Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thread for new Arc Weapons Lvl 76

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I tested bow again in several maps and in duel too this time. I will let the pvp experts share their opinions about its usefulness in pvp, but as far as pve is concerned, it definitely needs another fix.

Like I already said, the proc rate is fine but the proc duration needs to be longer and the DoT done by it is not that good. So, let’s hope it gets buffed again soon and keep using your ebon bows till then.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noni For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

The new arcane staff seems to be extremely powerful. I was able to defeat Paracelsus (the skeleton boss) in 3-5 seconds. When the staff procs, all enemies that are attacking you die instantly. It provides about an additional +8000 HP for you too when it procs. Overall, I believe this is way stronger than the ebon staff especially after its nerf of leveling up after 71.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrvili For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

My personal opinion : extrem happy that mages got an OP weapon. They were far behind with weapon the whole expansions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crankomaniac View Post
    My personal opinion : extrem happy that mages got an OP weapon. They were far behind with weapon the whole expansions
    Yes agree... They complaint alot on ebon aegis when it is launched and how over power it is with 200% reflection compared to two other class..

the staff AA lasted very short at bosses it seems compared to regular mobs.. intended i guess
    Last edited by will0; 10-26-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used the lv 76 bow for a day both normal maps, event maps and hydra infested etc. İt seems it procs more frequent than ebon bow, gives 300+ damage compared to ebon dags with both %5 dex and same jewels and when proc stacks(which it easily stacks) it literally tears bosses away.

On the other side bow only procs with normal attack and it gets about %75 chance when charged and as other ppl said proc seems a bit shorter than ebon bow but dot frequency is faster. It would be better if it damages not a single target but a small area around the spawned proc cogs.

On pvp side as for myself dont do pvp but i tried on fester arena on a tank with jugg on and ot hit about %10 hp just with 1 proc. But its normal attack is maybe somehow weird cuz i hit the same tank 16 k with aim shot and 3-3.5 k with normal attack but in some occasions charged normal attack hit 20k + on lv76 warriors.

Overall its a good weapon especially for high hp bosses but may need some fixes on proc and pvp.

İf any questions feel free to pm me in game

IGN: Archmeister

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boommeister View Post
    I used the lv 76 bow for a day both normal maps, event maps and hydra infested etc. İt seems it procs more frequent than ebon bow, gives 300+ damage compared to ebon dags with both %5 dex and same jewels and when proc stacks(which it easily stacks) it literally tears bosses away.

On the other side bow only procs with normal attack and it gets about %75 chance when charged and as other ppl said proc seems a bit shorter than ebon bow but dot frequency is faster. It would be better if it damages not a single target but a small area around the spawned proc cogs.

On pvp side as for myself dont do pvp but i tried on fester arena on a tank with jugg on and ot hit about %10 hp just with 1 proc. But its normal attack is maybe somehow weird cuz i hit the same tank 16 k with aim shot and 3-3.5 k with normal attack but in some occasions charged normal attack hit 20k + on lv76 warriors.

Overall its a good weapon especially for high hp bosses but may need some fixes on proc and pvp.

İf any questions feel free to pm me in game

IGN: Archmeister
    I played with you an event run that bow is so op i wonder why its not 100m like the other arcanes used to be

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I saw the proc damage for all weapons they are all pretty impressive and better than ebon.
    I am sure dag and aegis proc will be par with staff because bow and sword is kinda balanced. so lets wait and watch, xmas isn't that far
    World will be a better and peaceful place if people learn to appreciate the difference in opinion.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

So just bought new staff and decided to comment. First off, it’s not as broken as some people make it seem. It is good, but let me explain why it’s not broken.

The proc does a lot of damage. It one shots mobs in elite maus from my tests. It also does a good chunk of damage to bosses, especially the hard hitting ones. Also, the proc adds a lot of health (12k for me, not sure if this is fixed number). Elite maus first boss and mobs were fairly easy to solo.

Here’s where the staff is lacking: the proc rate is not that good. It can proc on any damage you deal including skills and magma aa. Because of this, it procs a fair amount during the mob fights, but not much at all at boss fights since it’s usually only one target. I tested against para because someone said it only takes a couple seconds, and it still took me about a minute with full attack skills build to kill this boss. This mainly was due to low proc amounts and the boss not hitting me sometimes if the proc went off. Was very hard to proc against fly lord and hydra.

Another downside is the whole “reflect” concept. The proc is only good if you are able to take damage when the proc goes off. As a mage, this is not always easy due to other party members possibly taking Aggro or stunning enemies, as well as the usual slow attack speed of enemies. It’s good when it works, useless if it doesn’t. There are times when proc goes off and no enemy will damage you.

All in all, this weapon is not as broken as some claim. Yes it’s good when it works, but it’s not always easy to make it work. Still early testing for me so not 100% on if there is better ways to utilize this yet. Didn’t test in pvp, sorry.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Korabiv View Post
    So just bought new staff and decided to comment. First off, it’s not as broken as some people make it seem. It is good, but let me explain why it’s not broken.

The proc does a lot of damage. It one shots mobs in elite maus from my tests. It also does a good chunk of damage to bosses, especially the hard hitting ones. Also, the proc adds a lot of health (12k for me, not sure if this is fixed number). Elite maus first boss and mobs were fairly easy to solo.

Here’s where the staff is lacking: the proc rate is not that good. It can proc on any damage you deal including skills and magma aa. Because of this, it procs a fair amount during the mob fights, but not much at all at boss fights since it’s usually only one target. I tested against para because someone said it only takes a couple seconds, and it still took me about a minute with full attack skills build to kill this boss. This mainly was due to low proc amounts and the boss not hitting me sometimes if the proc went off. Was very hard to proc against fly lord and hydra.

Another downside is the whole “reflect” concept. The proc is only good if you are able to take damage when the proc goes off. As a mage, this is not always easy due to other party members possibly taking Aggro or stunning enemies, as well as the usual slow attack speed of enemies. It’s good when it works, useless if it doesn’t. There are times when proc goes off and no enemy will damage you.

All in all, this weapon is not as broken as some claim. Yes it’s good when it works, but it’s not always easy to make it work. Still early testing for me so not 100% on if there is better ways to utilize this yet. Didn’t test in pvp, sorry.
    Couldn't agree more, this is exactly what i saw when i tested staff. Not a single word to add

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluehazee For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Korabiv View Post

I agree with you; I was only able to defeat para that quick because the staff's proc went off at the right time, therefore it's not consistent.

The duration of the proc is very short and in the end, this proc doesn't fit us mages; we have no taunting abilities so if a warrior is in the party, the proc would likely take no effect since only a few mobs are attacking you. Even if you have no warriors, you'd still struggle because mages are squishy. This is all from my experience/opinion, however.