Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Burntoutdex's Solutions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    In particular: Honor doesn’t cost Platinum!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Arena of Honor costs 5 platinum to unlock:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    This is the same as the other arenas. The gear is exclusively for gold.

| | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    To be clear though - I am wrong to assert that Honor is entirely free. My apologies :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The other arenas are free though right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Well there are 8 free 3v3 Arenas, including one you can unlock through quests (Oasis).

I think you should move The Arena of Honor over to this section - there's a nice space in the bottom right corner for one more arena to be added to the free arenas.

No one plays any of the purchasable arenas in the other section besides Honor, so the only reason anyone would purchase it is for that arena alone. And since Honor is all about being free, gold purchasable, balanced, and so forth, it makes sense to move it to the free arenas section. Or perhaps you could make the arena cost gold (a 30k-100k fee) to unlock just like the gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Honor arena costs plat to play, the gear may cost gold but the map doesn't. This is a major reason why many can't play because plat being hard to obtain.

It would also be great if we had multiple sets of honor gear like plat packs. Longswords and swords for bears, hammers and axes for rhinos, wands and staff for mages, dagger and duel daggers for foxes, and bows and talons for birds. This would bring mkre action towards Honor PvP and influence different styles of gameplay. It could also serve to further balance the gameplay in honor by making normally weaker dmg classes stronger. Me and Dollo could easily draw up some statistics on what the gear sets should be like.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 10-13-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

This is on my list of things to do. It's not high priority. Also it's going to take about as much time to do this as it will for me to make a new event from scratch (unfortunately the interface for Pocket Legends is unnecessarily complex).
    Also since you mentioned "This is on my list of things to do. It's not high priority." Can you explain to us WHAT IS on that list? Minor teasers and what not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    Also since you mentioned "This is on my list of things to do. It's not high priority." Can you explain to us WHAT IS on that list? Minor teasers and what not.
    #1 on the list.... adding more loot crates

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    Expanding the upcoming Halloween event is top of the list. There will be a new area for tier score / leaderboard purposes. My aim is to make this new event area an 'even playing-field' for all low-level, endgame, f2p and Platinum players by introducing a new mechanic. It's a huge risk obviously, but I think it's got a potentially awesome up-side. I'm hedging my success with this new area by making the loot very, very good. So even if the gameplay stinks you'll still be able to get your hands on some really great gear :-)
    | | | |

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Expanding the upcoming Halloween event is top of the list. There will be a new area for tier score / leaderboard purposes. My aim is to make this new event area an 'even playing-field' for all low-level, endgame, f2p and Platinum players by introducing a new mechanic. It's a huge risk obviously, but I think it's got a potentially awesome up-side. I'm hedging my success with this new area by making the loot very, very good. So even if the gameplay stinks you'll still be able to get your hands on some really great gear :-)
    Sounds like a plan my man can we fix mythic set bonus where it doesnt appear on inspect pages aswell?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

[QUOTE=Cinco;3047742] My aim is to make this new event area an 'even playing-field' for all low-level, endgame, f2p and Platinum players by introducing a new mechanic.
    What is this new mechanic? .. Already we have if a endgame max level enters a low level dungeon the mobs become harder to kill for low level ... ??
    Can you give a little info on new mechanic ?

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

You got this !
    hai doods

14. The Following User Says Thank You to synfullmagic_23110 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Let our friend burntoutdex know that I still wish them the very best :-)

1. 2. - The voice of the community is fractious and varied. I can understand how a players' game experience would lead them to believe that the community has a consistent opinion... but it isn't true. As a matter of experience "listening to the community" is about advancing the game with features that wind up making some portion of the player base happy and another portion of it unhappy... over and over. The idea that "everyone can agree" on issue_x or feature_y is fiction.

3. 4. 5. 6. - As mentioned above, the feedback on class balance and equipment related concerns is inconsistent (at best); oftentimes it is political, engineered to gain advantage in future clashes. This is not to say there isn't a bunch of great feedback out there, but the idea that it is part of some community consciousness is largely the feelings of a few vocal forum participants. I believe I have weighed in already on the fate of Enchantments.

7. - Cool. I would love to hear more about specific instances (like Ebonthrax' one shots) that can be addressed. Laying a blanket concern about PvE imbalance, unfortunately, does not help me very much.

8. - No. My time for PL development is at an all-time premium and the idea of enriching PvE with a wide variety of loot targets is entirely out of my scope. I intent to continue focusing on the development of new stuff for seasonal an PL-specific events.

9. - Gold is free and you can get it by playing the game. I am unmoved by the idea that players cannot earn gold (as I see new characters doing it all the time). Finding new gold sinks sounds good to me. Black Market is what it is. Loot crates will remain and will continue to be adjusted and re-worked until the best balance can be found. Halloween will have at least one crate and the design for its odds will be based on the performance of previous items of this type.

10 - Please contact the customer service department with information about toxic players. If you're sitting on screenshots of players being toxic it's not helping. Again: please send this information to our customer service department so that things improve.
    pretty much covered everything i would have said in this post for me lol.

beyond that plat prices are still honestly op for the amounts sill being offered from when I started playing the game back in 2010, but honestly thats beating a dead horse that this point since there's not even worthwhile routes of gaining plat without getting id frauded by info gathering sites that are blatantly harvesting user's info for profits ie tapjoy/ironsource.

thanks for the halloween event though, was a nice change to the normal play atm & it gave me a reason to play pl again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

I think leveling gets to be near impossible due to almost no one ever joining let alone full team runs. Not sure if you can scale pve enemy health/dmg/armor to the number of players, if not a overall nerf to enemies’ stats would help. I was trying to get back into some mobile games I used to play but PL was so discouraging to level to endgame between needing very slow xp gain and enemy difficulty. Whereas in Order and Chaos I was easily able to quest ~15 levels to max in about a week playing maybe 30-60 minutes a day, I played an hour of PL and couldn’t even get 1 level when I need 30+ to reach endgame.

I realize the games have very different mechanics and the faster level doesn’t exactly draw anymore players since it’s a pretty dead game now, but I know it would hold my interest more if I didn’t have to spend hours grinding through mid game leveled areas