Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Burntoutdex's Solutions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Just want to get this straight. The reason people buy enchantments is not because they enjoy the stat boost. It is because they feel forced to because the insane advantages they give. I’ve never spoken with a player who has used platinum to roll enchantments and I talk to allot of players. At this point I’m not sure who’s even enchanting items. I guess maybe the 5 people at 110 pvp and a couple people for gold loot. I honestly don’t see how this could make real money at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    Just want to get this straight. The reason people buy enchantments is not because they enjoy the stat boost. It is because they feel forced to because the insane advantages they give. I’ve never spoken with a player who has used platinum to roll enchantments and I talk to allot of players. At this point I’m not sure who’s even enchanting items. I guess maybe the 5 people at 110 pvp and a couple people for gold loot. I honestly don’t see how this could make real money at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Players might be telling you what they know you want to hear. I doubt that the spenders are going to risk the immense ridicule that’s sure to follow truthful discussion of their spending habits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Players might be telling you what they know you want to hear. I doubt that the spenders are going to risk the immense ridicule that’s sure to follow truthful discussion of their spending habits.

With all due respect. The only reason we have such a high spending rate on Enchants is because it feels like we are forced into it. When enchantment stats went from 30 max per slot to 50 max per slot it practically wrecked the entirety of 30-40 for enchants. All we've been asking for the last couple months was to either remove Enchantments from PvP in 30 or reduce their enchantment stats back down to 30 or lower per slot.

Add elites into the mix and you have major complaints towards the system of the game because without a doubt, elite PvP is far more unbalanced than legendary. Again i cannot make this statement any less true, elite mages with blaster and str armor beats EVERYTHING. So how is this more fair than legendary PvP if everyone has the same gear yet still gets totally wrecked by a single class?

We are not asking you to remove these items from game, we are asking you to balance them in PvP or just overall rid them of PvP. For no reason should any weapon in 25 excel past a L 20 plat hammer in terms of DMG, nor should any armor give endgame type stats in twink either. The entire function that elites were meant for PvE seems little more than flim flam. It's not proportional. L.1 Elites alone works good in PvE up to 25 so what's the reason for 25 to be even more OP? Enchants makes it so that a gearless player could solo the entirety of these events and still make gold so elites would be just overkill that helps nobody, outside of being the biggest exploit to PvP since tinsel and gleam worked in PvP.

In case you didn't want to read this full ugly essay i advise just reading my last point. It's worth looking at.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 10-11-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Spending ridicule shouldn't be a problem for anyone. In 80 cap when it launched people were spending millions on proj until magor, warat, arzac, came into the mix. We then spent tens of millions towards them. When the first vendor came one of my friends spent well past 300usd towards just the few pieces that was there. When the second vendor hit and it was the full set he spent even more than that. When intex, strax, and derex came he lost all the profit for the last gear and had to spend even more USD towards the game for them. Then 85 hit and there went well past 600usd-1200usd wasted and drained. That was 1 player alone of a, at the time still large player base in endgame, so what you think happened to the other?

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    Spending ridicule shouldn't be a problem for anyone.
    I agree with this point. It shouldn't be.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

So spending ridicule shouldn’t be part of the game, but essential pieces to endgame sets should be locked behind a gambling based paywall? Sounds like trying to get someone sober by taking them to a bar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

And my other points?

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    And my other points?
    In particular: Honor doesn’t cost Platinum!! :-)

| | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

In particular: Honor doesn’t cost Platinum!! :-)

The Arena of Honor costs 5 platinum to unlock:
    Attached Images Attached Images