Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: This is it, I Promise

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Default This is it, I Promise

Hi, I don't know how to intro this, lol. If you don't care to read it, just skip to the bottom.

This game is an MMORPG; a combination of two genres, if you like.

The goal of an RPG should be to create a simple to play, yet deeply complex system of mechanics (in this case, combat), which makes the game enjoyable for both the casual and competitive playerbases.

The goal of an MMO should be to create an enriching multiplayer experience for each and every unique individual who plays the game.

A combination of this? Well, the possibilities have proven to be endless.

This game USED to accomplish every single one of those goals (and so much more) in such a simple and charming way:

The messaging system is perfect for a mobile device, making it extremely easy to communicate with people from around the world - I've met some of my best friends because of this.

The game runs perfectly on so many devices. This is something I have never seen replicated on any other app or game. Ever.

The PvE USED to be complex and rewarding, for both the casual and the hardcore players.

The PvP USED to be what I and many others considered, and, perhaps in some ways will always consider to be, the most complex & balanced PvP experience of any game ever created.

All of this in a free mobile or PC game? Yeah... the potential really got thrown away.

I, along with many others, truly fell in love with this game and the old, vibrant, and beautiful community.

But now? Well. Lol. The game was ruined in two patches: Tradable vanities, and Enchantments/oVG Rings.

The former hurt so many veterans (including myself), whom spent hundreds of dollars to obtain the vanities and items that we owned. Having them accessible to everyone not only hurt us on a personal level, but it has done nothing more than create widespread toxicity and an even more rampant black market than we had beforehand. That is fact, don't argue; if you do, you're wrong. If you still disagree, just think about this: tradable Tournament Shields and GoA Shields? I can't even begin to explain the amount of drama this has caused over the years. What a joke.

But what about the Enchantments/oVG Rings? Well, it put the nail in the coffin for competitive PvP as a whole - which is the sole reason that the overwhelming majority of your playerbase plays this game. The PvEers and Merches are the minority, despite what some of you would like to think.

Funnily enough, in spite of all this, it is SO outrageously simple to fix the game, even from a coding and implementation aspect. A lot of these are PvP related because, like I said before, PvP is the sole reason your playerbase has stayed and supported you for so many years.

What are these fixes, you might ask? Well, here is, in my opinion, the top 10 things that need fixing:
    Preface: This is in some places very blunt, I've tried being subtle many a time...

1. Listen to the community you created.

It is home to some of the smartest people I have ever met. They know what they are talking about. More so than you might think as a developer. If we say there is a problem, there likely is one. I know consideration is given to a lot of what is posted here, but when good ideas are blatantly ignored in favour of bad ideas, it is insulting, to say the least.

2. Implement the changes that we suggest.

This one's simple: fix the things that we prove need fixing.

3. Remove Damage Modifiers in PvP.

Damage Modifiers can not, and will never be able to fix blatant imbalances that have literally spread to every single level of PvP. Having this many damage modifiers across level ranges, to the point where they overlap and create inconsistencies in damage and armor is such an awful "fix" to the rampant imbalance created by gear and some core mechanics of the game. They should be removed in their entirety, forever.

4. Fix the blatant imbalance between sets both at Endgame and Twinking levels.

I know this cap was meant to have items that are 'worth grinding for,' but it is simply not healthy for the game to achieve this by making the Mythics so ridiculously overpowered that skill is literally not even a factor in fights anymore.

In lower levels, the best gear is just unfair, I don't know how else to put it. I can literally 1v3 fully enchanted Level 30 Mages in elites on a Level 27 bird. That should not be possible. The toxicity that this has created in every single level outside of endgame is abhorrent, and only adds insult to injury. Low-Level Elites need to be removed entirely, or made PvE only.

If you are not sure how to approach this, just ask the community. I promise the feedback you would receive would not only be flawless, it would also gain you a lot of respect as a company, something I think was in parts lost over this game's lifetime.

5. Remove speed boosting rings and amulets from PvP entirely.

This one's insultingly easy to implement. Why should a rooted str-bear be able to easily catch up to a dex-bird? It's just flawed logic, really. Not only that, but speed rings create large ping-related anomalies in which you can be hit across the map, behind trees, and in places where you should literally not be able die in (behind 2 walls, for example). Speed rings and amulets need to have their effects removed from PvP. Simple.

6. Remove Enchantments from PvP entirely.

Do I even need to explain this? Adding higher stats to already overpowered gear is not the solution to fixing PvP, like I assume it was intended to be.

7. Fix the inconsistencies in PvE.

Ebonthrax should not randomly one-hit entire parties behind gold. The Mana-Shielding bosses should not be able to stack shields infinitely, to the point where birds + barrels cannot kill them.

8. Add farmable, campaign-specific vanities.

This not only a brilliant idea for farmers and PvPers alike, it would help every single new/casual player level-up, meet new friends, learn about the game, and maybe even stick around for the journey. There is literally no reason not to add this - and it's really simple to do, too.

9. Fix the economy.

There's lots to say here, but I guess it relates mostly to things that have been touched on before: the rate of gold obtainability, the black market, and loot-crates.

The first one makes it impossible for new players to obtain enough wealth to get to endgame. Literally impossible. Pets are pretty much a requirement, and sell for 8-figures, if not more. Besides that, there is also far too much artificial inflation in the game. Gold Events are not healthy for this game, and only add to the stupidly fast rate of inflation. Add some desirable gold sinks: gold-purchasable vanity packs, for example.

The second will always be an unfixable problem, but I guess it's worth mentioning (again).

And finally, loot crates. lol. Pocket Legends does not have the playerbase to support this feature in a way that is healthy for the f2p and p2w players alike. Locking necessary gear behind a paywall is absurd, and just a blatant cash-grab. Please tear down the pay-wall so that everyone can enjoy the game. Thanks!

10. Do Something About the Toxicity.

This game was almost too toxic for me to open some days. The report chat button seems almost useless, and /report somehow does less. I could dig and find a multitude of screenshots of conversations that are too toxic to even put on this forum.

Tradable vanities, unbalanced PvP, and awful PvE have all in one way or another contributed to the large, unescapable wave of toxicity that seems to sit in this game now.

Don't get me wrong, I've met some absolutely wonderful people on this game. Recently, apart from my friends, it seems that all there is in PL is toxicity.

The simple fix is to make chat-bans more frequent, and add new abbreviations to the banned-words list (I can PM any Mod or Dev the most in-depth list of all the filter-avoiding slurs and strings I have seen. Upon request, of course :])

If any, or all of these are implemented, I could see good things for game going forward. Right now, it's in a pretty bad spot.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now that that is out of the way, I guess I can talk about my reasons for posting this.

I am done with Pocket Legends. I have deleted all of my characters, and given everything away to friends.

It's been an almost decade-long journey, and I've cherished every minute of it. But it's just simply not the game and community that I fell in love with. So i thought I would give my pure, unadulterated feedback about the state the game is in. I've been active and heavily involved in this community for longer than 95% of those who remain - almost a decade - so I'd like to think that list was helpful, but I could be wrong.

This game was everything to me. I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for this game and community, so for that, from the depth of my heart, I just want to thank you all.

I've since found other things that make me as happy as this game used to, and I promised myself I would spend more of my time pursuing those interests instead.

To my friends that I spent years PvPing, farming, and chatting with (you know who you are), I just want to say thanks for everything you've done for me, as cliché as that is. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you all, and you've taught me a lot about myself in the process; I cannot thank you all enough. I know we'll keep in contact.

To the developers and mods: Though I may at times say some very rude and blunt things on the forum, just know it comes from a place of caring about the game and community that you created. You truly made the best MMORPG on the market and fostered a community the likes of which I've never seen before. The gameplay and PvP was flawless, and I mentioned it before, but I and many others literally think that PL PvP is the defining, and most balanced/complex MMORPG PvP experience. You should be proud of your accomplishments, for they are truly remarkable.

I wouldn't trade the friends and memories I've made on this game for the world. Y'all are the best, truly!

GG's,
    Burningdex.
    <3

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to burntoutdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

They're doing business here. This game making money for them.

They don't care about how unbalanced pvp is or how worse fhe economy today. They let this game dying.
    Everything base on platinum. What's going on with PL?

Maybe it's their plan, they make this so more players quitting everyday...by the time this game has not making income for them they close this and focus on AL

So, after quitting PL, I think you can start playing AL because it has a bright future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    Hi, I don't know how to intro this, lol. If you don't care to read it, just skip to the bottom.

This game is an MMORPG; a combination of two genres, if you like.

The goal of an RPG should be to create a simple to play, yet deeply complex system of mechanics (in this case, combat), which makes the game enjoyable for both the casual and competitive playerbases.

The goal of an MMO should be to create an enriching multiplayer experience for each and every unique individual who plays the game.

A combination of this? Well, the possibilities have proven to be endless.

This game USED to accomplish every single one of those goals (and so much more) in such a simple and charming way:

The messaging system is perfect for a mobile device, making it extremely easy to communicate with people from around the world - I've met some of my best friends because of this.

The game runs perfectly on so many devices. This is something I have never seen replicated on any other app or game. Ever.

The PvE USED to be complex and rewarding, for both the casual and the hardcore players.

The PvP USED to be what I and many others considered, and, perhaps in some ways will always consider to be, the most complex & balanced PvP experience of any game ever created.

All of this in a free mobile or PC game? Yeah... the potential really got thrown away.

I, along with many others, truly fell in love with this game and the old, vibrant, and beautiful community.

But now? Well. Lol. The game was ruined in two patches: Tradable vanities, and Enchantments/oVG Rings.

The former hurt so many veterans (including myself), whom spent hundreds of dollars to obtain the vanities and items that we owned. Having them accessible to everyone not only hurt us on a personal level, but it has done nothing more than create widespread toxicity and an even more rampant black market than we had beforehand. That is fact, don't argue; if you do, you're wrong. If you still disagree, just think about this: tradable Tournament Shields and GoA Shields? I can't even begin to explain the amount of drama this has caused over the years. What a joke.

But what about the Enchantments/oVG Rings? Well, it put the nail in the coffin for competitive PvP as a whole - which is the sole reason that the overwhelming majority of your playerbase plays this game. The PvEers and Merches are the minority, despite what some of you would like to think.

Funnily enough, in spite of all this, it is SO outrageously simple to fix the game, even from a coding and implementation aspect. A lot of these are PvP related because, like I said before, PvP is the sole reason your playerbase has stayed and supported you for so many years.

What are these fixes, you might ask? Well, here is, in my opinion, the top 10 things that need fixing:
    Preface: This is in some places very blunt, I've tried being subtle many a time...

1. Listen to the community you created.

It is home to some of the smartest people I have ever met. They know what they are talking about. More so than you might think as a developer. If we say there is a problem, there likely is one. I know consideration is given to a lot of what is posted here, but when good ideas are blatantly ignored in favour of bad ideas, it is insulting, to say the least.

2. Implement the changes that we suggest.

This one's simple: fix the things that we prove need fixing.

3. Remove Damage Modifiers in PvP.

Damage Modifiers can not, and will never be able to fix blatant imbalances that have literally spread to every single level of PvP. Having this many damage modifiers across level ranges, to the point where they overlap and create inconsistencies in damage and armor is such an awful "fix" to the rampant imbalance created by gear and some core mechanics of the game. They should be removed in their entirety, forever.

4. Fix the blatant imbalance between sets both at Endgame and Twinking levels.

I know this cap was meant to have items that are 'worth grinding for,' but it is simply not healthy for the game to achieve this by making the Mythics so ridiculously overpowered that skill is literally not even a factor in fights anymore.

In lower levels, the best gear is just unfair, I don't know how else to put it. I can literally 1v3 fully enchanted Level 30 Mages in elites on a Level 27 bird. That should not be possible. The toxicity that this has created in every single level outside of endgame is abhorrent, and only adds insult to injury. Low-Level Elites need to be removed entirely, or made PvE only.

If you are not sure how to approach this, just ask the community. I promise the feedback you would receive would not only be flawless, it would also gain you a lot of respect as a company, something I think was in parts lost over this game's lifetime.

5. Remove speed boosting rings and amulets from PvP entirely.

This one's insultingly easy to implement. Why should a rooted str-bear be able to easily catch up to a dex-bird? It's just flawed logic, really. Not only that, but speed rings create large ping-related anomalies in which you can be hit across the map, behind trees, and in places where you should literally not be able die in (behind 2 walls, for example). Speed rings and amulets need to have their effects removed from PvP. Simple.

6. Remove Enchantments from PvP entirely.

Do I even need to explain this? Adding higher stats to already overpowered gear is not the solution to fixing PvP, like I assume it was intended to be.

7. Fix the inconsistencies in PvE.

Ebonthrax should not randomly one-hit entire parties behind gold. The Mana-Shielding bosses should not be able to stack shields infinitely, to the point where birds + barrels cannot kill them.

8. Add farmable, campaign-specific vanities.

This not only a brilliant idea for farmers and PvPers alike, it would help every single new/casual player level-up, meet new friends, learn about the game, and maybe even stick around for the journey. There is literally no reason not to add this - and it's really simple to do, too.

9. Fix the economy.

There's lots to say here, but I guess it relates mostly to things that have been touched on before: the rate of gold obtainability, the black market, and loot-crates.

The first one makes it impossible for new players to obtain enough wealth to get to endgame. Literally impossible. Pets are pretty much a requirement, and sell for 8-figures, if not more. Besides that, there is also far too much artificial inflation in the game. Gold Events are not healthy for this game, and only add to the stupidly fast rate of inflation. Add some desirable gold sinks: gold-purchasable vanity packs, for example.

The second will always be an unfixable problem, but I guess it's worth mentioning (again).

And finally, loot crates. lol. Pocket Legends does not have the playerbase to support this feature in a way that is healthy for the f2p and p2w players alike. Locking necessary gear behind a paywall is absurd, and just a blatant cash-grab. Please tear down the pay-wall so that everyone can enjoy the game. Thanks!

10. Do Something About the Toxicity.

This game was almost too toxic for me to open some days. The report chat button seems almost useless, and /report somehow does less. I could dig and find a multitude of screenshots of conversations that are too toxic to even put on this forum.

Tradable vanities, unbalanced PvP, and awful PvE have all in one way or another contributed to the large, unescapable wave of toxicity that seems to sit in this game now.

Don't get me wrong, I've met some absolutely wonderful people on this game. Recently, apart from my friends, it seems that all there is in PL is toxicity.

The simple fix is to make chat-bans more frequent, and add new abbreviations to the banned-words list (I can PM any Mod or Dev the most in-depth list of all the filter-avoiding slurs and strings I have seen. Upon request, of course :])

If any, or all of these are implemented, I could see good things for game going forward. Right now, it's in a pretty bad spot.

Now that that is out of the way, I guess I can talk about my reasons for posting this.

I am done with Pocket Legends. I have deleted all of my characters, and given everything away to friends.

It's been an almost decade-long journey, and I've cherished every minute of it. But it's just simply not the game and community that I fell in love with. So i thought I would give my pure, unadulterated feedback about the state the game is in. I've been active and heavily involved in this community for longer than 95% of those who remain - almost a decade - so I'd like to think that list was helpful, but I could be wrong.

This game was everything to me. I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for this game and community, so for that, from the depth of my heart, I just want to thank you all.

I've since found other things that make me as happy as this game used to, and I promised myself I would spend more of my time pursuing those interests instead.

To my friends that I spent years PvPing, farming, and chatting with (you know who you are), I just want to say thanks for everything you've done for me, as cliché as that is. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you all, and you've taught me a lot about myself in the process; I cannot thank you all enough. I know we'll keep in contact.

To the developers and mods: Though I may at times say some very rude and blunt things on the forum, just know it comes from a place of caring about the game and community that you created. You truly made the best MMORPG on the market and fostered a community the likes of which I've never seen before. The gameplay and PvP was flawless, and I mentioned it before, but I and many others literally think that PL PvP is the defining, and most balanced/complex MMORPG PvP experience. You should be proud of your accomplishments, for they are truly remarkable.

I wouldn't trade the friends and memories I've made on this game for the world. Y'all are the best, truly!

GG's,
    Burningdex.
    <3
    thanks for your words and suggestions

GG's

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dmt For This Useful Post:

Set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yogaa View Post
    They're doing business here. This game making money for them.

They don't care about how unbalanced pvp is or how worse fhe economy today. They let this game dying.
    Everything base on platinum. What's going on with PL?

Maybe it's their plan, they make this so more players quitting everyday...by the time this game has not making income for them they close this and focus on AL

So, after quitting PL, I think you can start playing AL because it has a bright future.
    If Arcane legends was half the game pl is trust me nobody would be playing pl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Good luck in your life man.

We will miss you for sure.

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

Indeed! Best wishes, burntoutdex :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Indeed! Best wishes, burntoutdex :-)
    What a lackluster response to one of your most valuable, beloved community members. Clearly Burnt (whether he chooses to admit it or not) is seeking more closure on your part, as you are in the position of power, being the only one responsible for PL's longevity and having legitimate reasons for your choices on behalf of PL.

Burnt,

You are truly the man. I am so grateful for all the passion and thought you have consistently put into PL. It sucks, it really does. I would love to support STS, but I can't when items are worth 500 dollars a piece. I would love to PvP, but I can't when gear is unbalanced. I would love to be more engaged with the PvE community, but I can't when there is no incentive to participate.

I am glad (though, selfishly bitter) that you have made peace with the game and are saying your final goodbyes. Should PL spontaneously revive itself, I'll be here to help you get back on your feet if you decide to start it back up. Until then, just know that despite the fact that we have never even seen each other face-to-face, you will always be considered one of my dearest friends, and that could not have happened without the vehicle of PL.

Best of luck wherever your journey in life may take you, my friend

-Ghost

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Clearly Burnt (whether he chooses to admit it or not) is seeking more closure on your part
    Don't think so. If you read: he's deleted all of his characters and is leaving PL behind for good.

I am sincerely wishing this player 'best.'
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

The most upsetting thing is, that all of the suggestions and criticism are shrugged off with a one line response, which doesn't acknowledge them and distracts from the core issue. Communication is a skill that evidently hasn't been mastered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Always sad to see longtime players go, but we all must move on at some point, that’s just life. Even though at this point we talk more outside of PL than we do in game, it won’t be the same without you. Your continuous effort to give suggestions and offer help to the community in such an organized manner will always be appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Although I agree with most of what you said I don’t think we really need any stricter rules on chat bans and things of the sort. This game really isn’t that “toxic” there are tons of other games that are unfiltered in the chat department and make the toxic chat on pl seem like nothing, granted most these games are aimed at older audiences but pl’s audience base is also on the older side now (for the most part). Besides this I agree that things like enchants and low lvl elites and plat box’s killed pl from what it was and there isn’t much room to come back from anymore. Tradable vanities I never really felt was a big issue I thought it was good overall. If you wanted to keep your exclusive items you can, if you want to sell them you can and make tons of gold, and it also cut down on account trading at least I think because I don’t hear of people getting their accounts scammed like I did in the past.

In the end it’s sad to see dedicated players leave the game especially when the causes were so easy to fix.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Don't think so. If you read: he's deleted all of his characters and is leaving PL behind for good.

I am sincerely wishing this player 'best.'
    No, believe me, he is. He will not admit it, but everything we post on forums these days is intended to elicit more comprehensive responses from you.

The blatant disregard and one-line responses don't do anything substantive. That is what is so upsetting these days, and it creates a bigger rift in the community than you might think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Rip PL. ;(

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    No, believe me, he is. He will not admit it, but everything we post on forums these days is intended to elicit more comprehensive responses from you.

The blatant disregard and one-line responses don't do anything substantive. That is what is so upsetting these days, and it creates a bigger rift in the community than you might think.
    So he's not quitting; he's trying to get a reaction out of me.

Thanks! I feel much better about all of this.
    | | | |