Thread: Contest for both player and developer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Default Contest for both player and developer

Hello,

This is a thread i thought of carefully while i was in English class.
    Before i start elaborating i ask of you to follow several steps before responding to this thread.
    1.if you have nothing to add on the matter, then please do not add anything at all
    2.respond in a courteous way, noone is waiting on you cursing like a 12y/o xbox live kid
    3.keep debates civil
    4.please do not refrain from voicing your opinion, its all that matters

Now without further a due, lets get into it.

Background
    As many of you might know many people are often dissapointed in the designs cinco and his team put out.
    This is often in the form of recoloring now i also believe recoloring is a cheap and uneffective way to keep your players or "customers" satisfied.
    Now, have to understand they are running multiple games and Arcane Legends is just one of their projects, with that in mind we can safely say they ARE putting in maximum effort.
    While this thread is mainly made because i feel like they ran out of inspiration

Original idea
    Alright so hear me out, im sure most of the people reading this remember the Goblin Invasion.
    Several weeks prior to the event we had a designing contest, even though i did not win, i loved participating and it was a great way to keep my mind off of making those sweet, sweet gold coins in game.
    I have seen some mind blowing designs come by during the 2 weeks the design event was ongoing.
    Why do we not do that, but on longer term.
    We can send in designs we think would look nice, then you can have a poll where people vote on what they want to see -considering its nothing inappropiate-
    And the design department can work on it, dont tell me its "too much of a hassle"
    Because the goblin invasion vanities did not take long to produce whatsoever.

Comment on why you think this is a good or bad idea, id love to hear your thoughts

Ask any questions you might have

Cheers!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

This is not a problem imo, STS needs to work on making game more fun, by adding new game modes and fixing pvp, so people can enjoy it.
    Pve can be boring sometimes.

However it looks like they are leaving pvp to die, due to their thinking that pve is what the game is about, which is not. If they keep this up game is going to continue to die.

We dont need vanitys, gear, events.. we need new fun game modes where we test our skills and actually enjoy it, running the same map is depressing.

To conclude. Bring new pvp mode. New lb. New reward.

The end.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m3cy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by m3cy View Post
    This is not a problem imo, STS needs to work on making game more fun, by adding new game modes and fixing pvp, so people can enjoy it.
    Pve can be boring sometimes.

However it looks like they are leaving pvp to die, due to their thinking that pve is what the game is about, which is not. If they keep this up game is going to continue to die.

We dont need vanitys, gear, events.. we need new fun game modes where we test our skills and actually enjoy it, running the same map is depressing.

To conclude. Bring new pvp mode. New lb. New reward.

The end.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Imo there must be 2 modes for pvp. 1st is normal with awakenings and 2nd with no awakenings. U guys remember the pvp before 6-7 yrs??

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk
    "Control is an illusion."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

This thread is solely made to talk about the recoloring and originality issues, not pvp
    Thanks for the feedback though!

Cheers,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    682 Posts

+1, just hate it that every events it gets the same rewards just with different recoloured version of it, it’s so not their best of effort towards it. And use the ursoth event for example this year, what the crap... the vanity weapons looked really out of form and dosent really scream with excitement and the lb banner... it just felt like they put in 0% effort towards this event. Saddens me.

- Living in a delusional state -

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lim Weibin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

Well if you where a little bit observant you would see that they use a lot of our suggestions to inspire them in the game, here are a few i have collect very fast:

the mechanic of this boss:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 11.37.26 AM.png
Views: 155
Size:  996.5 KB

this banner exhaust:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 11.29.57 AM.png
Views: 173
Size:  444.8 KB

this backpack:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 11.30.55 AM.png
Views: 149
Size:  641.7 KB

and maybe this ursoth banner?
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 11.32.51 AM.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  79.4 KB

So keep putting your ideas on this forum, i am very positive that STS listen to us

ps: and ofc be careful what you wish for :P

Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Hello,

This is a thread i thought of carefully while i was in English class.
    Before i start elaborating i ask of you to follow several steps before responding to this thread.
    1.if you have nothing to add on the matter, then please do not add anything at all
    2.respond in a courteous way, noone is waiting on you cursing like a 12y/o xbox live kid
    3.keep debates civil
    4.please do not refrain from voicing your opinion, its all that matters

Now without further a due, lets get into it.

Background
    As many of you might know many people are often dissapointed in the designs cinco and his team put out.
    This is often in the form of recoloring now i also believe recoloring is a cheap and uneffective way to keep your players or "customers" satisfied.
    Now, have to understand they are running multiple games and Arcane Legends is just one of their projects, with that in mind we can safely say they ARE putting in maximum effort.
    While this thread is mainly made because i feel like they ran out of inspiration

Original idea
    Alright so hear me out, im sure most of the people reading this remember the Goblin Invasion.
    Several weeks prior to the event we had a designing contest, even though i did not win, i loved participating and it was a great way to keep my mind off of making those sweet, sweet gold coins in game.
    I have seen some mind blowing designs come by during the 2 weeks the design event was ongoing.
    Why do we not do that, but on longer term.
    We can send in designs we think would look nice, then you can have a poll where people vote on what they want to see -considering its nothing inappropiate-
    And the design department can work on it, dont tell me its "too much of a hassle"
    Because the goblin invasion vanities did not take long to produce whatsoever.

Comment on why you think this is a good or bad idea, id love to hear your thoughts

Ask any questions you might have

Cheers!
    I think having design contest more often would ensure the general population of al to be satisfied with the outcome , my thoughts : sts does have many games but I think instead of working on the dying or inactive games they should start working on a new legends game . let's be honest , dark legends was a total miss and I couldn't get into it . can't say much about the other legends games .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    Well if you where a little bit observant you would see that they use a lot of our suggestions to inspire them in the game, here are a few i have collect very fast:

the mechanic of this boss:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 11.37.26 AM.png
Views: 155
Size:  996.5 KB

this banner exhaust:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 11.29.57 AM.png
Views: 173
Size:  444.8 KB

this backpack:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 11.30.55 AM.png
Views: 149
Size:  641.7 KB

and maybe this ursoth banner?
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 11.32.51 AM.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  79.4 KB

So keep putting your ideas on this forum, i am very positive that STS listen to us

ps: and ofc be careful what you wish for :P

Thank you
    Right, but i was talking about the design of Entire vanities not little tiny parts of it.
    Thanks for the feedback though!
    Im trying to get them to make something engaging and competitive in a fun way all at once.
    This is a win-win on every aspect
    1. Devs have a general idea of what to make
    2. Since the population of al voted its almost guaranteed to be appreciated
    3. People actually get on their creative side
    4. Less whining

Cheers,
    Last edited by Spooked; 10-03-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Player4L

Betrayer needs a recolor and some others