Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Useful changes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Default Useful changes

Looking at last suggestions taken into consideration for 'class balance', like VB or Shadow veil buffs (cant include curse here because keeps being same useless skill. Whole year we haven't been able to use our skills properly since ebons came around, same applies to curse : if you stun, freeze, root etc mobs dont attack so curse does nothing...) i'd like to suggest a change on mage artifact proc. Actually we need to kill mobs to make proc happen, but this becomes very difficult when you are in a pt.

For example, i make a pt with 3 rogues or 1 tank-2 rogues. Its very possible that i wont kill a mob in whole run, or if im lucky and kill few, still need luck because its 'chance when killing', not guarantee. Due to current balance in game, rogues are killing machines so no problem for them to make artifact proc. Warriors can wreck lots of mobs too by taunting them+ebon aegis.
    Im not sure if devs really know how hard is for mages to kill mobs unless you run in a full mage pt or 1 warr-3mages.

My suggestion is to change how artifact's proc happens and make it same as ebon amor/staff : when dealing dmg
    Maybe this way we can see the steps that were promised looking for a balanced game.

Side suggestion : imho what sts should have buffed is lightning strike skill. Dmg is ridiculous considering that if you use it, you are sacrifying any AOE skill. Make it worth to use it, single target skill dmg should be way better than what we actually have.

Tyvm

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluehazee For This Useful Post:

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,885 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    if you stun, freeze, root etc mobs dont attack so curse does nothing...
    Not true with the curse updates - cursed mobs take (10+mastery)% extra damage from all sources.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Not true with the curse updates - cursed mobs take (10+mastery)% extra damage from all sources.
    Nice. But can you please look into lightning skill and give it a nice buff thank you. Appreciate you looking into and trying to improve Mage skills

MAGE OF DEVIANT MISFITSKGKGKFK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Lightning skill damage buff thanks and well needed but the AOE % should increase too for pve it is very low in chance...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    ok, but my personal/team damage output is higher if I use 4damage skills instead of 3damage+1curse skill in solo/party. The only place curse excel in PVE is when it is used with Energize in a party, but the problem with that is that both energize and curse has a big cool down and low availability.

fireball (3sec cd) + lighting (3sec cd) + frost bolt (3sec cd) + gale (5.5sec cd) gives much higher overall damage output than fireball + lightning + frost bolt + curse (15sec cd).