any recolors, it reminds me of Brackenridge, but that's okay. The tents, unfinished houses and walls are beautiful and it looks like you invested a lot of time into it.

One thing I don't like at all is, that there is just a single map, the Mogera Lair. Yes there are a few other maps you can play, but those are restricted to portals that are open for 24 hours, which have to be opened again. What is the point of this? I would prefer to be able to enter any time I want to.

The next thing about the Mogera Lair I don't like is the design of the map. There are narrow paths without any space to the side through almost the entire map. There are a few small gemstones and vases which have been copied from graveyard and mausoleum maps on the way. Why does it have to be copied? It wouldn't disturb anyone if these vases weren't there at all. The map is very long, which annoys me, a shorter way with more open space like Shadow Plains or Rockhorn Summit would be more pleasant to play. The Mogera race itself looks well designed, but the brown of the map is painful to look at. This may be only true for me, but i hate the greyish-brown background of these maps, too. Couldn't we have something to look at there, which would make the map more fun to run?

The difficulty of the Mogera map is acceptable, considering it's just a normal map, but couldn't we have an elite version with good drops like arcane or heroic eggs, which are beneficial for aps, too? People have been asking for new dungeons like Planar Tombs or a new Arena Map for a long time, which could easily fit into this expansion, together with a few more maps? We need a reason to farm these maps and the way it is right now, I don't see any reason i would need better tbh and I'm playing with 3.5k damage as a rogue.

Since there is no reason to play the Mogera Lair and there neither is a good gold/egg/gear drop and the tokens aren't useful at all, I doubt anybody will run this map. The XP gain is below Festerfang Swamp, too and the design of the map is boring.

The temporary maps are a bit better to loon at, than the Mogera Lair, but not really pleasant either. The gathering system is something I really hated and I was sad to see you brought it back this expansion, I don't really want to gather anything, I want to have fun in these maps. Jord Skratch is a good idea as a boss, it is the best thing I've seen so far in this expansion. Protecting these houses isn't a bad idea either, but Skull-Dozer is rather a badly made boss, because he either kills you immediately when you don't know the mechanics or you just run away and he deals no damage at all and is killed rather easily. I don't really like or dislike the idea of not being able to respawn in these maps, so I won't say anything about that.

I didn't see the third extra map, which opens after farming these other temporary maps yet, but I don't have to, because these maps we have are disappointing and I doubt many people will play them, so it will take quite some time until it opens and I don't see any sense in waiting for extra maps as mentioned before, even though this map might be the only one I enjoy playing.

In general, I'm rather disappointed of this expansion, because nothing of it makes me have fun, while playing and i feel like working, rather than playing, while leveling there. I might even feel like I have some leisure time, when I'm at work after playing there, because I have to force myself to do it, instead of enjoying it.

I really loved the design ofKraken and Tindirin maps and the difficulty elite maps had at these caps, which isn't here in the slightest nowadays. Last cap farming Orrick and Hydra was a fun thing to do, this expansion I don't really have anything at all.

As mentioned before, a new Underground Arena like the one in Kraag, where you can farm your Nekro egg, or the planar pendant are missing entirely. Quests like these would be fun to have. Farmable endgame equipment, instead of gold would be a nice change, too. There isn't anything to try and bring PvP back, either. Instead, the new cap just separates players into more levels.

If there ever is a new expansion, please consider taking more time and add things players want and give them a reason to run these maps.

Sorry for the long read.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pxoo For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Expansion is bad, they know it’s bad... they’re not going to change it. They’ve gotten too lazy since Cap 46. It’s sad to see a great game go to waste lol. Sad very sad. This expansion was a waste of time,

they could have done more with their time tbh, like making new Legendary weapons with good procs, new vanities and armors, BUT ACTUALLY PUTTING TIME INTO THEM XD.
    WHAT IS THIS???

Smh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alghost For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Im also still trying to figure out whats so challenging about "gathering resources" in the new map. Our time there is being consumed by standing idle clicking to gathering. Nothing challenging, just a (waste) time sink. I really hope that gathering map isnt the focus of new gears and such. If we are going to have to farm those ingredients in large volumes, its literally kill a few enemies..click and wait. Is that how you envisioned this expansion, by us standing around clicking ingredients? Hopefully not. Other than that, very interested to see how this expansion turns out!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Switchback For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    all those suggestions players had given on the forums....

All for nothing. I see no suggestion from those threads added into this expansion At. All.

I'm pretty disappointed and unfortunately as much as i wish i was wrong....I was right.

If only the devs pushed it to 2020. Now it's too late. :/

I wish everyone the best of luck and the devs success in their future endeavors. It was nice while it lasted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May Arcane Legends finally get the rest it deserves. Sweet dreams to the once legendary gem of the mobile market.

R.I.P. 2017 ~ 2019.
    For the first time in 6 years of playing, I actually agree with this :,((. Thank you AL for being the most fun game I ever played. Especially the years 2013-2016(GOLDEN ERA OF AL).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

For those quitting bc of the start of expansion don’t meet your expectations, the start has just begun, dont under estimate what’s next. Also looking back at previous expansions with 3+ maps, in the end, many ran 1 or 2 of the maps. Also keep in mind the many suggestions about keeping older maps useful.

Gathering is undesirable for me too bc of picking the items. Would rather “bust” the item we are gathering with this map.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pxoo View Post
    Hello there,
    I have a few things to suggest and talk about this expansion.

First of all, the new town, Vardan Valley Towne, looks very good, there aren't any recolors, it reminds me of Brackenridge, but that's okay. The tents, unfinished houses and walls are beautiful and it looks like you invested a lot of time into it.

One thing I don't like at all is, that there is just a single map, the Mogera Lair. Yes there are a few other maps you can play, but those are restricted to portals that are open for 24 hours, which have to be opened again. What is the point of this? I would prefer to be able to enter any time I want to.

The next thing about the Mogera Lair I don't like is the design of the map. There are narrow paths without any space to the side through almost the entire map. There are a few small gemstones and vases which have been copied from graveyard and mausoleum maps on the way. Why does it have to be copied? It wouldn't disturb anyone if these vases weren't there at all. The map is very long, which annoys me, a shorter way with more open space like Shadow Plains or Rockhorn Summit would be more pleasant to play. The Mogera race itself looks well designed, but the brown of the map is painful to look at. This may be only true for me, but i hate the greyish-brown background of these maps, too. Couldn't we have something to look at there, which would make the map more fun to run?

The difficulty of the Mogera map is acceptable, considering it's just a normal map, but couldn't we have an elite version with good drops like arcane or heroic eggs, which are beneficial for aps, too? People have been asking for new dungeons like Planar Tombs or a new Arena Map for a long time, which could easily fit into this expansion, together with a few more maps? We need a reason to farm these maps and the way it is right now, I don't see any reason i would need better tbh and I'm playing with 3.5k damage as a rogue.

Since there is no reason to play the Mogera Lair and there neither is a good gold/egg/gear drop and the tokens aren't useful at all, I doubt anybody will run this map. The XP gain is below Festerfang Swamp, too and the design of the map is boring.

The temporary maps are a bit better to loon at, than the Mogera Lair, but not really pleasant either. The gathering system is something I really hated and I was sad to see you brought it back this expansion, I don't really want to gather anything, I want to have fun in these maps. Jord Skratch is a good idea as a boss, it is the best thing I've seen so far in this expansion. Protecting these houses isn't a bad idea either, but Skull-Dozer is rather a badly made boss, because he either kills you immediately when you don't know the mechanics or you just run away and he deals no damage at all and is killed rather easily. I don't really like or dislike the idea of not being able to respawn in these maps, so I won't say anything about that.

I didn't see the third extra map, which opens after farming these other temporary maps yet, but I don't have to, because these maps we have are disappointing and I doubt many people will play them, so it will take quite some time until it opens and I don't see any sense in waiting for extra maps as mentioned before, even though this map might be the only one I enjoy playing.

In general, I'm rather disappointed of this expansion, because nothing of it makes me have fun, while playing and i feel like working, rather than playing, while leveling there. I might even feel like I have some leisure time, when I'm at work after playing there, because I have to force myself to do it, instead of enjoying it.

I really loved the design ofKraken and Tindirin maps and the difficulty elite maps had at these caps, which isn't here in the slightest nowadays. Last cap farming Orrick and Hydra was a fun thing to do, this expansion I don't really have anything at all.

As mentioned before, a new Underground Arena like the one in Kraag, where you can farm your Nekro egg, or the planar pendant are missing entirely. Quests like these would be fun to have. Farmable endgame equipment, instead of gold would be a nice change, too. There isn't anything to try and bring PvP back, either. Instead, the new cap just separates players into more levels.

If there ever is a new expansion, please consider taking more time and add things players want and give them a reason to run these maps.

Sorry for the long read.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
    I must say, there is nothing about the expansion that has impressed me or has gained my interest thus far...... It's still early and I am willing to give it time........

One thing I'd like to see in the future is less mobs spawning from the ground..... It's really annoying when trying to tactically deal with mobs and they are just continually appearing out of the ground....... Please just let them already be there, like with older maps (Tinidrin is a good example of the way mobs should appear)............

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    I must say, there is nothing about the expansion that has impressed me or has gained my interest thus far...... It's still early and I am willing to give it time........

One thing I'd like to see in the future is less mobs spawning from the ground..... It's really annoying when trying to tactically deal with mobs and they are just continually appearing out of the ground....... Please just let them already be there, like with older maps (Tinidrin is a good example of the way mobs should appear)............
    I'm digging the new town music, though.......... Chancel of Light is still the best but, this new town music is pretty cool................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    I'm digging the new town music, though.......... Chancel of Light is still the best but, this new town music is pretty cool................
    Another thing that I would "suggest" is that it would be good if there were less NPC quest "run-arounds" during new expansion releases.... Senseless running around to NPC's just to engage in new maps is a bit annoying.... Just being honest.... Please just get to the point.... New map, Allow me to enter as long as I meet CAP requirements....... It's really frustrating running around to NPC's just to accomplish a simple task....... Your new expansions are becoming too complicated, which is bad for a game that is more action/adventure based than RPG based...... Just my personal opinion......

No salt..... Just feedback based on legitimate feelings.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Whatever they did to get flames to quit is ok in my book.
    I like the new maps. They are a lot easier then i expected but we will see how long that lasts. If they where to hard people would cry about that. I agree with Ava and others that gathering is a bit slow would prefer harder map but quicker picking up.
    I noticed they are adding elite maps to festerfang expansion. I'm sure we will see more from this expansion then we have so far in the first 2 days.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Feedback on leveling: can you please add the kill xp buff (the one that you get in swamp - more kills = more xp) to the mogera lair map. If not possible then can you keep the swamp map scale to player level. As I am leveling up the grind is getting intensive, please check, Ty.

I would prefer the 1st option because I would love to play the new map for leveling. Ty.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Genius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

There isn't much to loot from what I've seen, I know it's early but all there is to loot/buy/craft is vanities and a ring and pendant that are arguably worse than level 71 arcanes, I remember mauso expansion had a slow start too but atleast there was some decent legendary weapons with good procs to loot while leveling.