Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2019-10-10 Content Update (269013)

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Good timing on this update, I was able to test the Curse skill changes.

Here is some clarity on skill descriptions:
    • If you apply curse [with no upgrades and mastery] to any enemy you take 10% extra incoming damage and you do %X reflection damage.
    • Upgrade "Words of Weakening" reduces incoming damage by 10%. [This means now you dont take any extra incoming damage]
    • Upgrade "Penetrating Curse" reflect damage is increased by 25% [%x+25%]
    • Upgrade "Lingering Curse" skill effective for 7sec [the skill cool down is 15 sec + charging the skill takes additional 1.5sec = 16.5sec]
    • Upgrade "Sweeping Curse" [Increase the range to 10m and can affect 8 enemies]
    • Mastery [10/10] Reduces the enemy's chance to Crit by 50% and increases the incoming damage by 20%

What does it mean in numbers?
    • Lets say the mob is doing 500 damage.
    • With no upgrades and mastery I will take 550 damage.
    • With 1st upgrade enable I will take 500 damage.
    • With 1st upgrade and mastery enabled I will take 600 damage.

How much is %damage reflection?
    As per my test when a mob did 600 damage curse did 1200 reflect damage. This means we are doing 200% reflect damage [i.e., %x= 175% + 25% from upgrade].

How big is this number?
    In contrast to Curse, my pet auto attack did 1k damage to the mob, my auto attack did 3k damage to the mob and the Ebon staff % damage reflection did 7k damage to the mob.

The improvement is good on the PvP side, but it is only useful for clash [with atleast 4+ enemy players], not at all useful for 1vs1. Doesn't give mage any kind of big advantage over any class but only enables them to gain some assist kills.

Verdict:
    1) Please make the description of the skills more user friendly and easy to understand.
    2) Mage needs rework on the single target damage skills for both PvE and PvP, kindly look into skill: Lightning Strike/Frost Bolt.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post

Here is some clarity on skill descriptions:
    • If you apply curse [with no upgrades and mastery] to any enemy you take 10% extra incoming damage and you do %X reflection damage.
    • Upgrade "Words of Weakening" reduces incoming damage by 10%. [This means now you dont take any extra incoming damage]
    • Upgrade "Penetrating Curse" reflect damage is increased by 25% [%x+25%]
    • Upgrade "Lingering Curse" skill effective for 7sec [the skill cool down is 15 sec + charging the skill takes additional 1.5sec = 16.5sec]
    • Upgrade "Sweeping Curse" [Increase the range to 10m and can affect 8 enemies]
    • Mastery [10/10] Reduces the enemy's chance to Crit by 50% and increases the incoming damage by 20%
    Some incorrect things there.
    • The cursed targets take 10%(+mastery) extra damage, not the mage.
    • Words of Weakening affects the cursed target's damage, they do less damage to everyone.
    • Penetrating curse does not affect standard damage reflection, it affects curse damage done to the cursed target when they do damage.

This means if you have 10 mastery and curse someone, while they are cursed, they take 20% extra damage.

So for example, if your party is normally doing 10k dps to a boss, it would do 12k dps while curse is on the boss.
    Last edited by Futumsh; 10-11-2019 at 09:56 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post

How much is %damage reflection?
    As per my test when a mob did 600 damage curse did 1200 reflect damage. This means we are doing 200% reflect damage [i.e., %x= 175% + 25% from upgrade].
    Curse does not use damage reflection - the damage you do to them when they do damage while cursed is an attack by the mage, so it depends on the mage's damage, not the cursed person's damage.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Please confirm is the Gossamor Gambol wings are trade able?

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Some incorrect things there.
    • The cursed targets take 10%(+mastery) extra damage, not the mage.
    • Words of Weakening affects the cursed target's damage, they do less damage to everyone.
    • Penetrating curse does not affect standard damage reflection, it affects curse damage done to the cursed target when they do damage.

This means if you have 10 mastery and curse someone, while they are cursed, they take 20% extra damage.

So for example, if your party is normally doing 10k dps to a boss, it would do 12k dps while curse is on the boss.
    Thanks for clarifying man, appreciate it. Can you please update the description of the skills (upgrades and mastery) its a bit confusing. It says damage taken instead of damage done everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Curse does not use damage reflection - the damage you do to them when they do damage while cursed is an attack by the mage, so it depends on the mage's damage, not the cursed person's damage.
    Yes thats how it worked, but I thought you changed it with update, because previously I use to do 250 -300 damage to the mob that did 600 damage to me. and now I am doing 1200 damage to the same mob. So please help me understand this bit, now I am doing increased damaged because now when I apply curse I am doing:

curse skill damage + 25% damage from Penetrating curse + 20% damage from mastery?

Also, please update the skill description with skill damage numbers like every other skill has. Thanks.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Meaningless message number 2. Just want to make a new thread