Thread: Turn all classes into Damage Dealers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fearrr View Post
    I made my earlier thread with the same thought tbh. But I'm not trying to abolish the Tank Class all together. I will use Tank Class for my example since that is the only thing I play. In most MMORPG/Hack and Slash games, Classes have Talent Trees with at least 2 options of a path to pick. The game I came from Order and Chaos which was a really big MMORPG in it's prime had this 2 Path Talent Tree option and it was awesome. They had the normal Tank Path where you soak up the damage taken to group, as well as holding all aggro, High HP/Armor but low Damage and Crit type of build. And they also had the DPS War Path(Build was High HP/Damage/Crit but low Armor.) where a War can go full DPS and Duel Wield Axes, Swords, Hammers it was sick. But Wars were not healers in this game. That was Monk Class. And there class 2nd Talent Path was called Military Monk. Which was a full Dps Duel Wield Monk class which was also sick. Mages Main Path was Full DPS and 2nd Path was I believe a support type clase. I wish AL had these type Talent Path Options.

Also in Order and Chaos. You could have 2 Wars in a PT one a Tank and other DPS War and you weren't losing out on anything. There wasn't people complaining about 2 wars or avoiding inviting 2 Wars to PT. In AL if both Wars are really OP, 2 Wars in a PT is fine. But there is only handful of truly OP Wars in this game to begin with.
    The long way to work around the issues you pointed out is to create specializations, something like a talent tree model that you speak of; A warrior can chose to be a Tank or a DD and both specialization will have different stats or skills. Mage can chose to be a Support or a DD, and similarly they can create a new specialization for rogues. But this requires lot of effort, talent and labor, which I am not sure STS is willing to spend on an old game. They might prefer making a new game.

The easiest way around it is to balance the stats across the classes to make them DD. This will balance the classes in both PVE and PVP, and I think this will revive PvP as well.
    Last edited by Genius; 10-02-2019 at 12:30 PM. Reason: DD= Damage Dealer