Thread: Locking XP Gain + PVE Kills??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Locking XP Gain + PVE Kills??

#replythread (please give your input, no arguing, we want a civil discussion)

Please @Developers get in on this topic too. I believe it could really help us understand & have new reasons to stay with your game.

Many others & I discussed the option of “Lock XP Gain” & realized that it doesn’t entail that it locks “PvE Kills” as well.

@Developers, can you explain why it locks out our ability to gain PvE Kills?

I have 2 endgame characters, which I enjoy playing never the less. New expansions aren’t a problem with the game, as some of us like to endgame. But when we solely focus on endgame, things start to snowball and we have proof of it.

1. Auction has basically died for lower level gears as nobody needs them anymore unless they are “pvp gears”, which makes it hard for new players to progress in power & wealth.

2. Half of the maps that we all used to love and cherish, don’t get touched anymore unless it’s to complete a 3-5 minute daily quest.

3. All the content from these maps aren’t deleted, or altered so they just take up space in your systems & gamecode for what reason?

Back to the main point of my post, - “Lock XP Gain” should only LOCK YOUR ABILITY TO GAIN EXPERIENCE FROM ENEMIES, while still allowing the ability to increase PvE Kills.

What should lock our PvE Kill Gain? - the minimum level recommendations on each playable map... for example;

I twink at level 17 WITH MY XP GAIN LOCKED. I go to run “Brackenridge (1-14)” I will not get XP gain, nor will I get PvE Kill Gain, as my level is higher than the maps recommended levels. Now if I went anywhere that level 17 falls into the level recommendation (OR BELOW RECOMMENDATION) I wouldn’t get XP gain because it is locked, but I would still get PvE Kills as I’m still defeating the enemies of my level.

Hauntlet is adaptive to level so it should still count as PvE Kills wether XP Gain is locked or not. Gaining XP from the mobs within applicable level range is up to the player, but gaining the PvE Kills shouldn’t have anything to do with locking XP GAIN.

I’m sorry for the long post, ty to all who read and changing this error in the game could seriously open up worlds of nostalgia for so many players & give us a point to twink again. Twinks don’t only help Twinks, the help every new player or struggling player. They help auction with supply of items that no longer have much supply at all. Please give me your thoughts & @developers too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

When you kill a mob that yields xp you get a pve kill. So if you can't gain xp, you shouldn't be able to gain pve kills. Some twinks literally run the tutorial for hours and hours to get the 10k ap.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gridlock140 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlock140 View Post
    When you kill a mob that yields xp you get a pve kill. So if you can't gain xp, you shouldn't be able to gain pve kills. Some twinks literally run the tutorial for hours and hours to get the 10k ap.

I’m aware that a mob within level range / requirement yields XP (like I said in post) but why does gaining the xp have to be necessary to the kill itself? You’re still killing the mob wether you choose get the XP or not. May you explain further (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeptifyx View Post
    I’m aware that a mob within level range / requirement yields XP (like I said in post) but why does gaining the xp have to be necessary to the kill itself? You’re still killing the mob wether you choose get the XP or not. May you explain further (:

If you could gain a kill from ANY mob in arlor there would be players running brackenridge non stop, oneshotting them to get an outrageous kdr. It's a little harder now that only a couple maps actually give you kills at max level, which makes it challenging.

You can also thank the people who exploited arena, nordr, tombs, etc for kills being harder to get. But in all honesty, pve kills mean absolutely nothing passed 10k. There's no lb anymore, and 10k is the last achievement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

If you could gain a kill from ANY mob in arlor there would be players running brackenridge non stop, oneshotting them to get an outrageous kdr. It's a little harder now that only a couple maps actually give you kills at max level, which makes it challenging.

You can also thank the people who exploited arena, nordr, tombs, etc for kills being harder to get. But in all honesty, pve kills mean absolutely nothing passed 10k. There's no lb anymore, and 10k is the last achievement.

I have a feeling you didn’t read my entire post. Please re read if you could (: I explained this exact thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I have a feeling you didn’t read my entire post. Please re read if you could (: I explained this exact thing.

Your feeling was wrong. I read the entire post.

"I twink at level 17 WITH MY XP GAIN LOCKED. I go to run “Brackenridge (1-14)” I will not get XP gain, nor will I get PvE Kill Gain, as my level is higher than the maps recommended levels. Now if I went anywhere that level 17 falls into the level recommendation (OR BELOW RECOMMENDATION) I wouldn’t get XP gain because it is locked, but I would still get PvE Kills as I’m still defeating the enemies of my level."

Back to what I said. You want to get kills in the map recommended levels correct? So you're saying if I disable xp at 14 I can still get kills in brack? People would still run the map over and over for an insane kdr.

This would just encourage players to bot even more. -1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

You're feeling was wrong. I read the entire post.

"I twink at level 17 WITH MY XP GAIN LOCKED. I go to run “Brackenridge (1-14)” I will not get XP gain, nor will I get PvE Kill Gain, as my level is higher than the maps recommended levels. Now if I went anywhere that level 17 falls into the level recommendation (OR BELOW RECOMMENDATION) I wouldn’t get XP gain because it is locked, but I would still get PvE Kills as I’m still defeating the enemies of my level."

Back to what I said. You want to get kills in the map recommended levels correct? So you're saying if I disable xp at 14 I can still get kills in brack? People would still run the map over and over for an insane kdr.

This would just encourage players to bot even more. -1

Ummm okay, imma just leave you where you at on this one. PvE KDR means nothing. Idk why you are so worried about KDR for PvE considering you’re killing AI that literally don’t attack you or move unless your inches from them. People run hauntlet at endgame and one shot ridiculously easy... but I’ll take the -1 from you since you explained yourself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

#replythread (please give your input, no arguing, we want a civil discussion)

Please @Developers get in on this topic too. I believe it could really help us understand & have new reasons to stay with your game.

Many others & I discussed the option of “Lock XP Gain” & realized that it doesn’t entail that it locks “PvE Kills” as well.

@Developers, can you explain why it locks out our ability to gain PvE Kills?

I have 2 endgame characters, which I enjoy playing never the less. New expansions aren’t a problem with the game, as some of us like to endgame. But when we solely focus on endgame, things start to snowball and we have proof of it.

1. Auction has basically died for lower level gears as nobody needs them anymore unless they are “pvp gears”, which makes it hard for new players to progress in power & wealth.

2. Half of the maps that we all used to love and cherish, don’t get touched anymore unless it’s to complete a 3-5 minute daily quest.

3. All the content from these maps aren’t deleted, or altered so they just take up space in your systems & gamecode for what reason?

Back to the main point of my post, - “Lock XP Gain” should only LOCK YOUR ABILITY TO GAIN EXPERIENCE FROM ENEMIES, while still allowing the ability to increase PvE Kills.

What should lock our PvE Kill Gain? - the minimum level recommendations on each playable map... for example;

I twink at level 17 WITH MY XP GAIN LOCKED. I go to run “Brackenridge (1-14)” I will not get XP gain, nor will I get PvE Kill Gain, as my level is higher than the maps recommended levels. Now if I went anywhere that level 17 falls into the level recommendation (OR BELOW RECOMMENDATION) I wouldn’t get XP gain because it is locked, but I would still get PvE Kills as I’m still defeating the enemies of my level.

Hauntlet is adaptive to level so it should still count as PvE Kills wether XP Gain is locked or not. Gaining XP from the mobs within applicable level range is up to the player, but gaining the PvE Kills shouldn’t have anything to do with locking XP GAIN.

I’m sorry for the long post, ty to all who read and changing this error in the game could seriously open up worlds of nostalgia for so many players & give us a point to twink again. Twinks don’t only help Twinks, the help every new player or struggling player. They help auction with supply of items that no longer have much supply at all. Please give me your thoughts & @developers too.

Pve shows you how hard you grind the map at your level or higher.
    IGN: Jairrus
    Character: Warrior (always)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jairus980 View Post
    No game from these developers have this feature, and I as Jairus980 agrees on this.
    I have a lvl46 toon in AL with 170k+ PVE kills and it's a feat I'm proud of.
    AL: Ranta DL: Zupy PL: Zuperranta/Daddyranta SL: Zuperranta
    "Got some death to do!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jairus980 View Post
    What??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuperranta View Post
    No game from these developers have this feature, and I as Jairus980 agrees on this.
    I have a lvl46 toon in AL with 170k+ PVE kills and it's a feat I'm proud of.
    I’m aware no game has the feature, that’s why I created the post bruv... your -1 why?? You just bragged about a 46 char with 170k PvE.. lol I’m glad you’re proud of your pve ..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Doesn't hauntlet give pve while its very easy?

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk