Thread: Why cant we have more of this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

Default Why cant we have more of this...

Found an OLD video that got me remincent of pvp at end game T.T

Why cant we just accept awakes and do it all over again ? >.<

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Indeed... >.>
    ~GUILDMASTER~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

:,)

11chars

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Make a lvl 16 hardcore and come join the fun guys, pretty balanced

Sent from my SM-M105M using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chronox View Post
    Make a lvl 16 hardcore and come join the fun guys, pretty balanced

Sent from my SM-M105M using Tapatalk
    Sorry brah.. I’m allergic to twinking, end game costs too much to let it go to waste >.<

1<3
    Godfather of Arlor

Player4L

Don't be afraid to step in tdm and get gang do you have a feminine side? Can u handle yourself what is life?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Player4L View Post
    Don't be afraid to step in tdm and get gang do you have a feminine side? Can u handle yourself what is life?
    How long is a piece of string? Does a tree still make a sound if it falls and no one is around to hear it? Is a mouse still a mouse if it leaves the house ?

So many other mystery’s in life we are yet to understand...

1<3
    Godfather of Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Only random pvp is dead, for that to revive there is serious balancing needed.
    People who want to pvp are still playing it. Me and my friends play pvp whenever we feel like, we call all our friends/guildmatse who like pvp for a weekend game, set custom rules and play end-game pvp in CTF.

There are pvp tournaments too for players who like some competitions.
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...Hidden-Anymore!

You can take the ideas from that thread and create your own guild/friend teams to play pvp, because I don't think random will revive in any near future.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Organize a match or two then, have fun in endgame <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

Thanks guys, but think I’m aware of having to organise a match with friends being the only way to pvp end game at the moment ...

Was hoping to ignite a bit of nostalgia to entice people to want to jump into end game more randomly so not having to just pop to fester outpost for a little bit of rough fun xD

Thanks again tho

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

The problem is when two people of the same level face off and one has double the damage and armor (roughly) as the other person, due to awakes. Is this really the “same level”? It’s more like a 76 facing a 46, and nobody wants that unless you are the 76. That’s why pvp is dead. Despite being equal level, the playing field is extremely unfair. I don’t want to make it seem like it’s the op people’s fault, but this is why the “undergeared” and “average geared” people stay out of pvp.

I too miss the old days of pvp, as this was the best part of al imo. But back then you could spend 100k on a twink in order to be competitive. Now days, if you don’t spend 100m+ you get farmed. I would like sts to address this in some way because if al is to ever get back to the glory days, people need to regain interest in pvp.

Edit: Few more things. Mages must be buffed in pvp. They have roughly same survivability as rogues but half the damage (not the actual damage stat, but the ability to do damage to another player in a fight due to weaker skills and slower cds). Assuming mages roughly make up one third of al population, something needs to be done in order to get these players into pvp maps. Right now mages know they get easily comboed by rouges, and don’t have the damage to kill tanks. That’s why pvp now is only rogues and warriors (for the most part).

For a suggestion, make a map that doesn’t count pvp stats on you record, but does count them towards aps. No matter how much you tell people to not care about their kdr, people will care about their kdr. If a ctf map was made that didn’t show any of the kills, deaths, or flags on your profile, more people might join pvp for the aps / less stress environment (aps would be countable in guild castle). Festerfang outpost was a good example of this. So many people spend time pvping here, mainly because it’s just for fun.

My opinions. Thanks.
    Last edited by Korabiv; 10-05-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Korabiv View Post
    The problem is when two people of the same level face off and one has double the damage and armor (roughly) as the other person, due to awakes. Is this really the “same level”? It’s more like a 76 facing a 46, and nobody wants that unless you are the 76. That’s why pvp is dead. Despite being equal level, the playing field is extremely unfair. I don’t want to make it seem like it’s the op people’s fault, but this is why the “undergeared” and “average geared” people stay out of pvp.

I too miss the old days of pvp, as this was the best part of al imo. But back then you could spend 100k on a twink in order to be competitive. Now days, if you don’t spend 100m+ you get farmed. I would like sts to address this in some way because if al is to ever get back to the glory days, people need to regain interest in pvp.

Thing I don’t get is all well and good saying the old days was more even but back then there was still aspects which made it extremely challenging just as it is... for example if anyone came into the map with a arc ring or a SnS or any other op arc pet it massively tipped the balance.. however people still gave it a go..

Think people are too focused on reason why not to do pvp and put themselves off it,

Age old saying of “work smarter not harder”

We know it’s easier than it has ever been to make good, and awakes mix it up completely but you certainly wouldn’t need to spend 100m+ to be decently geared out.. more to pvp than just equipment and awakes.. what happened to playing with tactics and a bit of courage?

If anything there was twinking back in the days as well and that used to be more expensive an cost silly monies but people still did it.

To say your lacking the equipment or awakes is a poor excuse imo just for the fact that there is soo many different variations of equipment and awakes you could use now and so much easier to make gold than before that it just boils down to people having a negative mind set and not bothering really to give it a go or give up just cause they’ve died a few times.

I appreciate tho what I’m saying is just my opinion but if it’s all a state of mind which I believe it really is more than anything then the first step would be to initiate a change to that current thought process *fingers crossed*

1<3
    Godfather of Arlor

inmortal demon grotto, chilling with the dark crow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

ah calibre 50, que memorias :v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

Edit: Few more things. Mages must be buffed in pvp. They have roughly same survivability as rogues but half the damage (not the actual damage stat, but the ability to do damage to another player in a fight due to weaker skills and slower cds). Assuming mages roughly make up one third of al population, something needs to be done in order to get these players into pvp maps. Right now mages know they get easily comboed by rouges, and don’t have the damage to kill tanks. That’s why pvp now is only rogues and warriors (for the most part).

For a suggestion, make a map that doesn’t count pvp stats on you record, but does count them towards aps. No matter how much you tell people to not care about their kdr, people will care about their kdr. If a ctf map was made that didn’t show any of the kills, deaths, or flags on your profile, more people might join pvp for the aps / less stress environment (aps would be countable in guild castle). Festerfang outpost was a good example of this. So many people spend time pvping here, mainly because it’s just for fun.

My opinions. Thanks.

We could make suggestions all day and night and like the one you’ve made we can have some good ideas put out there... problem is still doesn’t change people’s mentalities and we can do nothing but twiddle our thumbs in the hopes the maps change etc.

I think trying to change people’s perspective would be a lot more worthwhile and more realistic than waiting for a new pvp system to drop.

As a mage player myself I can’t say I agree that mages are the weakest out of all 3 classes. Killing a rouge isn’t that much of an issue, low on armour? Use gale and include the knock down for 5 secs. They doing too much damage to you? Get a curse in and watch them either kill themselves or run away until they can attack which gives you, etc etc, mages you just have to be a little more clever about how you play but it’s doable.

Wars I agree are a nightmare however can’t have it all but if there is a will there is always a way however the issue lies with having a strong enough will first

Fester is a great example of how you can still have fun pvping at end game and it’s actually more unfair than regular pvp as you can even stack elixers on the map and mire set gives a massive boost.

1<3
    Godfather of Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

“Furthermore I accept all responsibility for allowing a flawed 1:1 system to exist in AL that invites imbalanced fights between classes that have entirely different characteristics.

TLDR - Mages should duel other Mages. “
    -Cinco
    This was from a thread suggesting pvp balances be made.
    I don’t think changing perspective changes pvp imbalance sadly lol
    Rip paper scissors rock
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    We could make suggestions all day and night and like the one you’ve made we can have some good ideas put out there... problem is still doesn’t change people’s mentalities and we can do nothing but twiddle our thumbs in the hopes the maps change etc.
    But how do we change people’s mentality?

Don’t get me wrong, gold is easy to come by and I’m sure most people could afford a good / competitive pvp set, so gear is probably not a good excuse for most people. But the fact that people know that current pvp is full of people with op gear is a turn off for them. People want to fight normal, equal people who they know they have a chance of actually beating, since nobody likes to lose most or all of the time. Almost all current pvpers also have far more “pvp skills”, which is only obtainable by playing pvp.

There is also a “toxic” element that is a turn off for people to pvp. Just watch any YouTube video if you don’t believe me or look at all the pvp drama threads that show up on forums, and that’s what most people think of current pvp. Pvpers tend to be more toxic (from what I’ve seen), and most non pvpers are looking for more of a casual play experience where you don’t get called awful things and humiliated for losing.

I would love to see pvp come back again, as this is what people loved most about al. Maybe for a week event, sts could try turning off kdr for pvp, giving people an option to experiment and check out pvp. Most people (myself included) haven’t even tried pvp in years for various reasons, and some might actual find that they enjoy it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    As a mage player myself I can’t say I agree that mages are the weakest out of all 3 classes. Killing a rouge isn’t that much of an issue, low on armour? Use gale and include the knock down for 5 secs. They doing too much damage to you? Get a curse in and watch them either kill themselves or run away until they can attack which gives you, etc etc, mages you just have to be a little more clever about how you play but it’s doable.
    There’s a difference between doable and balanced. Now I can’t say too much since I haven’t pvped much since the 36 cap, but I can go on YouTube and see that the only 2 classes that exist in pvp (or at least competitive pvp) is warriors and rogues. Based on this, I consider mages to be the worst in pvp. That’s my opinion, but it’s certainly not impossible for mages to pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

But how do we change people’s mentality?

Don’t get me wrong, gold is easy to come by and I’m sure most people could afford a good / competitive pvp set, so gear is probably not a good excuse for most people. But the fact that people know that current pvp is full of people with op gear is a turn off for them. People want to fight normal, equal people who they know they have a chance of actually beating, since nobody likes to lose most or all of the time. Almost all current pvpers also have far more “pvp skills”, which is only obtainable by playing pvp.

There is also a “toxic” element that is a turn off for people to pvp. Just watch any YouTube video if you don’t believe me or look at all the pvp drama threads that show up on forums, and that’s what most people think of current pvp. Pvpers tend to be more toxic (from what I’ve seen), and most non pvpers are looking for more of a casual play experience where you don’t get called awful things and humiliated for losing.

I would love to see pvp come back again, as this is what people loved most about al. Maybe for a week event, sts could try turning off kdr for pvp, giving people an option to experiment and check out pvp. Most people (myself included) haven’t even tried pvp in years for various reasons, and some might actual find that they enjoy it.
    Hmm being straight with you even I had forgotten about the toxicity which unfortunately I’ve witness plenty of and you’ve made a really good point to be fair and I can’t do nothing but agree with you

Much appreciated bud ^.^

<3
    Godfather of Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    “Furthermore I accept all responsibility for allowing a flawed 1:1 system to exist in AL that invites imbalanced fights between classes that have entirely different characteristics.

TLDR - Mages should duel other Mages. “
    -Cinco
    This was from a thread suggesting pvp balances be made.
    I don’t think changing perspective changes pvp imbalance sadly lol
    Rip paper scissors rock
    Never come across this post so fair play and thank you ^.^

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor