Thread: Something funny in AL market "Offer"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Default Something funny in AL market "Offer"

Well, I saw a lot of people telling others to offer first during negotiation that imo is not a proper or good practice in doing businesses. I know this has been practiced quite some time but someone has to point this out as it always end up with either "lowballer" or "rip off" prices which only get two parties go back and forth without closing the deal.
    Bear in mind that the buyer always have the intention to buy at lower price and vice versa to the seller. The best way is seller mention his price at the advertisement or shout out so that people can decide to buy or to offer an agreeable prices in his sense. It is more efficient than telling people to offer..offer..offer.
    Everyone should understand the fluctuation of items price, it all depends on the supply and demand. For example, u can't buy glowstik for 5m anymore today..we all know it was 5m past few month but today gold has flood the market n glowstik is scarce in the market making the price range between 6.6m - 7m.
    I hope this can improve our marketing strategy.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crocodile For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Well, I saw a lot of people telling others to offer first during negotiation that imo is not a proper or good practice in doing businesses. I know this has been practiced quite some time but someone has to point this out as it always end up with either "lowballer" or "rip off" prices which only get two parties go back and forth without closing the deal.
    Bear in mind that the buyer always have the intention to buy at lower price and vice versa to the seller. The best way is seller mention his price at the advertisement or shout out so that people can decide to buy or to offer an agreeable prices in his sense. It is more efficient than telling people to offer..offer..offer.
    Everyone should understand the fluctuation of items price, it all depends on the supply and demand. For example, u can't buy glowstik for 5m anymore today..we all know it was 5m past few month but today gold has flood the market n glowstik is scarce in the market making the price range between 6.6m - 7m.

Nice opinion but nowadays even if people will say their price it is much likely that people will still pm you a price within the lowball/merch range. It is basically unavoidable for people to encounter these situations and it is very common, so it is better for people to ask "Offer?" and if they get a lowball/merch price they can simply just say "nty". Saying nty might also change the buyers offer and making them offer for higher which is a great advantage to the seller. But tbh everyone has their own marketing strategy so its nice of you giving advice but isn't really much of a help because lowballers/merchants are unavoidable and like I said, we have our own marketing strategy and you can't force us to use your strategy/change us.

In my observation, making the buyer offer will make it easier for a deal. For example, I am selling zhulong egg, this person asks how much, I say "Offer", He offers 30mil, I tell him I can't sell for lower than 35mil, he changes his offer to 34.5mil after seeing auction price is 37mil. Okay so my example proves that it can help the buyer understand more about prices and allows him to choose in not buying it or offering higher, while the seller can choose from not selling it to that person and continue searching for another buyer or he can lower the price if the auction price for his item is lower than what he wants. The buyer can also see what price of the certain item is outside the auction with the aid of his offers and if the seller wants a higher price or not with the aid of the auction.

Also, Based from a forum thread just recently, Shouting out the price in chat will decrease amount of buyers and will not improve their knowledge about the price changes of their item. For example, A guy is shouting in chat "Selling Nekro Egg 12mil" and he only gets offers 10mil but its not the price he wanted, he ends up not selling it at the end of the day so he decides to continue selling for 12mil because thats his original price wanted for his item. He doesn't check auction because he knows price for the egg is within 10-12mil because he has not been getting offers for less than what he wants (12mil). Then a guy offers him 8mil because that is the current price of the egg in the auction, Seller gets mad because he gets an offer which he thinks is merch/lowball so he starts making a fuss and insulting the buyer. The buyer also gets angry and also insults the seller because he "doesn't know about its real price".
    ~GUILDMASTER~

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Regifter For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Regifter View Post
    Nice opinion but nowadays even if people will say their price it is much likely that people will still pm you a price within the lowball/merch range. It is basically unavoidable for people to encounter these situations and it is very common, so it is better for people to ask "Offer?" and if they get a lowball/merch price they can simply just say "nty". Saying nty might also change the buyers offer and making them offer for higher which is a great advantage to the seller. But tbh everyone has their own marketing strategy so its nice of you giving advice but isn't really much of a help because lowballers/merchants are unavoidable and like I said, we have our own marketing strategy and you can't force us to use your strategy/change us.

In my observation, making the buyer offer will make it easier for a deal. For example, I am selling zhulong egg, this person asks how much, I say "Offer", He offers 30mil, I tell him I can't sell for lower than 35mil, he changes his offer to 34.5mil after seeing auction price is 37mil. Okay so my example proves that it can help the buyer understand more about prices and allows him to choose in not buying it or offering higher, while the seller can choose from not selling it to that person and continue searching for another buyer or he can lower the price if the auction price for his item is lower than what he wants. The buyer can also see what price of the certain item is outside the auction with the aid of his offers and if the seller wants a higher price or not with the aid of the auction.

Also, Based from a forum thread just recently, Shouting out the price in chat will decrease amount of buyers and will not improve their knowledge about the price changes of their item. For example, A guy is shouting in chat "Selling Nekro Egg 12mil" and he only gets offers 10mil but its not the price he wanted, he ends up not selling it at the end of the day so he decides to continue selling for 12mil because thats his original price wanted for his item. He doesn't check auction because he knows price for the egg is within 10-12mil because he has not been getting offers for less than what he wants (12mil). Then a guy offers him 8mil because that is the current price of the egg in the auction, Seller gets mad because he gets an offer which he thinks is merch/lowball so he starts making a fuss and insulting the buyer. The buyer also gets angry and also insults the seller because he "doesn't know about its real price".
    You got a point there. Thanks for your time.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Bussiness is done in many ways mate not just one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Well, the person might just be looking for offers.
    I have done this plenty of times to gather offers and may someone offer something good sell the item.
    But aside from that i do agree with you saying people will end up offering lowball or merch when someone is out looking for offere, but those same people will do that when the seller has a set price, so i my eyes it doesnt really make much difference.
    I dont think the marketing strategy the average player applies is going to change anytime soon, but i do believe when one person does it, eventually others will follow.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Spooked; 10-02-2019 at 05:30 AM. Reason: My grammar has hit rock bottom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

umu... taking notes....keep going please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    590 Posts

When I started playing no on used the phrase “merch price”. Which of course means lower than item is worth so as to make a bit of gold reselling. The problem is ppl think this is the “real” price. I see no reason to sell to a middleman. I state the price I expect and stick to it. I only negotiate reasonable offers. So try to buy/sell direct to end user and cut out the “mercher”.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

The person as a buyer know how much is his/her budget for paying to some item.
    Not always the seller knows the price.

I speak for myself, I'm totally honest with people when I don't know the price. So I ask an offer, cuz I don't have a auto, since I have no idea how much it worth, just remember how much I payed back in time ( and sometimes not even that).
    Who define the prices is the market demand.
    When it has the price in auction house you have one idea how much you can ask for. Or if you are updated in the game, with the inflations and the players needs.
    When you are not a pro merch, or at least updated, the maximum you can do its see how much people are willing to pay for your item.
    Our auction house has fixed prices. But normally in real life people make offers to buy the items in auction.
    I think AL has a free comerce, and the deal between parts that make the rules, influenced by the inflations result of the events and updates that happened in game.
    So to me, not always it's possible say a right price.

If you see by the perspective that the seller should know/say the price, the buyer should know/offer to, since he is searching for a item, and knows how much is possible spend on it.
    But that's my opinion ^^
    Healthy discussions are interesting

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando o Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhysaa View Post
    The person as a buyer know how much is his/her budget for paying to some item.
    Not always the seller knows the price.

I speak for myself, I'm totally honest with people when I don't know the price. So I ask an offer, cuz I don't have a auto, since I have no idea how much it worth, just remember how much I payed back in time ( and sometimes not even that).
    Who define the prices is the market demand.
    When it has the price in auction house you have one idea how much you can ask for. Or if you are updated in the game, with the inflations and the players needs.
    When you are not a pro merch, or at least updated, the maximum you can do its see how much people are willing to pay for your item.
    Our auction house has fixed prices. But normally in real life people make offers to buy the items in auction.
    I think AL has a free comerce, and the deal between parts that make the rules, influenced by the inflations result of the events and updates that happened in game.
    So to me, not always it's possible say a right price.

If you see by the perspective that the seller should know/say the price, the buyer should know/offer to, since he is searching for a item, and knows how much is possible spend on it.
    But that's my opinion ^^
    Healthy discussions are interesting

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando o Tapatalk
    I'm glad people like u still exist.
    Let me tell u a story, i try to buy warriors red arlor vest recently and the seller asked me to "offer" so I offer 5m (reasonable overpricing by myself imo) and guess what? He replied "goodluck noob!". I was speechless..it always worth like 4.5m all the times and never affected by inflation in my observation.
    When i ask for auto, he keep on silent and went off. Trust me people like this do exist and roaming through arlor looking for ridiculous offer.
    And yea..i welcome all the good and bad critics so that we can find a solution to this unhealthy market.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Crocodile For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Just got to remember half of the people who buy stuff in maps for merch or what ever are kids. They don't know much when it comes to marketing, but everyone has the option to decline a trade and accept it. The thing I dislike is that there are some toxic idiots who will curse you out trash talk you and more if you choose not to buy their item. Also when they don't know the price of an item and they go by auc they over price their stuff and if you try to help explain its overpriced they ignore you. If I list a deary egg in auc 99m it does not mean its worth 99m. Stock markets are more predictable than this game is. Exp kits were going to rise then last minute boom expan is pay to win.... lots including me lost a ton of gold. I really try to help people get gold but when everything is pay to win every f2p player who tries to merch loses gold because p2w buy the item with plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Yes as I've said (Look at the sentence/s in red font)

~GUILDMASTER~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I'm glad people like u still exist.
    Let me tell u a story, i try to buy warriors red arlor vest recently and the seller asked me to "offer" so I offer 5m (reasonable overpricing by myself imo) and guess what? He replied "goodluck noob!". I was speechless..it always worth like 4.5m all the times and never affected by inflation in my observation.
    When i ask for auto, he keep on silent and went off. Trust me people like this do exist and roaming through arlor looking for ridiculous offer.
    And yea..i welcome all the good and bad critics so that we can find a solution to this unhealthy market.

Yes that's one mistake of people nowadays, they are rude and just speak trashtalk to you when they don't get offered the price they want. And that's also a reason why people some people are afraid to offer, one time I was selling nox set in paradise piers and exped camp, a guy asked me how much, I asked him to offer and he didn't reply anymore. He wasn't even afk and he continued spamming that hey buys certain vanities and items. It disappoints me about the quality/ethics of some people in the AL community, their bad attitude really has an effect on other people imo, thats why I really want AL Devs to tighten their "Inappropriate Language Mute" So if people will say "noob" "stfu" etc they will be muted.
    ~GUILDMASTER~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    590 Posts

The ignore button works wonders on potty mouth traders, they make up a large part of my IL, the rest are merch spammers.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Oak's ignore list is pretty much my ignore list.

I also add people to ignore when I hear them breaking my calm in towns. Just because you are trashtalking and bullying in town does not mean the rest of us are not putting you on ignore.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I will keep shopping at Walmart,they know their own prices,and they don't ask me to set their market,but the merch market in Al has become to childish to even participate in any more,now when I ask someone had w much they want for a item,and they say offer,that is the end of the conversation,if you don't have the mental tools to decide what you want for something,I will not provide you with them,not throwing salt or trying to he mean,but all the places I shop,even from the auction in Al,all tell or advertise their price, that's how you do good business

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

19. The Following User Says Thank You to breywolf For This Useful Post: