GUIDE TO A SUCCESSFUL GUILD

Table of Contents:

1. Introduction

2. My requirements to make a guild

3. Guild Name

4. The Guild Members

5. The Advertisement

INTRODUCTION:

So, you have decided to take responsibility in raising/growing/making a guild. To make a guild, it takes 10,000 credits and requires no level requirement. Everyone has in mind a somewhat renown/successful guild. As I mentioned before, there are no requirements in making a guild, but to make a successful guild, there are a few requirements.

MY REQUIREMENTS:

While you are walking around in UCS Blackstar Base, you may see really low levels with their own guild. This will affect your guild a lot because think about it, would you rather join a guild with a high level or a low level owner. So try to stay in another famous guild until you've reached a high enough level. Another great factor is reputation, try to earn some reputation before making a guild. If people have heard good things about you and if you are known to be a good player, they will likely want to be in your guild. Be wealthy, people will enjoy being around rich people, don't ask me why.

GUILD NAME:

Now, the guild name, this will affect the decision in joining the guild. For example would you wanna join a guild named qedwbjwwebdwncdw, or guild names Venus Love. Guild names can be simple, complicated, something significant , or just plain funny. Some of the guild names I kinda like is Sparkling Pwnies, its original and funny. Another is, V for Vendetta.

GUILD MEMBERS:

Another thing players are looking for before joining a guild are the members in the guild. Try not to get too many "noobs".This means, the player is really new, doesnt have background info.on the game, and a player that doesn't understand how the game works. Most guilds are looking for high level players so they can try to get on the leader boards.Make sure you trust your members and try to get to know each other(this will improve your guilds teamwork and co-operation).

ADVERTISEMENT:

Now you got all the right stuff and now the advertisement begins. Introduce your guide and all about its info on the Guild section on the forums. Try to add all kinds of stuff. For eg. add what types of things your guild does and maybe also some info on the stuff the guild does.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY GUIDE

Any questions/errors/mistakes PM meh xD
    SL IGN: Justinjspark (LV 40 Operative)
    Guild: Sparkling Pwnies

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justinjspark For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Oh and don't randomly add players u don't know

That will cause a mess in the guild.
    One credit is what makes a million credits.
    Anishavie, The Merchant

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anishavie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Good one. I found a couple of fresh thoughts which can help me in reviving Jedi Council, i hope))

Thanx, bro
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    Good one. I found a couple of fresh thoughts which can help me in reviving Jedi Council, i hope))

Thanx, bro
    no prob.. glad to help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Once again another great guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You covered most good job
    IGN: fizzzzpop lv 55 mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thx everyone xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

So, it boils down to:
    1. Be famous
    2. Be rich
    3. No noobs
    4. Cool name

Well, I wish I had know this before I put in hours of hard work helping to make my guild one of the best on SL. Would have saved me tons of time. Live and learn, I suppose.

-----
    Sent from my six shooter. BANG! BANG!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    So, it boils down to:
    1. Be famous
    2. Be rich
    3. No noobs
    4. Cool name

Well, I wish I had know this before I put in hours of hard work helping to make my guild one of the best on SL. Would have saved me tons of time. Live and learn, I suppose.

-----
    Sent from my six shooter. BANG! BANG!
    lolz pretty much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

So I did what you said and used a well respected guild to level up and get some good gear. What do I do next?
    NachtElfje - mage / engi ~ BloedElfje - op / vampire

www.infiniteunion.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
    So I did what you said and used a well respected guild to level up and get some good gear. What do I do next?
    Get famous! Remember! No noobs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thanks, but I was asking Justin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

thanks, but i was asking justin.
    l o l
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

This is an awesome guild making guide! There have been a few threads about this, but I think this is the best one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
    This is an awesome guild making guide! There have been a few threads about this, but I think this is the best one.
    -.-...I wouldn't go that far and say it's the best...

No offense to Justin, but this isn't a guide...in fact it's counter productive.
    I'm not even going to elaborate on this because I could go on for pages (no pages on the interwebz, I know).

All I'll say is, why do people have to only join 'famous' guilds? What is 'fame' on the internet? Why should the little guy who's trying to grow his guild from the ground up be shot down because he's not famous? None of us are famous. We're recognized. I'm recognized for being outspoken on the forums and being fantastic at the game. I'm not famous. I'd be embarrassed if I was considered famous on a mobile phone game honestly. Instructing people to only join famous guilds is the wrong message to portray to people. How do you think those guilds got so big? They got big by people joining them. All it takes is one person with dedication to get a guild going. Don't shoot down the little guy so quickly. He could have some great ideas.
    Last edited by Kahlua; 12-28-2011 at 06:44 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua:524224
    I'm recognized for being outspoken on the forums and being fantastic at the game.
    Don't forget modest... But Kahlua is right. All you really need to be a successful guild leader is to be honest, friendly, and helpful to your guildies. Having a huge guild isn't important, what's important is that the people in it give you a reason to log on every day. Why have a guild where your members feel like just a face in the crowd? And if you have people joining because you have some status in game being rich or famous, then you can guarantee those people will leave for the next biggest thing when it comes along. Unfortunately the best way to learn being a GM is trial and error. If this is gonna be your first guild expect to make some mistakes. Don't let that stop you, learn from them and push forward.

Some tips:

* Don't spam guild invites, hell, don't even publicly recruit. You want people who ask you, and show they want to be with you, not just join because you're asking them.

* Develop a set of rules for guildies to follow. Without structure, your guild will be shortlived. Put a stop to guild drama and arguements immediately.

* Encourage selflessness. Donate to your own stash to encourage your members to help one another out.

* Don't show off all your vanities and pinks to your members, or brag about what you have. This encourages jealousy, hatred, and lack of respect. A good GM, IMO, shares their good fortune with their members. (I.e. you have 8 pinks, 10 vanities? Share with your officers who have bad luck, karma goes a long way.)

* If you want to take on the task of being GM, make sure you have the time and patience to fulfill the position. Being a GM is an endless job, and if you don't work on making your guild better, it will become stale.

* Host contests, events, and other fun things to keep guildies interest after they've all capped, to disallow time for boredom & drama.

* Be strong with the kick button. If you feel a guildie is hurting another member's play experience, warn once, boot next time. Set rules, make examples out of the bad eggs. Maintain that structure.

* Finally, always make time for your guildies. Idc if you've got MF half dead while on a miners luck. if a guildie has a serious issue, DROP EVERYTHING! This will make them feel more valued.

I could go on, but this aint my thread and I was just up all night capping toons, so I'm off to bed.
    Last edited by Ebalere; 12-28-2011 at 08:04 AM.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Try not to get too many "noobs".This means, the player is really new, doesnt have background info.on the game, and a player that doesn't understand how the game works.
    That means Newb... Not n00b, a noob is someone who is un-willing to even learn the game, wants everything but is not willing to put any effort, pretty much expects to be carried throughout game/life. Totally different, please look up noob in the urban dictionary, then get back and argue this

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

As far as this guide is concerned, i wasn't planning to comment on it bc i don't really agree with it either. I will say that the most important thing you need if you are making a guild is some kind of bond with the people you make it with. I knew the people I started IU with for weeks in and out of game before even considering this. i definitely got lucky with this group of characters i call my second family. Your guild will be strong if you have an unbreakable bond with it's members.
    Last edited by AveFenix; 12-28-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: other psots removed
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

So Justin i've used a respected guild to level. And got some good gear. What do i do next.
    Last edited by AveFenix; 12-28-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Never mind these people justin. Let's get back on topic. So i've used a respected guild to level. And got some good gear. What do i do next.
    I don't think you should "use" a guild for this purpose and then leave to find a "better" one. that kind of thing is looked down upon. what's to prevent the next guild you are looking to join from thinking you won't do the same thing to them? There are legitimate reasons for leaving a guild, but be weary joining and dropping guilds too often. Once you get the reputation as a "guildhopper" it is hard to get rid of, and all guilds want their members to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by roufus View Post
    Whoot in before lock
    there's no reason to lock this anymore silly ;-) but you could have at least put a cool .gif in or something, lol
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*