Thread: help with pure int plz?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default help with pure int plz?

Im just starting a chantress and i plan to take her to the level cap as pure int.

Does weapon damage effect spell damage for the chantress?

Also, what would you recommend using once i get to alien oasis, a staff or a wand? I noticed on my bird thats when the baddies started hitting hard..

Ill ask more questions in this thread as they come to me. Ive noticed this forum is dead and i wanted to get something going..

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

1.) Yes, your weapon damage affects your spell damage. The higher the weapon damage, the higher the spell damage (as well as adding more skill points to increase damage).

2.) This is really preference. If you're going to use a staff, you'll be able to deal the most heaviest amount of AOE damage, but it's almost necessary to have a team (unless you're willing to invest lots of gold, plat, and potions). A wand towards the end seems more ideal, as the damage is not a huge amount difference and you have 40 more armor than a staff. Again though, it's all preference

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

So base damage effects the spell damage or dps?

So at lower levels it would might be better to use a 2h sword and go str for more spell dmg since you wont have much int to boost spell damage anyway? Has anyone tested str/int spell damage with a giant 2h sword vs pure int with a staff?

Sorry if thats a dumb question, im just started to understand the basics of the game..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Actually these thoughts are very smart for a newbie.

1) Your base damage determines your skilldamage and shows you the (auto-)damage dealed per hit (minus the enemy armor).
    Dps is what you get when you find the average damage and divide it by the weapon speed. Because it doesn't take the enemies armor into account it's much overrated, and esspecially intmages do nearly all damage with skills.

2) Indeed, a 2-handed Pally can be a very strong choice, at 21-25 with sandstone Swords and at lvl30 with a Iceberg Longsword.
    From level 35 upwards pure int will be stronger tho.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thank you! Now i can use this idea on my bird as well.. i was going for dps bows.. not hard hitting bows. Xbows might be a goos choice now that i think about it.. thx