Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regarding buying xp with plat in store

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Lol I didn't even notice, that s just very very sad.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Willl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Lol
    Eleven

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

I'm not competetive so I wasn't planning to rush to cap but I feel for those who had planned to make it for the badge.
    I did promise myself that this expansion would be make or break time for me and the scales are leaning towards break.
    I shan't be committing Susiecide just yet because of the social aspect and I do still like AL..just too old fashioned to like the new maps. Maybe take the fashioned off and just say..maybe too old.
    I find the long map really boring and the others just seem like mini events. Sorry devs for my negative post, I remember the early maps you see.
    I do hope we get a Halloween event this year though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

Hmmm..re: my previous post because for some reason I can't edit.
    I think I may have been hasty, in fact I'm sure I have because it's early days yet and I haven't given it a chance.
    I think I'll get used to it and anyway, there's still loads of other things to do in AL.
    Still not going to rush to cap though but beginning to see there is potential in this new expansion and I need to stop being a creature of habit.
    Sorry for going off topic btw and good luck to all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    682 Posts

Just leave it as it is if this was intended, those who were willing to invest their hard work earned salary for this insane amount of plat to get the badge isn’t wrong, time is money so vice versa, still counts as ‘worked their way up for the badge’ vice versa. Just an honest opinion from me. ^.^

- Living in a delusional state -

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lim Weibin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lim Weibin View Post
    Just leave it as it is if this was intended, those who were willing to invest their hard work earned salary for this insane amount of plat to get the badge isn’t wrong, time is money so vice versa, still counts as ‘worked their way up for the badge’ vice versa. Just an honest opinion from me. ^.^
    Nobody is saying they didn't work for their money... But what's the point in having a competition where you can buy the prize while the contest is still ongoing?

Imagine you're at the starting line of a marathon you've been training for. Start gun goes and you put your all into the run and omg you come first!!!

But then the race official tells you sorry nah jk you're not first.

You got the best running time, and crossed the line ahead of the rest. and yes you've been running for 2 hours solid and are absolutely exhausted and given it your absolute all to achieve that. You even spent your money on pro running shoes. But sadly.... Yeah you didn't *actually* come first.

Some people already strolled over while you were runnibg and bought the bronze silver and gold medals.

Congrats for participating though and here is your participants ribbon along with the other 1000 people you thought you were competing with.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    682 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    Nobody is saying they didn't work for their money... But what's the point in having a competition where you can buy the prize while the contest is still ongoing?

Imagine you're at the starting line of a marathon you've been training for. Start gun goes and you put your all into the run and omg you come first!!!

But then the race official tells you sorry nah jk you're not first.

You got the best running time, and crossed the line ahead of the rest. and yes you've been running for 2 hours solid and are absolutely exhausted and given it your absolute all to achieve that. You even spent your money on pro running shoes. But sadly.... Yeah you didn't *actually* come first.

Some people already strolled over while you were runnibg and bought the bronze silver and gold medals.

Congrats for participating though and here is your participants ribbon along with the other 1000 people you thought you were competing with.

Think of it being like another ongoing event leaderboard. Those who are willing to get into the top 5 placements were willing to spend their real life money in game so that they can get the luxury rewards of being in the first few top places for event leaderboards and vice versa towards this expansion.

So for example you’re telling me that if I don’t spend $$ in game in order to get into the event leaderboard placement, I could still get placed in it? I highly doubt so, likewise for expansion. I’m not saying that people who have the luxury of spending their money in their own terms in games are not playing and competing ‘fairly’ unlike those who actually work hard and spend their hardcore time grinding in the game for hours, who knows maybe even days without sleep.

But let’s be truthfully and brutally honest here, without sts implementing the whole idea of players to spend their hard-earned money to buy the xp kits to instantly level up and guarantee their place in the top 10 who gets the badges, would this game still even be alive and being played by millions of players in the world?

So entirely it’s not anyone’s fault but depending on yourself if you are willing to spend your money into this game who equals to the amount of hard work you had been working in the real world.

Just an honest opinion.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lim Weibin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lim Weibin View Post
    Think of it being like another ongoing event leaderboard. Those who are willing to get into the top 5 placements were willing to spend their real life money in game so that they can get the luxury rewards of being in the first few top places for event leaderboards and vice versa towards this expansion.

So for example you’re telling me that if I don’t spend $$ in game in order to get into the event leaderboard placement, I could still get placed in it? I highly doubt so, likewise for expansion. I’m not saying that people who have the luxury of spending their money in their own terms in games are not playing and competing ‘fairly’ unlike those who actually work hard and spend their hardcore time grinding in the game for hours, who knows maybe even days without sleep.

But let’s be truthfully and brutally honest here, without sts implementing the whole idea of players to spend their hard-earned money to buy the xp kits to instantly level up and guarantee their place in the top 10 who gets the badges, would this game still even be alive and being played by millions of players in the world?

So entirely it’s not anyone’s fault but depending on yourself if you are willing to spend your money into this game who equals to the amount of hard work you had been working in the real world.

Just an honest opinion.
    I've never raced to cap in any expansion so it doesn't really affect me but it does have an effect on the gameplay of players who traditionally race for fast cap every year - kinda ruins the magic a bit as you can see from illwillys post.

It doesn't make sense to me to have a contest which is essentially the 10 fastest people to buy something in the shop, which is also put to the general game population as if they have a fighting chance.

It's not an ongoing leader board it's a race to cap first for an exclusive prize.

But, if you do want to draw that comparison there is always effort to be put into leaderboard alongside money - spending money only enhances the effort it doesn't replace it.

Sometimes the extra $500 to be made off the few people who "buy" victory in the shop isn't worth disillusioning and alienating other players by ruining their experience and the game certainly isn't staying alive on the funds raised on XP packs alone.

One easy solution would have been to have top ten "pure" and top ten "enhanced" fast cap, to give all groups of people a fair shot.

What's an extra ten "76" badges floating around anyway?

We aren't ever going to agree on this - as it's subjective so I'll just agree to respect that your opinion differs from mine.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

I agree but at the same time this is something really good for the beggars of Arlor, they will know exactly who to ask gold lollll

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

I bought so much xp with plat, I now also have the level 81 badge.

MAGE OF DEVIANT MISFITSKGKGKFK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    682 Posts

I've never raced to cap in any expansion so it doesn't really affect me but it does have an effect on the gameplay of players who traditionally race for fast cap every year - kinda ruins the magic a bit as you can see from illwillys post.

It doesn't make sense to me to have a contest which is essentially the 10 fastest people to buy something in the shop, which is also put to the general game population as if they have a fighting chance.

It's not an ongoing leader board it's a race to cap first for an exclusive prize.

But, if you do want to draw that comparison there is always effort to be put into leaderboard alongside money - spending money only enhances the effort it doesn't replace it.

Sometimes the extra $500 to be made off the few people who "buy" victory in the shop isn't worth disillusioning and alienating other players by ruining their experience and the game certainly isn't staying alive on the funds raised on XP packs alone.

One easy solution would have been to have top ten "pure" and top ten "enhanced" fast cap, to give all groups of people a fair shot.

We aren't ever going to agree on this - as it's subjective so I'll just agree to respect that your opinion differs from mine.

I do agree on one point of fact tho, to group it as pure and enhanced leaderboard placement especially only for expansion set so that it’ll tell whether who pays off the hard work of grinding hardcore and vice versa.

Player4L

I don't see the 100k xp option just 10k max

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I was discussing this with another longtime player and that would have been the best way to go about it. On one end it's good for folks to buy plat because it's a way of showing support and keeping the business going. However, the free players need to be taken into consideration as well as they are a huge part of the community.

Free players also need to remember that even if that time is not spent farming in AL, a great deal of IRL time is used to earn money for platinum. So either way you look at it everybodies time is being used, just in different capacities.

I applaud you for presenting a logical resolution to the complaint. This is easily one of the better ways to communicate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    So glad i decided to be lazy and not try this, you could see the greed fest from StS coming.
    Aside from an expansion that feels less finished than an unpacked lego set, its horribly boring and everyone is turning to festerfang to level up.
    Utterly disgraceful to buy your way up to the badge. Like the other person said, when u see a lv76 badge its most likely their bank account that had to sweat.
    Anyways thats just my 2 cents, im leaving this game very soon because there is simply nothing entertaining to do.

Cheers,
    You couldn't have said this any better so true I feel alot more ppl are going to quit aswell sad really but it's the truth :/
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kairihearts View Post
    You couldn't have said this any better so true I feel alot more ppl are going to quit aswell sad really but it's the truth :/
    Agreed - maybe not rage quit over he badge but if no longer term goals are added to this expansion I fear people will stop logging on as soon as they hit 76 and go back to only playing during events >.<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts

Yeaahh... I will just stick to dailies and in a week I'll hit 76 I guess. Might level up during the Ursoth as well. P2W - week first.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]