Thread: Regarding buying xp with plat in store

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lim Weibin View Post
    Think of it being like another ongoing event leaderboard. Those who are willing to get into the top 5 placements were willing to spend their real life money in game so that they can get the luxury rewards of being in the first few top places for event leaderboards and vice versa towards this expansion.

So for example you’re telling me that if I don’t spend $$ in game in order to get into the event leaderboard placement, I could still get placed in it? I highly doubt so, likewise for expansion. I’m not saying that people who have the luxury of spending their money in their own terms in games are not playing and competing ‘fairly’ unlike those who actually work hard and spend their hardcore time grinding in the game for hours, who knows maybe even days without sleep.

But let’s be truthfully and brutally honest here, without sts implementing the whole idea of players to spend their hard-earned money to buy the xp kits to instantly level up and guarantee their place in the top 10 who gets the badges, would this game still even be alive and being played by millions of players in the world?

So entirely it’s not anyone’s fault but depending on yourself if you are willing to spend your money into this game who equals to the amount of hard work you had been working in the real world.

Just an honest opinion.
    I've never raced to cap in any expansion so it doesn't really affect me but it does have an effect on the gameplay of players who traditionally race for fast cap every year - kinda ruins the magic a bit as you can see from illwillys post.

It doesn't make sense to me to have a contest which is essentially the 10 fastest people to buy something in the shop, which is also put to the general game population as if they have a fighting chance.

It's not an ongoing leader board it's a race to cap first for an exclusive prize.

But, if you do want to draw that comparison there is always effort to be put into leaderboard alongside money - spending money only enhances the effort it doesn't replace it.

Sometimes the extra $500 to be made off the few people who "buy" victory in the shop isn't worth disillusioning and alienating other players by ruining their experience and the game certainly isn't staying alive on the funds raised on XP packs alone.

One easy solution would have been to have top ten "pure" and top ten "enhanced" fast cap, to give all groups of people a fair shot.

What's an extra ten "76" badges floating around anyway?

We aren't ever going to agree on this - as it's subjective so I'll just agree to respect that your opinion differs from mine.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post: