Thread: New arcane staff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default New arcane staff

The new level 76 staff is too overpowered in event. The cost of the staff is roughly 50m, and it's basically needed for top 5.

Consider a nerf in tomorrow's update.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Looks like u lost a battle to mage

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Scll For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

The staff is to OP and needs a nerf 100%.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to swoutttt For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scll View Post
    Looks like u lost a battle to mage
    staff isnt so good in pvp, its too op only at bosses

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

lol 50m... you have any idea how much real money people spend to buy plats to gamble on locked crates?
    Last year I spent 2k plats on winter chests, didnt get anything good and then I spent 60m to buy ebon staff, then another ton of plat on elite awakes on awakening event to get good stats.

last event I spent ton of plat just to get that infernal vanity and ended up getting a broken vanity that I dont know when devs are gonna fix.

Your thread just pissed me off a lot more.
    World will be a better and peaceful place if people learn to appreciate the difference in opinion.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Let’s be honest. If you say this staff is op, clearly you’ve never used it.

Allow me to shed some light on this subject for those in the dark. The proc is op, but that’s ONLY if it works. The proc rate is insanely low, especially on bosses, and the proc duration is also very short. Because of this, it seldom does anything. I made it through deep marsh runs without the proc ever doing anything, mainly because mobs died too quickly from other people damaging them. Bosses I can’t say I saw it do anything either, at least nothing that was significant. I can make it through multiple para runs with the proc never doing damage, again due to above reasons.

If you only have seen people use it and it happens to work, I could understand how you think it’s op. But trust me, reflect is garbage for mage, and with the low proc rate and short duration, this staff isn’t that good. Maybe there are “better” ways to proc that I haven’t figured out yet, and maybe there are also ways to take Aggro that I haven’t learned, but I’m not too impressed with the staff.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Allow me to shed some light on this subject for those in the dark. The proc is op, but that’s ONLY if it works. The proc rate is insanely low, especially on bosses, and the proc duration is also very short. Because of this, it seldom does anything. I made it through deep marsh runs without the proc ever doing anything, mainly because mobs died too quickly from other people damaging them. Bosses I can’t say I saw it do anything either, at least nothing that was significant. I can make it through multiple para runs with the proc never doing damage, again due to above reasons.

If you only have seen people use it and it happens to work, I could understand how you think it’s op. But trust me, reflect is garbage for mage, and with the low proc rate and short duration, this staff isn’t that good. Maybe there are “better” ways to proc that I haven’t figured out yet, and maybe there are also ways to take Aggro that I haven’t learned, but I’m not too impressed with the staff.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Korabiv View Post

....maybe there are also ways to take Aggro that I haven’t learned, but I’m not too impressed with the staff.

What about using life giver skill, that taunts mobs, see if it helps the proc rate, and don't use shield or armour buffs.

MAGE OF DEVIANT MISFITSKGKGKFK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhguhbuhbuh View Post
    What about using life giver skill, that taunts mobs, see if it helps the proc rate, and don't use shield or armour buffs.

I think proc is based on attacks/dmg dealt. Ideally mage would probably want 4 attack skills with lots of DOT, magma aa and taunt awakens.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Gale and ice bolt don’t work since they stun/freeze targets, negating reflect (haven’t been able to use these skills since ebons). Life giver and shield do nothing for proc, and curse does very small amounts of damage. That leaves mages with fireball (no stun upgrade), lightning (only single target, rarely procs from this, no stun upgrade), and clock (no mastery or root, since that again negates reflect). Always use magma aa to maximize proc amount.

Shield is almost forced to be used. The problem is mages aren’t near as tanky as warriors, so if the proc isn’t up and you have no damage reduction such as shield, you’re dead. And like I said, proc rate is very low, especially on bosses, so you don’t want to take damage or you just farm deaths. Again, reflect is not meant for mages. I would much rather warriors have this proc, regardless if it’s “op” or not, and give mages something that is more fitting for our class.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexios View Post
    lol 50m... you have any idea how much real money people spend to buy plats to gamble on locked crates?
    Last year I spent 2k plats on winter chests, didnt get anything good and then I spent 60m to buy ebon staff, then another ton of plat on elite awakes on awakening event to get good stats.

last event I spent ton of plat just to get that infernal vanity and ended up getting a broken vanity that I dont know when devs are gonna fix.

Your thread just pissed me off a lot more.
    agreed -.- the Plat vs. the price doesnt really match it . too much plat hav been wasted pls consider players who buy plats too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Most of the time i use this staff it doesn't process as what Korabiv explained, it is good when it process but the process time is short 2-3 sec?
    If the mobs / boss dont attack me or taunt by mage it is useless as what Korabiv said.

Also reflection process is not consistent to mage main core skills which is to slow/ freeze mobs.

To try to make it process more i have to give up using gale / ice and snare skills... and with this setup mage core skills is no longer efficient for crowd control in PVE.

It doesn't Heal or give Mana unlike Ebon staff how can this be op? I am hoping the "gun" version will be doing mage more justice in end game weapon also not needing to rely on old "DS" to kill high hp bosses.

I myself have 3 types of weapon to toggle in this game when i PVE, unlike previous season i dont have to carry old weapon due to the process.
    Last edited by will0; 10-30-2019 at 05:59 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to will0 For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

And due to my desire to test the weapon in its entirety, I soloed deep marsh (no one else to take damage but me, no stuns). The proc did very little in total to the mobs, mainly because I would get them low health or killed before the proc went off. As for each of the bosses, none of them took much damage from the proc, even the hardest hitting ones. I would compare the damage from one proc hit to that of a good geared rogues aimed shot or great geared mages lightning. Clearly not op in this map.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I think its time mage start adding %taunt awake to their gear or play the game solo.
    or
    how about we get taunt added to one of the damage skill upgrade and get default crowd control from ice and gale moved to upgrade, just a thought.
    Last edited by Alexios; 10-30-2019 at 08:46 PM. Reason: or
    World will be a better and peaceful place if people learn to appreciate the difference in opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexios View Post
    I think its time mage start adding %taunt awake to their gear or play the game solo.
    or
    how about we get taunt added to one of the damage skill upgrade and get default crowd control from ice and gale moved to upgrade, just a thought.
    mage taunting mobs? Then what is warrior for? i dont think this is a viable solution...... each class has a role to play in AL and mage is not a tank in all RPG games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    mage taunting mobs? Then what is warrior for? i dont think this is a viable solution...... each class has a role to play in AL and mage is not a tank in all RPG games.
    Lifegiver already has taunt, having taunt does not make you a tank, it just enables you to get aggro, and thats what we need for the reflection proc.

I am not sure what MMO you play, but every mmo also has taunt enabled by default on tank class, in AL warriors dont have taunt enabled by default, instead here the aggro goes to the highest dps stat in the party. Using taunt in AL just overrides the highers dps untill the next shot from the highest dps.

I dont think the class roles matter in this game, if it did then devs would have designed gear and content keeping the roles in mind and I would expect the info of a class serving a specific role to be present at the character creation screen like any other RPG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

YO YO YO.....finally mages got a decent staff after the bad horrorific and ebon staff.... it doesn't need to be nerfed it's ok as it is....if you at ein party and got also a tank that taunt attacks of mobs or bosses then u don't get hits and since proc duration is short u don't do any crazy damage... warriors had ebon aegis that was op af and I was happy about it cause anyways why not like to ha e someone op in my party when I farm pve... rogues where always op damage dealers as they should be anyways....yes reflect damage on mage don't really makes sence with mages skills but u can do it its not big deal...about pvp I dunno how staff is but ok to be balanced if needed... but in pve new staff is fine as it is... not very op as some say... chill guys... as I mage I was using immo staff for mobs and balance staff and dragon staff for bosses... it was about time to have a decent staff to stop using very old low level weapons... and btw balance and ds are still better for 90% of bosses than new staff but ok... yo stop cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy enjoy game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Wars pls wait for aegis Rogs pls wait for daggers .. Staff is the best for mages guns comming is useless so please wait for ur turns no more complains pls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Warrior class never complained about other class when they have op weapon
    But when war has one op weapon (eg ebon aegis during release), the number of complain is remarkable
    IGN: Jairrus
    Character: Warrior (always)